Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
More stories about Mourinho to United. What is his purported fascination with the club though? "The United way"? Our '659 million' plastics? Our wages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Please for the love of god sack LVG now. If Jose is the plan for the summer, get him in now and let him start evaluating players. If not, have Giggs or Warren Joyce or ANYONE finish up the season.

Best case might be to let Giggs be interim manager so we can see him fail now, rather than as permanent manager of Man Utd at some point lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

How are all these random United players with made up names like Darmian and Lingaard playing? Poorly? Any of these lads look promising? Seems like a lot of high priced trash

Darmian and Schneiderlin are somewhat disappointing. So is Schweinsteiger. And Depay. Lingard isn't very good but he's from the academy afaik.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hegay posted:

Lingard is 23, he'll never be good enough for Man Utd

Clearly not. I was responding to the "high priced trash" part of his post.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Since the start of December, United has gained only 2 more points than Aston Villa

That's truly poo poo but I saw another interesting stat: City have only gained 2 more points than United in the last 21 games.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
This is amusing, if true:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-stars-face-wages-7396643

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is LVG still in a job because the Man Utd of the paucity of options for people to replace him (as far as the board there see it at least) or is there some other reason, like not wanting to pay him off, or he's got pictures of Bobby Charlton being 'familiar' with livestock or something?

Surely one of the experts in TMP will be able to give a definitive answer to this question.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Sam Allardici is the obvious moneyball choice if he completes the miracle of keeping Sunderland up

I would unironically enjoy seeing Big Sam manage my red devils. Just for a little while.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

euroboy posted:

It's fascinating to read about the internal power struggles at Manchester United, from Red Issue https://twitter.com/RedIssue

Red Issue is full of poo poo though.

https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/332079780088397824

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

excuse me lady posted:

Redissue have very good contacts, before they gave up publishing the fanzine they would regularly have stories which would appear weeks or months later almost verbatim in the mainstream press. Like any journalism some of it turns out to be complete bobbins or they were deliberately fed a false line by the "sources" but their hit rate is better than any of the other papers.

So Fergie kept up an act of being respectful towards Mourinho for years just so he could screw him over in the end? I don't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Imagine if footballers let fly like that in interviews on a regular basis and, when verbally outwitted, got back at eachother with studs up tackles. The sport would be so much more entertaining. :allears:

• Locked thread