Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

What's with United supporters getting all excited about Mourinho anyway? Isn't he the exact antithesis to the 'United Way' in that he plays negative football and never plays youth?

It's almost as though the 'United Way' was a bunch of mythical bullshit and all that really mattered was results no matter how they came eh?

I dont know anyone whos excited at the prospect of mourinho tbh

Scherloch posted:

"The United Way" is indeed mythical bullshit, and most (normal) United fans will tell you so. It's just a phrase the people over at RedCafe likes to trot out in order to feel superior. They can't really agree on what the United Way is, other than that it exists and something about winning.

Fans just want to see attacking football and thats about it. You can get away with not doing that when youre winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

This guy looks pretty excited

Yeah but he's one of the exceptions. I can tell you that pretty much through mid december to mid Jan every team that came to Old Trafford had their supporters start Jose Mourinho chants. You didnt hear that picked up by the supporters in the United end. Even at one point when Rooney missed a good chance while he was in really bad form a guy behind me started a "You Scouse Bastard" chant with a few of his mates but the rest of the stand started booing them and giving them abuse and they stopped.

People like that guy are trying to get on TV. I mean you have to be a massive oval office to buy a scarf featuring a guy who isnt even the manager. Its worse than a half and half scarf imo.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

brocked posted:

Yeah, but those scarves are probably pretty cheap in his part of London

They sell them outside Old Trafford, they sell all kinds of ridiculous tat on the stalls there tho. Like tshirts with pics of Gerrard or Terry on making fun of when they slipped over, what kind of United fan would buy a tshirt with a pic of them on it?

Just for the record I'm not totally opposed to Mourinho but I dont think he's the ideal fit. But then I'm not sure who the ideal fit is?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Weaponized Cum posted:

pretty sure all he does is let them use the logo then the studio's creative team does the actual ad work

so he's not a "genius" he's just bleeding hollywood for some $ and spending it on Memphis Depay's wages

United have had a deal with 20th century fox for a while now, they had a few players tweet about the Reverant

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Can someone explain/handwave away Chicharito tearing the Bundesliga up (check the stats) meanwhile Mannchester United struggle for goals?

In his last game for United he missed an open goal then asked Rooney if he could take a penalty at 4-0 and missed it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Der Shovel posted:

On a podcast I listen to the hosts made the argument that with the Premier League's TV fees ballooning constantly to ludicrous degrees, the clubs should be lowering ticket prices instead of raising them because the money they make by raising prices is a pittance compared to what they make elsewhere, but to individual supporters the prices are already beyond the pain threshold and are actively preventing many people from going to see their team.

Which I thought was a good argument even at the time, but even moreso with that figure in mind.

That was a cracking episode of the Traffordcast

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

Can you cite your sources re: massive waiting lists? Because there hasn't been a "massive waiting list" at Old Trafford for years. As Taff said in the other thread, last season they were still trying to flog unsold season tickets at a cut price for half a season in January. At one time, season tickets were something you got when your dad/grandad got too old to go and passed it on.

United were offering any members the chance to buy up to 4 tickets for the Stoke match.

I was on a waiting list for donkeys years, but started getting calls probably about 2012ish from the club and yearly from there offering a season ticket.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

Is there any hope for Depay? He's looked so so bad when I've seen him play

Yeah theres hope but aside from the Champs league game he's looked pretty poor. His big problem is he does one thing, and thats cutting onto his right and coming inside to shoot. Defensively he's awful.

The hope comes from the fact he's young and he's obviously got talent, but he's been shockingly bad this season.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Monday Bandele posted:

He's been so much worse. He had all the advantages that Moyes didn't have (obedient dressing room, unlimited transfer funds, lowered expectations, weaker Premier League competitors) and has blown them all.

Not sure where your logic is on some these

- obedient dressing room - How did Moyes not have that? You can criticise both of them for causing issues in the dressing room but ~I'm not sure how you feel that Moyes taking over from Fergie had a less obediant dressing room that LVG taking over from Moyes?

- unlimited transfer funds - Pretty sure Moyes had this too, but chose instead to only sign Fellaini pre season and Mata in the January. Shaw and Herrera were both signings put in place before LVG took over, and Ive heard that Falcao was too.

- lowered expectations - Not sure on this either - LVG was expected to turn them back to challengers

I mean if youre going to compare the two compare it on the dour football that they have played, or the poor results.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I think you are wrong on the dressing room and the transfer budget. Remember the fight about chips in the dressing room? Remember the faction of SAF loyalists that worked to undermine Moyes? As for transfer funds, do you really think that Moyes could've spent as much as LVG to improve a squad that had just won the league?

I think you are right about expectations. LVG was expected to challenge for the title.

Yeah but the dressing room issues were a direct result of Moyes in the same way you can say the dressing room issues now are a direct issue of the way LVG is with the players

And yes, as I said at the time they made a bid bigger than Madrids of close to 100 million for Bale, and were chasing Fabregas. Given that they spent 60 million on players, and had authorised another 60 million spend while Moyes was in charge I dont think it was an issue of funds not being in place.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah while I admire The Taff Man's fervor this point is beyond argument now.

Wheres the fervour? I'm just saying that I think its unfair to say LVG has had it easier than Moyes.

I dont think Van Gaal is a worse manager than Moyes and I totally think its time for him to go now, but I think up until that streak through December where we had all the losses on the bounce that while the football was dire that he'd done what he was brought in to do. The problem is as soon as you have dire football plus bad results theres no coming back. Start of december we were 3 points off the top, 11 games later and we've only won 12 points

The media have clearly been waiting for the decilne and storys like him offering to resign have just been ridiculous.

Still dont think Mourinho is the answer but it would be a fun ride.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Der Shovel posted:

Regardless of who comes in, Giggs should get the boot alongside LVG and the new guy should be able to bring in his own team.

What have you got against Giggs?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Twat le Piss posted:

Taff, do you think Man U would be stable with Giggs managing the team?

Not at all, but I dont see whats the issue with ex players being part of the coaching team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

fat gay nonce posted:

Better or worse than Taff?

All of my claims were 100% confirmed facts tbf

• Locked thread