Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i see you are a reptile owner. thats usually a red flag for me. plus you reproduced. yikes.

maybe fill a your bathtub with drano and get in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
load the shotgun with baby poop and let him have it

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

extra stout posted:

as a homeless libertarian naturalist i dont know about those contract words or apartments really but i am very curious about your pheasants,
what did you shoot them with, how long do they take to clean, and how do they taste?

12 gauge Remington semi-automatic, 1100 series I think. Very quick ifd you know the trick to doing it and don't mind eating just the breast. They taste wonderful; lighter and more delicate than chicken. I marinated them in soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and a few other things I can't remember.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
You should go and live at the library.

Seriously, you're the one being flaky here. Check what the tenancy laws in your state say about appropriate notice for viewings, but I don't blame the landlord one bit for trying to find a tenant who wants a long term lease after his last tenant bailed before the lease was up and you're not willing to lock yourself in to being a long term tenant because you want the option to up and leave.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

i see you are a reptile owner. thats usually a red flag for me. plus you reproduced. yikes.

maybe fill a your bathtub with drano and get in it?

ha ha. gay dad so what drinks his bathwater

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Also I dunno why you're being an idiot about just looking up the laws yourself or at least mentioning what state you're in but here's the state by state laws on this:
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/chart-notice-requirements-enter-rental-29033.html

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
also make the place look as misrable and creepy as possible.

have all the faucets turned so they slightly drip. The lighting needs to be dull and dark. If you can make things creek or bump all the time that too is good.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lolie posted:

You should go and live at the library.

Seriously, you're the one being flaky here. Check what the tenancy laws in your state say about appropriate notice for viewings, but I don't blame the landlord one bit for trying to find a tenant who wants a long term lease after his last tenant bailed before the lease was up and you're not willing to lock yourself in to being a long term tenant because you want the option to up and leave.

and hes a reptile owner. that spells gross flaky weirdo white trash idiot to me. i bet it stinks in there cause of the unemployed OP, his neglected baby, his dogs, and his reptiles. plus the bugs. someone should actually call social services.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
TBH I think it is nice that they are offering to sign a new lease with you because you will probably be a problem tenant if you are not already.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think you should gtfo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

TBH I think it is nice that they are offering to sign a new lease with you because you will probably be a problem tenant if you are not already.

trust me, he is.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
kill him

murder your landlord

it is the least anyone who chooses to become a landlord deserves

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Constantly mumble to yourself "Wrong kid died."

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hey op be sure to let us all know how calling out the landlord works out when you don't have a lease.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Op, did you guys ever let the landlord you were taking over the lease?

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
That's cheap as gently caress rent OP. I pay 1400 for a loving 1 bedroom.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

de_dust posted:

where the gently caress do you live?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

de_dust posted:

its a shithole. did you see all the poo poo thats going on in there? guy doesnt even have a job...ugh

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Honky Dong Country posted:

Hey op be sure to let us all know how calling out the landlord works out when you don't have a lease.

Op is trying to make himself look like the victim here but actually he holds most of the cards. If they've been there for a month already they could potentially make the landlords life a living hell, it's pretty difficult to get people evicted nowadays.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
You probably shouldn't complain about anything in a 2 bed/bathroom apartment that costs less than $800 a month. At least they gave you a notice at all, poo poo.

Where do you live that it's so difficult to rent your apartment that they need 6 months to find a new tenant?? Seems odd as hell. Make sure they aren't going to kick you out or something...

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Voltage posted:

You probably shouldn't complain about anything in a 2 bed/bathroom apartment that costs less than $800 a month. At least they gave you a notice at all, poo poo.

Where do you live that it's so difficult to rent your apartment that they need 6 months to find a new tenant?? Seems odd as hell. Make sure they aren't going to kick you out or something...

he is being evicted, actually. read between the lines

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Op is trying to make himself look like the victim here but actually he holds most of the cards. If they've been there for a month already they could potentially make the landlords life a living hell, it's pretty difficult to get people evicted nowadays.

Did they sign a sub-let lease that was oked by the landlord? As far as I can tell the lease of the person they were living in ran out and they don't have a leg to stand on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Voltage posted:

Maybe in a big city I guess but that's pretty normal in a lot of places.

quote:

They're almost assuredly doing it to pressure the OP into actually signing a lease.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dad gay. so what posted:

He's practically a squatter.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

dad gay. so what posted:

close, pressure tactic to get us to sign a new lease

According to state law (thanks btw) they're required to give us 24 hours notice.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

who cares? he never signed anything saying he would live there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Darth123123 posted:

He's practically a squatter.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Kumo posted:

According to state law (thanks btw) they're required to give us 24 hours notice.
Then put your foot down and/or sue, if the call/text/email is easy to document as being less than 24 hours notice it's open/shut and you can get some pocket change + make them pay for your lawyer.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

Not really. Where I'm at it would just require thirty days' notice and boom, a sheriff comes to your door. If somebody doesn't have a lease, then it's a question of if they are legally a resident. If they are (like if they're receiving mail there etc) then it's the same as any other eviction. The landlord only needs a specific reason if there's a lease in place that states under what specific conditions you can be thrown out.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I worked 5 years in the apartment industry and saw a couple cases of people whose lease had expired refusing to leave. All the property had to do was evict them since they weren't covered by a lease.

Which is exactly what's gonna happen to the OP if he doesn't lease up, and especially if he rubs em the wrong way.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Suck his dick, op.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
hell, squatters might have more rights

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kumo posted:

close, pressure tactic to get us to sign a new lease

to the person who signed the lease.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

where the gently caress do you live?

Probably not a shithole, I'm trying to find my sister a 3 bedroom place for a year in my neighborhood and have found exactly two places that fit their needs under their $4k budget, $3,500 that already had a pending lease and $3,800.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Not really. Where I'm at it would just require thirty days' notice and boom, a sheriff comes to your door. If somebody doesn't have a lease, then it's a question of if they are legally a resident. If they are (like if they're receiving mail there etc) then it's the same as any other eviction. The landlord only needs a specific reason if there's a lease in place that states under what specific conditions you can be thrown out.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I worked 5 years in the apartment industry and saw a couple cases of people whose lease had expired refusing to leave. All the property had to do was evict them since they weren't covered by a lease.

Which is exactly what's gonna happen to the OP if he doesn't lease up, and especially if he rubs em the wrong way.
It can vary place to place and I only really know about the laws in seattle because of family renting out a home but at least there it's an absolute pain in the rear end to get people kicked out, can be very expensive and time consuming.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Download the schmorky audio and crank that up as you hear them coming

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Reenact the meteor fungus part of Creepshow using sod and a hot glue gun

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol at how dumb everyone in the world is. im assuming everyone in this thread is a millennial, which is another reason for him to be evicted btw. but here is something you will apperently never understand you entitled fucks: people dont want lovely shitheads living in places they own. they arent your parents you dumb shits.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

It can vary place to place and I only really know about the laws in seattle because of family renting out a home but at least there it's an absolute pain in the rear end to get people kicked out, can be very expensive and time consuming.

Like and this is with clear evidence of lease violations, stuff that's easy to document and use in courts

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Get the following supplies:

• 4 cups sugar
• 2 cups water
• a small saucepan
• a wooden spoon
• blue food coloring
• a small, clean glass jar
• a measuring cup
• waxed paper

Optional:
-Batteries
- cold medicine boxes
- lp tank off your grill
- gram scale or even a kitchen scale
- baggies
-your shotgun

Bonus list:
- 70s or 80s Camaro

Use the first list to make some blue rock candy and the second list as props around the kitchen. Borrow the Camaro and park it in the yard.

Or if this would happen to be on/near Ball State campus, you might try to hire legendary death metal band Necrophagus to jam in the living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Jesus loving christ, we HAVE A GODDAMN LEASE

• Locked thread