Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

This show is great!

More please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

We all know that Aqua is a goddess. Will there be a chance to see any of her followers this season?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

As far as I care, she's a former high ranking lieutenant of the big bad and exists via undead power but otherwise tries to keep doing good things and keep a low profile. The whole "powered by the undead" seems to be the only "lichy" thing about her.

By the way, googling "anime lich" is not safe for work but it brings up a lot of fan art for western characters (like Warcraft's Lich King and Adventure Time's Lich) and quarter-dressed "2000 year old but looks 20" monster girlfriends. Female liches are unlikely to be depicted as anything but the latter, I think.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I can't believe they extended the gag for the entire 2nd half of the episode

I can't believe that the jokes started strong and kept getting better

I don't know what to believe anymore

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

just want to chime in that this was a great ending to the season and I want to join the Axis church.

But I'm not gonna go proselytize though.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm Kazuma.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Aqua is my goddess. Praise Aqua.

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Converting to church of Aqua right now, her miracles are real

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I thought she had short hair. I guess all of the closeups of the face just showed the nun habit or sitting down and I made assumptions

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

eris pads her chest

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

I DON'T MIND IF THEY'RE PADDED, THOUGH! :blush:

nsa account spotted

honeypot successful

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

did someone already mention the yun yun nendo?

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/900085174800699392

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

Where's the receptionist route then?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I want to date the prosecutor

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

drilldo squirt posted:

I want the rout with all the animes.

I immediately thought of a konosuba style Total War video game

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

where are the succubus related sidequests

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ranzear posted:

Holy poo poo, I never realized Xanth is as old as Star Wars and still going. I'll still spoiler tag it because the early books aren't that bad. The best book in the series (Demon's Don't Dream) is totally isekai now that I think of it.

It's the coolest thing in the first book of the worst fantasy series ever, because Bink's talent is that he cannot be harmed by magical means, but if someone came to know that they would just run his rear end through with a sword, so it's self-aware enough to prevent magical means of finding out what its nature is as well. So it hides its nature from everyone including Bink (leading to him getting exiled for having no apparent talent.)

Magical death barrier? Happens to get swept underwater through the only gap. Try to polymorph him? A swarm of gnats gets in your way and get transformed instead. I forget other instances because I haven't touched that trash in years.

A luck stat that is self-aware enough to keep things just barely on the rails is such a nice narrative exploit, but I'm sure I'm overthinking it.

there was a companion point-and-click computer adventure game that is based on demons don’t dream.

that is the only exposure to the xanth series that I’ve had or will ever have

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Liver Disaster posted:

My Yunyun is still in her box while the rest of them are on the shelf because I was really busy the day she came in :(

My yunyun was kept in the shipping box she came in for about a week because she arrived right when I was literally walking out the door on a work trip

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if I am transported to another world, my claim to fame will be katsu curry

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

unless they already have katsu curry, in which case I’ll move onto wireless communications or transistors

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

NowonSA posted:

Gonna check it out when it's up there for free since I'm broke like that, but this is as fine a reason as any to rewatch this fine show.

Here’s a guest pass... I’d PM but it doesn’t seem that you have plat so hopefully no one takes it first

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=KCL9WJA9R5P

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Vengarr posted:

She has to touch the liquid to purify it, as long as she drinks without sticking her hand in like a goon, she's fine.

this is probably the case

it’s not like she’s sloshing it in her mouth before drinking it, it goes straight down the hatch

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

NowonSA posted:

Yep no Plat for me, seems like the guest pass worked, or I'm just on free premium time they give to new accounts since I only just signed up for it now, having watched stuff on there without logging in before. Probably the code was effective though since I first got a message saying some of the benefits couldn't be applied, and then after clicking it again it told me it wasn't valid since I was a premium member (different message).

hmm, the pass wasn’t redeemed. I guess I get to bump the guest pass thread!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I feel that it’s mostly slice of life shows that probably wouldn’t get considered for Toonami (although this is coming from when I watched it in the cowboy bebop and big O era).

Flying Witch and Dragon Maid are the two biggest recent examples. Nichijou would probably still be too slow even though it’s pretty funny (it’s also too old).

Konosuba fits the bill of having slapstick comedy and action without being serious at all.

Cells at Work might actually work if they had a good english cast.

anyone want to speculate about Japari Park?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I love how it's just more of the same. Same kind of writing, same kind of jokes, but the animation production value bumped up to insane heights

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Almost forgot:

After the credits were rolling, as my wife and I sat in our seats just chilling for a bit, we could overhear a discussion a row behind us. A couple of people were discussing the....morality of Kazuma considering Megumin as a viable romantic partner. A quote:

"Yeah, she's 13, but that's the age of consent in the land of Konosuba."

Friends, you would not believe how quickly the majority of people remaining in the theater, my party included, decided that was suddenly the best time to leave. Never change, anime fans. Or do. Please do, actually.

I left right as the credits rolled. Please tell me that there weren't any mid-credits or post-credits scenes

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 13, 2019

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Takoluka posted:

Crunchyroll-hime showed up and introduced Subaru as the next member of the Isekai Quartet Cinematic Universe.

that's nice. I don't follow isekai quartet and I don't know who subaru is so it's all good.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Everybody did.

this was probably why I came in right as the movie started and left right as the credits rolled.

immediately went to a bar in walking distance so that I could get a drink and post behind an anonymous internet handle rather than discuss it in person

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Takoluka posted:

this was a joke about marvel movies, so please do not take my post seriously

I didn't, and I appreciate the reference

without spoiling anything, the post credits scene of spiderman homecoming was the funniest thing

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Tyberius posted:

Saw it last night, had a good theater experience (once the guy behind stopped with the "Titties!") and want to chime in it was worth it for the sound system during the climax.

I like going to those fancy ones where you get reclining seats and waiters, only because viewers behave much better (and you can drink), but this was just general admission. Thank goodness that my audience just laughed at the appropriate times and was not otherwise annoying.

I wanted to get a census by sitting in the back but I read the seating chart wrong and sat closer to the front :sweatdrop:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

a kitten posted:

Was there really no home disc release before?
Well, huh.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1237437365527949312?s=19

well crap

as far as I know, Crunchyroll never had the OVAs, right? I guess I'm gonna have to pick up the blu-rays to watch it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rody One Half posted:

Crunchy has the OVAs

oh, you're right. there is a new episode 11 for season 1 and one for season 2!

a blessing from kami-sama!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

copy posted:

hell yeah