Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
uber redesigned their icon for some drat reason and its absolutely insane, not in a good way

let's not make our new logo easy to understand for regular users, because that would be too easy. it's good and funner to make it some curved rear end piece of poo poo.

motherukken BGR says

http://bgr.com/2016/02/06/uber-app-icon-design-travis-kalanick/ posted:

Shedding some light on the matter, a recent Wired article took a deep dive into the design considerations that shaped Uber’s new app icon. And interestingly enough, CEO Travis Kalanick was heavily involved in the entire process. And oh yeah, did we mention that Kalanick has absolutely no design chops to speak of?

this is keystone cops bullshit for a huge company

what kind of glue sniffing mofo is in charge of their brand

hahhahahahhaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

That Robot posted:

And oh yeah, did we mention that Kalanick has absolutely no design chops to speak of?
no but it was implied by this:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the old one i recognize. the new one looks like some generic crap.

code45man
Dec 26, 2013

The firewall will stop it...
He should spin off his own design firm. He's totally a visionary on a quest to change our lives. Or he's got to the meth stash.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
hee shouldn't spin it off, he should pivot uber

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it looks like a sperm fertilizing an egg imho

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

it looks like a sperm fertilizing an egg imho

:gizz:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~

turns out you can make up excuses for any old trash

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

oval office AND PASTE posted:

turns out you can make up excuses for any old trash
http://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
looks like their attemp to try and corner the Chinese market with a logo that looks like the old Chinese coin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_(Chinese_coin)

it basically symbolizes money/wealth in Chinese culture

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

still the best

uber's new logo looks like a cat5 and makes me think they're a networking company or something

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ty for lomarf

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I've never used uber why do people bang on and on about uber?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I've never used uber why do people bang on and on about uber?

it's like a taxi but u don't have to tip

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I never tip anyway

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
it owns in places like detroit where there's zero public transportation and no taxi service to speak of.

i cant count how many times i drove home when i shouldn't have because calling a taxi service would get the "it'll be 2 hours" and then i'd wait 30 minutes then just drive home

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

what about the people mover (which is lomarf in itself)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

uber must be burning through cash hard here in china. they keep doing promotions where its literally the cheapest possible transportation option, cheaper than the bus or the subway or paying to sit on the back of a guy's moped. my friends were going to and from work for literally 20 cents each way for a while.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
i thought for a while they hosed something up and that was the default logo if your app didn't have a properly formatted logo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

never gets old

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in case any of you had any doubts, yes, all this stuff is produced after the fact

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
uber is good for cities that have no/lovely taxi services. but uber in nyc sounds ridiculous because you can fall into the street and 3 taxis will be there already

that being said, it helped me out in New Haven, CT and just outside of Hartford.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

craisins posted:

uber in nyc sounds ridiculous because you can fall into the street and 3 taxis will be there already
/bangs on hood of cab

HEY!! I'm fallin' here!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/bangs on hood of cab

HEY!! I'm fallin' here!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
no beta yospos cucktards who drive for uber itt????

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
i think it looks like a sideways goatse.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
someone post the one that hp quickly disavowed after literally everyone lomarfed at it

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
how long until they cancel this redesign? I'm surprised it wasn't reverted quickly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

That Robot posted:

how long until they cancel this redesign? I'm surprised it wasn't reverted quickly

it's a 3 year ego project micromanaged by the ceo, it's not going anywhere

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

in case any of you had any doubts, yes, all this stuff is produced after the fact

I always assumed this but thanks for the confirmation

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

At least when you're a cj your ceo doesn't normally know enough to have an opinion on your implementation. It must be tough being a designer.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Satellit3 posted:

ty for lomarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lko_j_56S5k

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

jony ive aces posted:

someone post the one that hp quickly disavowed after literally everyone lomarfed at it
 /
////
 /

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

literally came here to post this

That Robot posted:

uber redesigned their icon for some drat reason and its absolutely insane, not in a good way

let's not make our new logo easy to understand for regular users, because that would be too easy. it's good and funner to make it some curved rear end piece of poo poo.

motherukken BGR says

this is keystone cops bullshit for a huge company

what kind of glue sniffing mofo is in charge of their brand

hahhahahahhaa

this is going to be the worst rebranding attempt of 2016, but this is only because logitech already went logi in 2015 without anyone (including themselves) noticing

i mean ffs at least change your website from https://www.logitech.com to https://www.logi.com and remake your logo, for which "we rewrote 'logitech' in a new font after six months" doesn't qualify if you're now called "logi"

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 8, 2016

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqzTmzyMmtU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
chome nomsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006