Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

three posted:

Seahawks entire bandwagon success will be surpassed by the Panthers as of 7pm tomorrow.

Past couple years:
2x Coach of the Year
MVP
DPotY
Super Bowl

three posted:

Seahawks entire bandwagon success will be surpassed by the Panthers as of 7pm tomorrow.

Past couple years:
2x Coach of the Year
MVP
DPotY
Super Bowl

three posted:

Past couple years:
2x Coach of the Year
MVP
DPotY
Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:flashfap:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

WHOOPS posted:

Oh no, no no no. This won't do. No this won't do at all.

Mods, can you please fix this situation? tia

Sorry Mel, it needs to happen

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I sure would be a goddamn idiot to root for the Steelers and not SB50 champs the Denver Broncos

:allears:

Never stop

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Confounding Factor posted:

What the gently caress man, aren't you a Steelers fan?

I've never known Mel to root for the Steelers :confused:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

18/41 265 yards 0TD 1Int truly an MVP performance for the ages.

And don't anybody say his recievers failed him, they did him no favors but he was constantly air mailing passes all game too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

STAIR CAMPING NOOB

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Rabid Snake posted:

Shoutout to @adiekins

Manifique

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c8BZyfKbg

For anybody who wants to roll around in Cam's tears.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Big Jesus posted:

Maybe cam should have spent less time practicing dancing and more time practicing football.

JJ Watt leans back in his leather chair, and nods in satisfaction.

"You can't find sacks on the dance floor," he murmurs to the crackling fire.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bad Caller posted:

honestly the casual racism of good ol' boy peyton manning beating uppity thug cam newton will be the toast of white racist facebooks for a good while

Cam Newton is such a nice guy too :smith:

I'm sure he is but he played for a team that beat mine in the playoffs so gently caress him. gently caress Tom Brady and Matt Ryan too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

NC-17 posted:

An NFL player who volunteers with children?!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/04/24/hernandez_wraps_mind_around_charity_project/

Febreeze posted:

At least you can make Super Bowls on the dance floor

The Super Bowl Shuffle was a team effort

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Alaois posted:

lotta low-key racists jumping up and down giddy itt, they just do it under the guise of making fun of "white progressives"

Is it ok I'm still mad about the Divisional game and that's why I'm happy?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oil of Paris posted:

Agreed. The something awful forums are much like middle earth, as well

Hobbit's are my spirit animal, as they are squabbling little ignorant butterballs, overly concerned with their comforts and looking down on their neighbors for perceived slights.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

little munchkin posted:

Hello everyone, another definitely not racist person checking in to say that the black man is bad for having feelings and also for giving the same exact press conference that every player does after losing a big game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Posts made in earnest fandom will never draw my ire unless your a UW fan then gently caress you your college sucks go Cougs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

will_colorado posted:

Thomas Davis posted a photo of his arm injury:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBg5N8Ci_Fe/

:nms: SWEET JESUS

:stonk: his arm is a literal football

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There are like exactly 3 on this forum and they've all been fine.

uh, three

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Maybe you could go full retard and just drop the n word.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cam cannot fail. Cam can only be failed.

Spoeank posted:

As a fan base... from 1-10 how excited are you guys that you have something better to post than the Sherman gif?

it's 12, the answer is 12

Pretty stoked, but I don't think I dislike Cam anywhere close to how people hate Sherman.

It is a 12 :hawksin:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
People comparing Cam to Marshawn's disdain for the media forget Marshawn doesn't like to talk to anybody about football ever and would rather chat with Japanese reporters about snack foods or Conan O'Brien about being Toad in Mario Cart. Also Marshawn is a running back and Cam is a QB and like it or not QB's are the face of the franchise.

Colin Kaepernick had no problems kissing his bicep to victory but answering questions when he threw the ball away in the Super Bowl.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lessail posted:

I'm not forgetting anything. You excuse the player on your team and go after ones not

Well if we ignore context then yes. gently caress Cam, go Seahawks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You'd think that but :shrug:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chilichimp posted:

Who is comparing Marshawn to Cam?

Marshawn hates talking to the press and doesn't talk to them unless he's forced to. Cam LOVES talking to the press and grins like a jackass up on that podium, building up his image. When something happens that makes him look foolish, he runs and hides... this situation is in no way similar.

Lessail posted:

Now what did you say about marshawn

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cam gave some Marshawn Lynch responses to a bunch of dumb presser questions--these are as a rule all dumb, it's why every member of the Patriots is trained to give a non-answer to 99% of them---and that is already being spun as "Petulant Failure of a Leader Cam Newton." There's no shortage of fragile egos in football.

A Pale Horse posted:

Regarding the Cam chat. He was definitely not good yesterday. His turnovers were responsible for 15 of Denver's points. Whatever else he did, that's the difference in the game right there. I don't really care about him walking out on a bunch of hack sports journos though, who are with few exceptions, terrible quasi-journalist poo poo stirrers. gently caress them and good for him for not sticking around while they tried to stick pins of emotional banality in him. I loved Marshawn for blowing those turds off whenever he could, and it would be hypocritical not to support Cam doing the same even if I don't really like him (only because he plays on the Panthers).

seiferguy posted:

Seattle sports media is really hyping up Cam Newton leaving his press conference early and being all "Hey Russell Wilson never did that :smug: " ignoring the fact that Marshawn Lynch openly stood in defiance to those media events.

I would say Seattle sports media is the worst, but I'm pretty sure this happens in every city.

I would also like to say that Back to the Future 2 quote is my favorite from that movie. Just so hilariously over the top.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^^ Well, I mean, it is still Monday morning on the West Coast.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Here’s the thing: a lot of people are right about Cam being immature, but that criticism is applicable to like basically all white football players in the league who have not gotten the heat for it that Cam does.

Talking about Cam is hard because there is a valid argument somewhere in there, but

1)it's blown completely out of proportion

2) it's layered in so much thinly and not so thinly veiled racism that it’s impossible to talk about in any meaningful way.

Is he immature? Yes, but so are most 26 year old dudes regardless of race, and they don’t also have to deal with a media that would rather make the narrative about a young African American player’s bravado and emotional volatility rather than maybe put the spotlight on the systemic and much more troubling behavior problems amongst players.

That's completely fine, and I heap poo poo on Tom Brady for doing the same. It is difficult to address any of this without having the racial component come to play though I agree.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 8, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
We have a whole thread about what a little crybaby Tom is and it owns

Pron on VHS posted:

Even Cam's tantrums are more explosive and athletic than a white man's

lol,

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sten Freak posted:

Yeah I've been wondering about this today. Don't recall exactly but start of 2nd Q or so (whenever it was, it was early in the game) he looked completely uncomfortable like he was either out of breath, injured or in pain of some kind, or just frustrated.

Maybe it was a combination of all 3. I haven't seen him play much but find it hard to believe it was purely a stamina thing.

Yeah I remember a moment in the 3rd when they showed Cam and he just looked exhausted. Getting poo poo on by Von Miller and Ware will do that to even the strongest of men.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Cam. Like, I try really hard to not be an insufferable Seahawks fan but when somebody hangs that curve am I not supposed to take a swing?

Not swinging at hittable pitches is a Mariners thing

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
No butthole is safe if society breaks down

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Febreeze posted:

also lol you used the term superb owl unironically
The steps we must take to avoid attracting the NFLs digital law sharks leads to some compromise we aren't happy with

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Febreeze posted:

Honestly if he didn't want to get hurt he didn't want to get hurt. But that's kind of weird to hear from a player who played like a champ last year with a loving broken back, and a teammate of a player who had the grossest arm in football after playing with a broken arm.

That comment really just makes me think it was less about his concern over injury and really just him giving up. If you are worried about potential injury on a fumble, in the super bowl, with the game on the line, after an entire year of vicious hits in a game of vicious hits...you have given up. The Broncos totally broke Cam. Criticize Cam all you want but he's always been a competitor happy to throw himself into the fray so for him to be afraid of injury really speaks to his mental state at the time.

But the bottom line is he had a day to think of a good response and he used the worst option, his critics are going to eat him alive for that.

I think of all options he had, this might have been the worst he could have... Chosen :smugbird:

RBX posted:

Who cares. All this piling on is already old

My fellow goon, we haven't even created an entire thread to dump on Cam yet.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Apparently there was a "super fan" on one of the fire trucks with a rope around the neck of a Cam Newton doll :waycool:

Nothing wrong with stinging up a large black man in effigy :stare:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

I want to punch you

I agree, somebody who uses WHIP should be punched.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Fuckin' casuals, mirite mate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Pizza Hut lover.

Unforgivable.

• Locked thread