Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
did you peak in high school?
Yes (please describe)
No (please describe)
View Results

• Locked thread
herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
in high school i was preoccupied with the notion of having the best couple years possible and this burden created deep depression within myself as we are subject to the tides of life around us and not just our own whims and as such this curse of want we curate within ourselves leaves us forever divorced from fulfillment and it took many years and a breakdown later to come to the conclusion that we are all the same person at different points in the convoluted flow of time and perhaps it is not only unimportant how we compare to others, but also how happy we are in general as maybe our trials and tribulations are a form of penance and truth-seeking that we must endure time and time again in many forms and degrees of severity as the wheel called samsara turns and we inch closer towards an equilibrium so that we may know nirvana and perhaps to exist is to forever be cresting your peak until the long climb courses the path of truth and culminates in eternal harmony. namaste~

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
tldr nameste enjoy ur ride

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
No, not at all, but I guess I did sort of set the stage for the next decade of my life in high school since it was during sophomore year that I started smoking crystal. Oh, the things I learned in those care-free days. I would say right now is definitely a high point in my life since im gainfully employed in a decent job and I'm not addicted to narcotics. Actually, I like my life! It sounds crazy, I know, but it's true.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
You'd be amazed the simple things I gain enjoyment from just because there was a time when the ONLY thing I got enjoyment from was putting a needle in my arm. I'm happy just eating a loving cheeseburger on my lunch hour. Happy as hell.

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I peaked shortly after with best/coolest job of my life that I was super passionate about and good at in the military and an attractive and fairly cool wife

left the military divorced over stupid 20something bullshit and all downhill from there! I'm 37 and my only interesting stories start "back in my early 20s..."

i have mountains of regret and fantasize about having it all to do over again and not take for granted. :smith:

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Otisburg posted:

I peaked shortly after best/coolest job of my life in the military and an attractive and fairly cool wife

left the military divorced over stupid 20something bullshit and all downhill from there!

i have mountains of regret and fantasize about having it all to do over again and not take for granted. :smith:

without making the mistakes you have made, you would never have developed the wisdom to know regret or appreciate the simple pleasures in what you had~

Jim Barris posted:

Actually, I like my life!

just loving lmao if true

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Prude posted:

without making the mistakes you have made, you would never have developed the wisdom to know regret or appreciate the simple pleasures in what you had~

fun story i once left her in literal tears feeling neglected to go play smash bros with college pals.

at the time we divorced i thought she was the jerk, but in the fullness of time i reflected on little vignettes like that, and have realized that i was a completely thoughtless goon!

now i have all the time in the world to play smash bros with those pals, only they moved all over the world and have fulfilling lives and families and such. :smithicide:

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
womyn in mans body

man in womyns body

im down

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Prude posted:

just loving lmao if true
That's pretty mean-spirited of you to say that. It doesn't surprise me though half the people on the internet seem to delight in casual malice.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Otisburg posted:

fun story i once left her in literal tears feeling neglected to go play smash bros with college pals.

at the time we divorced i thought she was the jerk, but in the fullness of time i reflected on little vignettes like that, and have realized that i was a completely thoughtless goon!

now i have all the time in the world to play smash bros with those pals, only they moved all over the world and have fulfilling lives and families and such. :smithicide:

it sounds like perhaps you've properly gone your own way, like some kind of man

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Prude posted:

it sounds like perhaps you've properly gone your own way, like some kind of man

indeed.

the grapes that i threw on the ground like a idiot were sour feeemale grapes anyway.

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
can someone just give rufus and non etc a huge budget

to PARTY LIKE CRAZY PPL

and a sick car

highly unique :p

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I definitely peaked in highschool.

If you are over 40 they probably taught you a certain clunky old trigonometry formula in high school.

If you are under 40, you probably learned the simpler, more optimised version that I came up with in 1984 when I was 12.

Then I did a lot of drugs. I don't even remember what the formula was for anymore, it's one of the scalene triangle ones.

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
cant help but say im impressed as always

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cant imagine how lovely your life would be if you peaked at high school age

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
my life peaked on the playground

or just hasnt ever peaked =)

i dont think i have peak experiences like u guys

i get adrenal rushes or hulk angry or this other thing

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
o right ppl want the forumla

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Every day is better than the last. Life is pretty great!

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
hope so

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i feel like im coming up on the peak any day now

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

thathonkey posted:

i feel like im coming up on the peak any day now

come up on this peak *crotch chop*

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My live has been a slow gradual incline upwards, but it is so shallow that to any outside observer it might as well be a straight horizontal line.

The upside is when the slow gradual decline hits I probably won't even notice.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Hobelhouse posted:

No, you're just highly aromatic

oh wow that was good

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Prude posted:

in high school i was preoccupied with the notion of having the best couple years possible and this burden created deep depression within myself as we are subject to the tides of life around us and not just our own whims and as such this curse of want we curate within ourselves leaves us forever divorced from fulfillment and it took many years and a breakdown later to come to the conclusion that we are all the same person at different points in the convoluted flow of time and perhaps it is not only unimportant how we compare to others, but also how happy we are in general as maybe our trials and tribulations are a form of penance and truth-seeking that we must endure time and time again in many forms and degrees of severity as the wheel called samsara turns and we inch closer towards an equilibrium so that we may know nirvana and perhaps to exist is to forever be cresting your peak until the long climb courses the path of truth and culminates in eternal harmony. namaste~

actually i have found tryin 2 live ur life as if each moment was itself to be an infinity is p tops, u should maybe try it?

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Best Giraffe posted:

actually i have found tryin 2 live ur life as if each moment was itself to be an infinity is p tops, u should maybe try it?

yeah this sounds like real good advice if u spend a lot of time in bathhouses or cant shut up about ur fancy condo or something maybe lmao

nah but for real my overall life satisfaction is like a constant seismograph readout that moment to moment gauges how many of these i have in my mouth during any given quanta of time

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't but it has to be terribly embarrassing and depressing to honestly answer yes to this question. I know there are people that did and its not a pretty sight.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I didn't peak but I certainly climaxed a lot in high school

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
gently caress no, I have a career, wife, kids, dog, and house now.

In High School I didn't have any of those. gently caress High School.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
High school was fun af

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

i always picture goons with sports avatars as patton oswalt in the movie "big fan" so this sounds legit.

Hey man you don't know me

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I WAS A BASKETBALL HERO EVERYONE LOVED ME I WAS PHYSICALLY FIT I HAD HAIR AND THE WOMEN ALL THE WOMEN I COULD HANDLE
THEN I WENT TO WORK FOR A COLLEGE NERD AND THE ENVY I HAD FOR HIS COLLEGE EDUCATED LIFESTYLE GAVE ME STRESS AND MADE ME BALD AND FAT
OH WHY WASNT I NICER TO GEEKS AND NERDS IN HIGHSCHOOL IF ONLY I UNDERSTOOD THE FRIENDSHIP OF PONIES AND STUDIED HARD THEN THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I peaked and never came down. True story

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Jim Barris posted:

That's pretty mean-spirited of you to say that. It doesn't surprise me though half the people on the internet seem to delight in casual malice.

I hope you poop ur pants

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How does peaking in high school work? Like if your life isn't working out, why don't you do something about it?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How does peaking in high school work? Like if your life isn't working out, why don't you do something about it?

You knock your highschool sweetheart up and get a DUI the night you graduate, precluding you from bettering yourself. Something like that

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Nah I peaked in the military which is way sadder

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

High school was fun af
senior year is the only year of high school that i remember fondly but boy howdy was it fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Prude posted:

yeah this sounds like real good advice if u spend a lot of time in bathhouses or cant shut up about ur fancy condo or something maybe lmao

Are you calling me a human being or specifically a fancy trust fund human being cuz only one of those fits???

• Locked thread