Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

So far over half of the people in the game seem insufferable.

Good thing this promises to be a season that subjects castaways to extreme pain and misery :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DurosKlav posted:

These people are stupid. How is this even close?! Alecia is pure dead weight.
Yeah, that's exactly my thinking.

Jenny: Alecia, get the loving pieces!!

at camp
Scot: Just don't act sketchy Alecia, you're fine.
Alecia: I didn't say I have an idol, didn't say I don't!

I'm feeling pretty confident people are gonna flip and boot her now that Darnell survived the first round of the vote.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The bounty hunter looks exactly like this annoying 1-upper midget I work with. Down to the beard, gauges, tattoos and annoying personality. Cracks me up

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This tribe is terrible.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Really?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This is a pretty bad move to start the game off

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Bad vote IMO. Blondie ain't gonna do poo poo.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Brawn is the new Brains tribe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't understand that at all. Who was the person who went Alecia, then back to Darnell?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Idiots......

Like wow

I'm sure you Mr NBA dude never bobbled a pass or shot or some poo poo. They were so focused on the dumbest thing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Who could have predicted the brawn tribe wouldn't make smart decisions???

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't understand that at all. Who was the person who went Alecia, then back to Darnell?

All of them went to Darnell or we would have seen the Alicia vote first.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow, didn't see that coming. Just seems like they wanted to punish him for a gently caress-up instead of keep the tribe strong. That or Darnell was really anti-social around camp.

edit: Oh wow, I thought Jenny had definitely voted Alecia. I guess the bounty hunter dude did because he thought she/others were, and then announced he was changing his vote back so everyone knew Darnell was done right there.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 18, 2016

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Preview spoiler: Debbie is doomed.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
The preview, "You tried to kiss me!"

:lol:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Also, I really thought the bug in the ear was going to turn out to be water or something. But that thing was legit trying to burrow into her ear canal. Jesus.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Haha, that preview!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They might have been trying to undercut Cydney with the Darnell vote, since he seemed pretty glued to her.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

That preview though, hahahaha.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I guess Caleb gets to be the Jezebel this season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shakugan posted:

Also, I really thought the bug in the ear was going to turn out to be water or something. But that thing was legit trying to burrow into her ear canal. Jesus.

I was wondering why they didn't just flush the ear with water or something.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Much like Cagayan, I hate the Brawn tribe, but at least this time they're a mess. Cydney and Jennifer don't have backbones to push their opinions on Tall Tats and Mini Tats. Alecia is hilariously inept. Any time we get scenes from this camp in the future I want Jennifer tweaking out in the background.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
That earworm crawled out because it had laid eggs. Which will hatch in a few days and the larvae will burrow down into Jennifer's brain bwahaha. :science:

Fast Luck posted:

Wow, didn't see that coming. Just seems like they wanted to punish him for a gently caress-up instead of keep the tribe strong. That or Darnell was really anti-social around camp.

edit: Oh wow, I thought Jenny had definitely voted Alecia. I guess the bounty hunter dude did because he thought she/others were, and then announced he was changing his vote back so everyone knew Darnell was done right there.

Didn't matter, Darnell was not going far, didn't even know Rule Number One: Do not volunteer!
Especially when you have never done it before. :derp:

Hopes for Debbi were crushed this episode. Hope she learns to shut up and play the game, fast.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 18, 2016

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I changed my mind on Alecia staying in, she has huge potential as a hilarious trainwreck.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
On a random note, Nick's head is way too small for his body and it's distracting me. I hope he loses soon.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Debbie is, in fact, the new Coach.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Lot of not being able to decide in this episode. Can't figure out whether it's Jason or Kyle, Alecia or Blondie, or what occupation Debbie has. I'm pretty sure Debbie's listed job changed like 3 times.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Debbie's listed job changing over and over again was fantastic and subtle. I would love to see her and Tai go far.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Codependent Poster posted:

Do they really just go poo poo in the ocean?

Noticed this reading back: Kass has specifically said that she felt bad for any women in one-pieces on the show because pretty much everyone apparently does that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

curiousCat posted:

Debbie's listed job changing over and over again was fantastic and subtle. I would love to see her and Tai go far.

What did it change between?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

curiousCat posted:

Noticed this reading back: Kass has specifically said that she felt bad for any women in one-pieces on the show because pretty much everyone apparently does that.

I remember Colby saying he poo poo like once or twice in the first 20 something days of Australia so it isn't that big of an inconvenience as long as you don't get dysentery.

E: and oh my god the ear worm had me squirming

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Alicia would've been the better vote. She strikes me as the conniving type, whereas Darnell seemed like a straight up good dude who would've made a better teammate going forward. Then again, he equally seems like somebody who would physically break down sooner than later.

Debbie grated on me at first and is clearly nuts, but she could end up being one of the better personalities on the show.

The earworm bit was brutal. How long were they going to let her endure that before sending in a guy to just...like...look in her ear?

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 18, 2016

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Dude gets recorded making GBS threads in the ocean and then gets booted. Brutal.

Ear bug is one of the grossest things I've ever seen on this show.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SteveVizsla posted:

Where the gently caress is everyone tonight? 40 minutes in and we've managed half a page.

I have pinball league every Wednesday for at least the next six weeks, I have to catch a recording when I get home.

Nearly everyone so far this season is either terrible or insufferable. Only ones I'm liking as a character and as a potential winner are Jenny (Earworm) and Anna (Poker).

Propaganda Machine posted:

I was wondering why they didn't just flush the ear with water or something.

Wouldn't it burrow further in to avoid the water?

Terry Glenn posted:

Debbie is, in fact, the new Coach.

Or Shirin.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What a dumb first boot. Yeah he made a mistake, but it was a split second one in a stressful moment and he recovered as best he could. Meanwhile Alecia was useless during the whole challenge, especially the puzzle which if she had switched out faster they would have won, she was useless at camp, and she was too schemey. What were they thinking?

Also I'm scared about the edit Caleb got in this episode, with the talking about his heroic past and the music swells. It reminds me of Mike having something similar. I really don't like Caleb, so I hope I'm wrong about that.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Redondo Beach pretty boy is going to be an insufferable twat, I just feel it.
Tai guy is pretty funny but not long for this Survivor world.
Debbie is going to Lil herself right out of the game.

Saving Alisha was a stupid move.
The body builder chick is loving jacked and now a bit scorned since Darnell walked the plank.

Also, no earworm.gif or earworm.webm?
I remember when Survivor threads were cool! :)

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
any season's going to be a disappointment after Cambodia, but this was fine. The bug in the ear scene was effectively unsettling, and the tribal council was...fascinating, if baffling (what was with that editing?).

Amazing: Tai, Aubry (recovered from heat-induced anxiety to deliver her tribe the win), Jenny, Alecia (in an ironic, LOOK AT THIS IDIOT way), Debbie, Scot (I'm surprised how charismatic he was, as his video and bio were boring).

I also kinda like Michele, but I need to see more from her.

GO AWAY: Caleb, Nick, Peter, Anna (not for anything on the show, but irl she's a Trump supporter and an anti-vaxxer).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So far I'm really impressed with the Beauty tribe. I'm only half way in but I like the personalities so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How do you not vote out Alicia in that situation? HOW?!

Anna and Julia are both hot as hell, Beauty is beautiful.

Bugs crawling into your brain :gonk:

• Locked thread