Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
will special edition ever be a thing again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i've seen a lot of this meme poo poo, is there any actual backing to these MEME ALLEGATIONS or is it just FE fans being FE fans and running off with some bad/purposefully-wrong information again

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i hope they didn't change "just be you, foleo" and "my name is anna not anna" stuff

but i hope they added these memes everywhere to bother people

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

sinister camila

ps belka better ask if love can bloom on the battlefield

i'll be loving pissed

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I hope the next FE game has kids but it's done by a time skip that isn't revealed until release so people are playing around with their anime babes and suddenly they're all old

but you're not old because you're still a dragon or something cuz otherwise you'd be an old waifuing the kids and that's hella weird

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

For some reason, a bunch of people got review copies for no real reason other than that they asked so here's the english version of Azura's dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEe5A9WRLks

"birthright and love" vs "conquest and fate"

game is FE fate

conquest confirmed canon route

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Motto posted:

canon my balls

birthright confirmed to be a bitch rear end dating sim mode

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

New thread title

dunno, waifu would probably get more hits

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

no it's from blowing your waifu

keep up

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

half of these are comedy gold

like izana's

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So uh, this is going to sound stupid most likely but can someone tell me why Treehouse felt the need to take so much out of the game? Like I didn't mind the soldier petting thing because I don't care about it personally but how come

-Swimsuits are completely gone
-Some characters are completely rewritten
-Names of stuff like Peg. Knights are just randomly changed despite not needing it
-Scene's have been shortened for no real reason (From what I've heard it was a bunch of proposing stuff?)
-Apparently mishandled voice direction

Like I'm not going to can my preorder but seeing this and a lot of other smaller things getting removed I'm actually getting kinda frustrated with how it's being handled.

they didn't fyi

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

looking at the voices and general character translations I've come to the realization that all the dudes actually own bones this time around

what a world!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Aaaah.

Chapter ten on Hoshido, which is more annoying then difficult. Rinkah dies, Rinkah has been a wet blanket up to this point though I am not entirely unconvinced this is because the early game has ninjas out the wazoo, which hurt your clubbin' aspirations. I don't care, eat the murdered bench. Get nearly all the way through and the extremely reliable Kaze eats a 3% crit on a 28% hit.

i loving hate ninjas

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ruggington posted:

fathering sophie is the only thing you've done that hasn't disappointed me

grats silas

I like how in everyone's trip report Silas is either beast mode or trash.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

hoshido has guard naginatas

when because hinoka is soloing her side of the map and I want oboro to do so, too

I mean, she already does but I want her to do it safely

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Looper posted:

fates is three times the game por is, by my estimate

technically speaking, it's three games

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

theshim posted:

I'm trapped in ninja caltrop hell

send help

I got through it. It was hard. People died.

I pushed out to clear the first area, letting Hinoka gib the archer assholes before they gibbed her, then threw people at the first wall until I could sit tight there and wait for the half map of dudes to come wandering over. Your cool samurai are use-impaired because hidden weapons have advantage over swords, which is kind of a problem because only rinka doesn't use swords and she's baaaad. (Trip report; afterwards I turned her into a dreadknight and she was, in fact, p nice) Just keep everyone as healed up as possible; I only took Sakura in and she went entirely through a fresh rod and got all the dances that map, even with all the samurai+silas half dead but paired up with someone.

Use Takumi frequently, he can one hit everyone. Oboro was the MVP for the map for me, otherwise. I sat Hinoka and Takumi by the reinforcement dispenser after I got through the aggressive units, it's pretty much a cakewalk after that initial "Half the map is gunning for you and they're all ranged assholes!" hurdle.

Other people recommend just sitting at spawn flat out and hanging out in the trees, which also might be effective. Caltrops aren't a big deal tho they do 1-2 damage and you can probably clear the enemies out of that area before you even trigger it, barring the first one.

I don't appreciate how many loving ninja there are in hoshido's early game

i've had it up to here with ninjas

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

theshim posted:

I'm on Conquest.

:nutshot:

oh, well, hoshido also has ninja caltrop hell that may in fact be both more hell and more ninja then your's

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The next Fire Emblem should be made by western dudes.

It will be just as anime but we can make it American and probably add ak-47s to the weapon triangle

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

"Elise, when are you going to act like the adult you technically are?"

....Jesus christ.

"Of age, but still acts childish" is how i take that line tbh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

potaties posted:

Ending question:
It asked me to select 5 units post-credits. What was that about?

end of pokemon

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Wow I actually don't know if I like the multiplayer aspect at all

It's cool as hell sure but being able to wander into someone's crib and see how good a character could be is demoralizing

"Alright, let's raid this place of same level people wtf I just got stopped in my tracks by a Felicia who counterattacked straight up everyone for more damage and Rinka who was both good as a tank and murderer with a loving throwing club of all things"

My Jacob and Rinka; benched for being trash.

wtfff

(I mean I still won the battle because Hinoka, last woman standing, just booked it to the throne and welp.)

edit:

Kanos posted:

Takumi is absolutely loving broken even without the Fujin Yumi, the Fujin Yumi just completes it. Dude regularly has 80-90% hit rates against enemies with goddamn Bowbreaker.

Funnily enough in re:castle run my Takumi also didn't hit anyone. :v: Castles are weird.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 26, 2016

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wocobob posted:

I figure this is the best place to ask this:

I've been thinking about picking up a 3DS FE game after I finish dragging my way through 6, but I'm not sure which to get, and I might as well make the decision while Fates still has the Prime discount on Amazon. Should I go for Awakening? Would Conquest be too soul-crushing after my soul finishes getting crushed by Roy's level ups? Which one has the best characters, since Alan/Lance/Lot/Axe Man 2 Whose Name I Forget are getting a little old?

I missed this, but; Fates is a much better designed game then Awakening. Which has a better story/characters is a toss up, but the game itself is so much better and consistent. Awakening has a habit of having a difficult early game that you then snowball out of control on, regardless of the difficulty. With shittier maps and annoying mechanics like enemy reinforcements, which you have no warning for, moving on the same turn they come in and potentially promptly a reset because someone got gibbed.

Fates is also three games in its own right, even if you have to buy each one.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

in that case make sakura an onmyouji

you only need so many bows

disagree

i have forgotten my wizards because I have so many bows

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm starting to really dislike Hana as a unit, perhaps extending that to Samurai in general.

The overall nerfs to both hp and avoid in Fates mean that it's pretty much impossible to tank even axe hits on the defense due to her abysmally low def, which relegates her to being essentially a melee archer that both does less damage and has to be coddled even harder because she can't sit in the back. It's really frustrating.

so

she's a myrmidon, then

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Looper posted:

also to the people who get on xander's case for lying to you about your family, ryoma knows you're not actually related too

Hey, everyone was super bummed that what was literally their step mom kicked the bucket, as far as he's concerned you might as well be.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

17 cleared. I realize as I'm counting the chapters down Conquest is probably not going to have any playable girl as beautiful as Hana in it :(

My Hana died. She's loving dead, Volt. She died with both Orochi and Silas on the same god drat map after Camila said "hey I'm not actually immobile HELLO SILAS" from across the river.

She died with two people who were showing up trash.

Because your waifu was trash, Volt.

I hope this makes you happy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I think she's already one tbh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Apparently Severa/Selena gets Anna's Bow as a default equip in the beach scramble DLC.

She's also a redhead who's really invested in money (to shop)

Next FE better her grumpily helping out in grandma Anna's secret shop as a cameo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

After a constant barrage of insane blockade of enemies with huge stats and enfeeble/entrap for days, I almost forgot what game I was playing when I did Kana's paralogue. Oh my god, the feeling to just mash buttons and kill things without worrying about bullshit is whiplashy.

My Kana was actually rather hard for some reason. Mostly because I didn't have enough units who could face tank each of the three initial enemy groups while also setting up my SWARM OF ARCHERS to get some chicken wings before they rushed down Sakura or something rude.

For fucks sake my only two tanky people are Oboro and Rinkah, everyone else turned out to be baaad. It makes things complicated.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm excited for this because Birthright was already just about the worst story of any Fire Emblem game I've played. FE11 might be worse I don't really remember too well and Birthright is fresh in my mind.

Fortunately I don't really care because the gameplay is pretty much the best it's ever been. Supports are a mixed bag as always, but there are some fun characters.

Here's my list of my favorite birthright characters:

Hana
Setsuna
Orochi
Silas
Azama
Jakob
Mozu

no oboro wtf

wtttffff

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The only thing you need magic for in Hoshido is generals, really, but you get early armor-killer weapons for swords and hidden weapons so even then it's not really an issue.

Tho my archer Mozu is still, uh, managing to do more damage with a regular loving iron bow holy gently caress Mozu settle down, archer team of Takumi, Setsuna Mozu backed by ninja Kaze and Kagero who are all powerful dudes just ensures anyone without a ranged attack get so hosed.

Bad writing chat; I'm disappointed the game is pretty flaky, though Awakening wasn't much better once you picked up Lucina. "Oh no an invading army LET'S GO TEAM" for ten chapters, Grangel and Emm had style Walhart was out classed my 'stache man smh

But most of all I am going to be disappointed when Relevations comes out properly, I don't think it'll compare whatsoever to watching that dude who hacked the japanese version early live post about it and try to figure out wtf was going on in Japanese.

NO SIRE killed me, but it won't be the same.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

hint: takumi is possessed by a demon and once azura unpossesses him in birthright he loses like 95% of his bite and shittiness

wrong, he only gets possessed when he falls in a endless ditch afterwards. He just get humbled and chills.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

I feel like this every day I can relate to oboro

oboro owns because you think she's just gonna be some "murder all nohr" bot but no she's pretty chill and actually really good with clothes and being a merchant and helping out the army and taking care of everyone as team mom but nohr assassins killed her parents and she gets nightmares about it still and "gently caress nohr!!!" but she can chill out with your actual nohr friends and p much all her supports are, in fact, the best.

She weirdly might be the most well-rounded character, which is especially weird cuz she's just some lady.

I've head the general gist of Niles and Oboro's s-rank which owns even harder

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fire Emblem to me is when your guys get so good that they can murder enemies outright just fine, but that means that come the enemy phase one unit is just chewing through the entire enemy army that can run at you and JESUS CHRIST STOP CRITTING AND WINNING LET HIM LIVE PLEASE NO MORE-

death by chip, reset

smh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please don't make Severa cheat on her wife.

sorry severa cheats with camila regardless

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Oboro is best, so stylish.

If you wanted to, could you just burn two heart seals to jump to another tree, pick up the skills automatically and then jump right back? Or really, any seal shenanigans that aren't master.

edit: people thing kagero was actually going to be the royal but it was infact oboro who was azura so you could have her forever

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Wait.

if you don't recruit takumi what happens with the rest of the story

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

no

gently caress you, rainbow sage. Birthright 19 is rude as gently caress when you DON'T HAVE ANY WIZARDS but sakura who has terrible aim

THIS HASN'T BEEN A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW and i kinda doubt it will be again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

you should have some magic weapons

weirdly all of like, two units that aren't sakura have magic over 3 so that wouldn't really work out

I mean I still did the map on my first go through but it was slow going and extremely inconsiderate of intsys

and sakura also got forcefed all my skill items afterwards

• Locked thread