Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Between ISIS and those hillbillies up in Oregon, I have made the decision to educate myself on the ancient art of home defense. Let's just pretend I'm too mentally unstable to purchase firearms. What are my options for home defense?

I'm thinking of starting off with a Katana. It works in all of those Cowboy Samurai animes, so why not in my house?

Please let me know all of your home defense tips or instructional videos. Here's my favorite so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I start farting when I get nervous

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

you can protect your most precious anime waifu figurine by putting it in your butt and keeping it there

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
give away all of your earthly possessions then kill you're self. :yeah:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
put a beware of dog sign on tje door and if someone breaks in start barking and peeing

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

just make a lot of traps like in the home alone movies

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
avoid being killed by killing yourself

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Become homeless

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Panniculus Rift posted:

just make a lot of traps like in the home alone movies

I tried that but now my slippers are stuck on the second and third step

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
You just have to play the last of us, Joel shows you super cool tricks to kill people.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
the home is where the heart is :blush:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I found a youtube video where a guy puts shotgun shells on the end of an arrow. I think he's on to something.

e: nvm he killed hisself

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
an attractive woman who makes eye contact in every room of the house

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

an attractive woman who makes eye contact in every room of the house

gently caress, i have to live here. I want a safe home, not a house of horrors

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Your personality seems repulsive enough; why not play to your strengths?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Your personality seems repulsive enough; why not play to your strengths?

Ah i see. I will tell my home health aide to stop bathing me.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ChrisHansen posted:

I said your personality, not your physical appearance. Are you illiterate as well?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Smear naked self with Crisco, wrastle any intruders/guests into ball sucking submission

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

ChrisHansen posted:

you only have one? you need to get at least one more, then maybe your aides alone will be enough to keep people away

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Never heard of home defense, but if it plays out like other related games, you just gotta spend all your money building the best turrets you have unlocked all over the place to keep the bad guys from getting into your house. hth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Enfield posted:

put a beware of cat sign on tje door and if you get an erection crawl out of the room while meowing

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Wear an explosive vest at all times so if someone tries to rape you they'll be sorry!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Wow you guys are in bad shape when the global markets crash/nuclear winter/polar shift happens!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ChrisHansen posted:

Between ISIS and those hillbillies up in Oregon, I have made the decision to educate myself on the ancient art of home defense. Let's just pretend I'm too mentally unstable to purchase firearms. What are my options for home defense?

I'm thinking of starting off with a Katana. It works in all of those Cowboy Samurai animes, so why not in my house?

Please let me know all of your home defense tips or instructional videos. Here's my favorite so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM

katana vs burger technique

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i put a piece of chheese in the living room and if a bad guy tries to eat it a big blue cage falls on him

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ChrisHansen posted:

Wow you guys are in bad shape when the global markets crash/nuclear winter/polar shift happens!

I live on a chicken farm with a spring that generates unlimited fresh water ill be okay

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Found some tips on buying knives online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7y6ZZCBUs

this fat guy is a font of knowledge

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I theres lots of guns here but i think ultimately id be trading them for cigarettes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
go into detail about why you love some anime and hate others to anyone who enters your home.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Goons should ensure that their guns and ammunition are kept in a safe container* at all times.

*The container must be of a rigid structure, made of either solid steel or solid timber;
  • Rigid structure refers to the strength of the container and the use of reasonable force to the sides or top of the container should not result in deflections of the panel or the container
  • The term solid, requires that the container panels are continuous (eg without venting/holes or perforation)
  • The container must be either steel (aluminium/alloys are not compliant) or solid timber. Species of timber or structural and marine ply are compliant. Chipboard, particle board, MDF and plaster board are not compliant.
  • If the container used for storing these firearms weighs less than 150kg, it must be securely fixed to the frame or floor of a permanent building;
  • The container must have a sturdy combination lock, keyed lock or keyed padlock;
  • The container must be locked other than for the time to remove/replace firearms; and
  • Firearms must be unloaded and the bolt must be removed or action broken for storage. The bolt is a major component part and is subject to same storage requirements as the firearm and can be stored with the firearm.

Ammunition must be stored in a secure container or secured area that is separate from the container that holds the firearms; for example a gun safe with an internal secured area for the ammunition

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Zazi posted:

Goons should ensure that their guns and ammunition are kept in a safe container* at all times.

*The container must be of a rigid structure, made of either solid steel or solid timber;
  • Rigid structure refers to the strength of the container and the use of reasonable force to the sides or top of the container should not result in deflections of the panel or the container
  • The term solid, requires that the container panels are continuous (eg without venting/holes or perforation)
  • The container must be either steel (aluminium/alloys are not compliant) or solid timber. Species of timber or structural and marine ply are compliant. Chipboard, particle board, MDF and plaster board are not compliant.
  • If the container used for storing these firearms weighs less than 150kg, it must be securely fixed to the frame or floor of a permanent building;
  • The container must have a sturdy combination lock, keyed lock or keyed padlock;
  • The container must be locked other than for the time to remove/replace firearms; and
  • Firearms must be unloaded and the bolt must be removed or action broken for storage. The bolt is a major component part and is subject to same storage requirements as the firearm and can be stored with the firearm.

Ammunition must be stored in a secure container or secured area that is separate from the container that holds the firearms; for example a gun safe with an internal secured area for the ammunition

Do these containers drop from world bosses?

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

ChrisHansen posted:

Do these containers drop from world bosses?

In a sense, yes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Zazi posted:

Haha Australia amiright goons!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
strategically speaking, a basement can be fortified easier than most parts of the standard house so goons are already at an advantage

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Build your home like an vast insane maze to trap both the living and the dead for all eternity.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

i show them my Something Awful rap sheet to make them realize what a bad dude i am

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

various cheeses posted:

Build your home like an vast insane maze to trap both the living and the dead for all eternity.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'm always home and I'm always naked.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

i show them my Something Awful rap sheet to make them realize what a bad dude i am

'yup bayby, the legends are all true, certified bad frogger, this probation right here - that's from a "piled high" back in 2014, see that ban? that's from when I went in with a "melt the cheese" with no regard for my own safety'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
String piano wire across your door so that when intruders try to step through they get sliced up like a hard-boiled egg. Only enter and exit your home through the basement crawlspace.

• Locked thread