Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Register your house as a Radio Shack and no one will ever bother showing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If the intruder is already in your home, flood your house with a liquid that turns to gelatin within a few seconds of coming into contact with air he will be trapped!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

If the intruder is already in your home, flood your house with a liquid that turns to gelatin within a few seconds of coming into contact with air he will be trapped!

This was one of my favorite ways to die in Space Quest 3

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

This was one of my favorite ways to die in Space Quest 3

lol there was something like that in SQ? I really gotta get around to playing that series.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
go down as many flights of stairs possible and don't stop eating until you're dead

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

lol there was something like that in SQ? I really gotta get around to playing that series.

Yeah, you go in the a cubicle farm to steal a key card so you cans top them from making a rip off space quest game and if you get caught by security they encapsulate you in Jello and you suffocate

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, you go in the a cubicle farm to steal a key card so you cans top them from making a rip off space quest game and if you get caught by security they encapsulate you in Jello and you suffocate

Cool I'll keep an eye out for it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Rig your front hall with the laser grid system from Resident Evil.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Have your home declared a Jehova's Witness Temple

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Register your house as a Radio Shack and no one will ever bother showing up

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Buy the ZF-1 from Fifth Element and keep it under your bed.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Live in a decent neighborhood where it's so peaceful your crazy conservative neighbors actually PRAY that someone tries to rob them, as they want to feel validated for spending $3500 on a lovely AR with a poo poo ton of unnecessary attachments

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Eat so much strawberry sorbet that you start making GBS threads undigested strawberry sorbet. Offer a bowl of strawberry sorbet poo poo to the intruder and chuckle to yourself when he unwittingly eats your poo poo.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Rig your front hall with the laser grid system from Resident Evil.

Why didn't that lady duck underneath that slow-rear end laser?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doc Friday posted:

Why didn't that lady duck underneath that slow-rear end laser?

A better question is why the laser hallway doesn't just start with the un-dodgeable grid.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

A better question is why the laser hallway doesn't just start with the un-dodgeable grid.

Well, I reckon that they only had enough money for the one laser.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

ChrisHansen posted:

Found some tips on buying knives online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7y6ZZCBUs

this fat guy is a font of knowledge

I don't think this guy's ever going to find any 'tang, if you know what I mean.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ChrisHansen posted:

Between ISIS and those hillbillies up in Oregon, I have made the decision to educate myself on the ancient art of home defense. Let's just pretend I'm too mentally unstable to purchase firearms. What are my options for home defense?

I'm thinking of starting off with a Katana. It works in all of those Cowboy Samurai animes, so why not in my house?

Please let me know all of your home defense tips or instructional videos. Here's my favorite so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM

if you actually own a functional katana, and actually know kenjutsu, then whatever, I guess there's no reason you can't use it to ward off someone who breaks into your apartment

but I like how the guy in this video is thinking this far ahead when he clearly has greater concerns. where does "move, occasionally, so as to not accumulate excess folds like a pregnant bear" fit into his self-defence preparedness agenda?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Become a crime lord and every other criminal will know better than to f with your s

ChrisHansen posted:

Found some tips on buying knives online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7y6ZZCBUs

this fat guy is a font of knowledge

It linked to this, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKef46f148I

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 12, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doc Friday posted:

Well, I reckon that they only had enough money for the one laser.

But they had enough money for a sequence of lasers of increasing difficulty up to the final obstacle which was a laser mesh that is impossible to dodge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8gfGhVL3qs
Why not just start with the grid and mince everyone at once?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Be a super hot girl and offer to have sex with anyone who breaks into your home as long as they promise not to steal your possessions.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
smear all floor surfaces with bacon grease so anyone who breaks in trips!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Take all those landmines they're stealing from the soil of Southeast Asia and East Africa and put them in your yard

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Applewhite posted:

to give intruders a sporting chance

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

to give intruders a sporting chance

But they're going to die at the grid part anyway.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I do the thing where I make blood shoot out of my eyes like those lizards. This is also my method to attract mates. So far it only works doing the first one though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

But they're going to die at the grid part anyway.

Its best to let your enemy have a glimmer of hope before you just wreck their poo poo completely

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ded posted:

smear all floor surfaces with bacon grease so anyone who breaks in trips!

Also Isis won't blow up your house and build a mosque on it

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Pre-ransack your home. Upend furniture, remove and strew the contents from drawers and closets, and never take out your garbage. That way when a robber comes by, he'll think someone's already hit your house. Joke's on him! You just live in disorganized filth safely and securely.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Place a curse on a valuable treasure and put it in a place of prominence in your home. The thief will go for it first and when he touches it ZAM! He's immortal.
It might not seem like much of a punishment now, but give it a few centuries and he'll really regret breaking into your house.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Hang the corpses of your fallen enemies from the trees and string their scalps to your belt!

Alternatively, crucify your enemies all along your driveway. This way, your still living enemies will cry in anguish and beg for death as any possible intruder passes by, perhaps giving them pause. You can get some more mileage out of it if you give them a saline drip, saves you the work of having to find fresh...uh... home defense representatives so often.

What else... mines? No, nobody knows the mines are there so they aren't a deterrent and I still want the UPS guy to get to the door.

Pffff I'm just joshin' ya. Buy your projectile weapon of choice and once they set foot in your house, go hog wild! Nothing is more invigorating than a fight to the death at a moments notice. That is except... winning a moment's notice fight to the death!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I do keep a big pair of very long, pointed scissors in my nightstand. They look scary but are actually old and dull and no longer even good for cutting.
But guess what they are covered with. That's right. Tetanus. I assume. Maybe it's just rust. Maybe the robber just got his booster shot because he robs houses for a living and that's probably a good idea.

But an anti-vaxxer who I manage to poke in the leg somehow? Welcome to lockjaw possibly, criminal!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Get one of those chairs with the hidden, spring-loaded restraints. Make it look extra comfy so the thief can't resist sitting down in it. BAM! You've got him!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Make your front yard and entrance way a life size model of the He-Man Castle Grayskull playset including trapdoors and slime pits

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My doorman keeps me safe.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

buy a sniper rifle so you can take out any suspicious looking people before they get anywhere near your home

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Call in artillery strikes danger close when you see someone turn on to your road

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Put nut and shellfish allergen warning stickers in all your windows...but do it so the stickers face inward!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Dig a moat and fill it with poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I.C. posted:

I do the thing where I make blood shoot out of my eyes like those lizards. This is also my method to attract mates. So far it only works doing the first one though.

text me :wiggle:

• Locked thread