Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

various cheeses posted:

Build your home like an vast insane maze to trap both the living and the dead for all eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
String piano wire across your door so that when intruders try to step through they get sliced up like a hard-boiled egg. Only enter and exit your home through the basement crawlspace.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sow your lawn with dragons' teeth and overnight an army of full grown warriors will spring up from the ground, armed d ready to defend your home.

Dave Concepcion posted:

what if your home is the basement crawlspace?

Keep a bucket of live scorpions at hand at all times. Rig it to tip over if someone enters while you're asleep or away.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Buy a few of the Super Aegis II automated sentry guns for your property. It's the same gun that guards the Korean DMZ. It can recognize a human silhouette and even issue commands to surrender.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Hire an AEGIS cruiser to be on standby 24/7. If you discover an intruder in your home, call in a Tomahawk missile strike on his location.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Become so fat that your blubber blocks all the doors and windows to your home. Install a hatch in the ceiling above your head so you can still receive food an animes. The hatch can only be opened from the inside and it's bulletproof.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Keep a Beholder in your foyer, OP.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Live inside a porcupine. Ain't nobody gonna gently caress with one of them.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Vibrate your entire house on a different dimensional frequency than the rest of the world. It will become intangible to the inhabitants of this plane. You will still have to worry about home invasions from Gibbering Horrors, though.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Draw the sign of Sekth above your door. Sekth is the patron deity of thieves and plunderers. They will not violate a space under his protection.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Get one of those statues with the laser eye from Legend of Zelda.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Fly a no-poo poo Nazi flag from your house. Everyone will hate you, but most people probably won't gently caress with you.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If the intruder is already in your home, flood your house with a liquid that turns to gelatin within a few seconds of coming into contact with air he will be trapped!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

This was one of my favorite ways to die in Space Quest 3

lol there was something like that in SQ? I really gotta get around to playing that series.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, you go in the a cubicle farm to steal a key card so you cans top them from making a rip off space quest game and if you get caught by security they encapsulate you in Jello and you suffocate

Cool I'll keep an eye out for it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Rig your front hall with the laser grid system from Resident Evil.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Buy the ZF-1 from Fifth Element and keep it under your bed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Eat so much strawberry sorbet that you start making GBS threads undigested strawberry sorbet. Offer a bowl of strawberry sorbet poo poo to the intruder and chuckle to yourself when he unwittingly eats your poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doc Friday posted:

Why didn't that lady duck underneath that slow-rear end laser?

A better question is why the laser hallway doesn't just start with the un-dodgeable grid.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doc Friday posted:

Well, I reckon that they only had enough money for the one laser.

But they had enough money for a sequence of lasers of increasing difficulty up to the final obstacle which was a laser mesh that is impossible to dodge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8gfGhVL3qs
Why not just start with the grid and mince everyone at once?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Be a super hot girl and offer to have sex with anyone who breaks into your home as long as they promise not to steal your possessions.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

to give intruders a sporting chance

But they're going to die at the grid part anyway.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Place a curse on a valuable treasure and put it in a place of prominence in your home. The thief will go for it first and when he touches it ZAM! He's immortal.
It might not seem like much of a punishment now, but give it a few centuries and he'll really regret breaking into your house.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Get one of those chairs with the hidden, spring-loaded restraints. Make it look extra comfy so the thief can't resist sitting down in it. BAM! You've got him!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did you ever read that book The House of Leaves?
Do that.
I mean, I never read the book but there's a cursed house in it... I assume.
Anyway the point is put a curse on your house so it become evil and confusing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Line all your walls and floors with thermite rigged to a button you keep under your pillow. If you hear someone breaking in, hit the button.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ChrisHansen posted:

Applewhite, are you a home defense expert? Can you come out to my place and do a consultation?

For a nominal fee I can actually break into your house and steal your possessions. I will leave behind a detailed diagram of how I did it and the security gaps which need to be addressed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I.C. posted:

I'm a lone pretentious pervert if you need help with that. I also pierce ears. Let me into your house to pierce ears, your own or a family member's. I do not use a gun.

Why would you think that just because OP wants me to come over to his house he's interested in the services of a pretentious perver..... ooohhh. I see. Nevermind.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One word, OP:
Plastics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zahgaegun posted:

When someone breaks in, do two pushups and say "nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine, ten thousand!" Jump up and give a couple of air punches. Then pretend to notice the intruders. Smile slowly. Strike a kung-fu pose.

• Locked thread