Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine
Same here, more or less. It helped somewhat when I got put on SSRIs but I feel like I fundamentally don't care about anything or anyone. Luckily I'm a decent person so I don't get in trouble with the law or hurt anyone, but life can feel pretty meaningless at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895 posted:

Does anyone else ever feel empty, like they're a computer simulation of what other people actually feel?

this may seem nerdy, but I was listening to a Harry Potter audiobook, and I realized I had literally no memories that could be used to summon a patronus, that is, no memories that give me a sense of joy and happiness.

my earliest memory, one that I've revisited over my entire life is me standing in my preschool and looking at a distant building ( a hotel, that was demolished following an earthquake) and feeling like there was an indescribable distance between me and whatever was represented by that building.

I've spent my entire life watching the world through a haze that separates me from the outside world. it feels physical, like something between my eyes and my brain.

what happens to people like me? do we find a way to feel like we've found that building on the horizon or do we...

Freaky, my wife and I are also listening to the Harry Potter Audioboooks and only just finished book 3.

Wait... honey??

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Freaky, my wife and I are also listening to the Harry Potter Audioboooks and only just finished book 3.

Wait... honey??

I don't love you anymore.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895 posted:

I don't love you anymore.

I see now giving you internet access privileges was a mistake. You were so much more fun back when you only spoke Russian.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
My gayness is empty, soul crushing and disgusting.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cumslut1895 posted:

Does anyone else ever feel empty, like they're a computer simulation of what other people actually feel?

this may seem nerdy, but I was listening to a Harry Potter audiobook, and I realized I had literally no memories that could be used to summon a patronus, that is, no memories that give me a sense of joy and happiness.

my earliest memory, one that I've revisited over my entire life is me standing in my preschool and looking at a distant building ( a hotel, that was demolished following an earthquake) and feeling like there was an indescribable distance between me and whatever was represented by that building.

I've spent my entire life watching the world through a haze that separates me from the outside world. it feels physical, like something between my eyes and my brain.

what happens to people like me? do we find a way to feel like we've found that building on the horizon or do we...

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
empty quote empty life :) hi

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I see now giving you internet access privileges was a mistake. You were so much more fun back when you only spoke Russian.

and we're back to depressing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No but seriously, OP, I also have trouble coming up with a memory I would use to conjure a patronus, but for the opposite reason. My entire life has been so good I have a tough time picking the standout memory I would use.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
hire a lady on her pyramid to queef bloodclots on your boner

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

hire a lady on her pyramid to queef bloodclots on your boner

fix this before they find out about our lady alien powers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

No but seriously, OP, I also have trouble coming up with a memory I would use to conjure a patronus, but for the opposite reason. My entire life has been so good I have a tough time picking the standout memory I would use.

maybe u could sell the op a good memory. a choice selection from ur pantheon

Ziptar
Aug 13, 2015

Cumslut1895 posted:

Does anyone else ever feel empty....

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
have you heard of the Church of Scientology OP, it might be just what youre looking for. They have one right down the street from my office, I could probably pic up some literature and send it to you :kiddo:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
have you accepted jesus christ as your personal lord and savior?? not a sermon, just a thought

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

have you heard of the Church of Scientology OP, it might be just what youre looking for. They have one right down the street from my office, I could probably pic up some literature and send it to you :kiddo:

Drink Cheerwine posted:

have you accepted jesus christ as your personal lord and savior?? not a sermon, just a thought
:eyepop:
hhah its like rust am i right?? years with nothin then one little spot and its everywhere!!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Cumslut1895 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fxkiolT-k

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfv7wcmdUp8

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Or just get that audiobook of Ice Cube reading about dark elves.

that sounds like a nice audio book, where wouldi find that

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Its rude to copy peoples' EN threads in gbs. :colbert: Maybe you feel empty cuz you're a clone?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yes

• Locked thread