Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Well, game changed I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Epic High Five posted:

I think they're okay with this

Indeed. Ted Cruz is on that committee.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Would President Hillary try to nominate Bill? I'm honestly not sure.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Pinterest Mom posted:

no responsible president would nomination a septuagenarian with a history of heart problems

Not even as an excuse to find separate living arrangements?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Concerned Citizen posted:

They won't establish precedent, though, so in all likelihood the court would send it back down to the court below to look at it again for some procedural reason and wait until next year to decide on the merits of it.

That's assuming that there will be a SCOTUS appointee next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Little_wh0re posted:

It was autopsy-turvey who wrote it.

Question from a non-american. When was the last time the court had a liberal majority?

See that little dip in 05/06 when Sandra Day O'Connor went over to the "liberal" side of the scale before retiring? That's when. And right now, of course.

• Locked thread