Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

twitch, minecraft, counter strike ( i was into this when i was 8)

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
shitposting

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Running around, riding my bike, trying to beat up my big brother, calling my sister fat/stupid and hollering a lot

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
My kids 8 and there's one or two things that I'm massively jealous of that weren't around when I was a kid.

I'd probably spend half my life on a iPad probably watching dumb Youtube videos like my kid does. I know I'd have killed for Marvel Unlimited as a kid so would probably spend all day reading that.
loving Heelys would be right up there those things look fun as gently caress.
Micro/stunt scooters weren't around until I was too old for them really but they look a shitload of fun.

I'd probably watch a good amount of cartoons as well since I love watching daft cartoons with my kid now like We Bare Bears, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Regular Show.
Hate to day it but I'd probably be one if those annoying kids that plays too much minecraft.

I'd probably do the same poo poo as I did as a kid anyway like pissing about in the woods, riding about on my bike with friends, sleeping over friends watching movies.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i was really curious but also p scared to find out what a bagina looked like

I remember in grade 2 (8 years old basically) some vietnamese kid told us he knew what some old teacher's bagina looked like. he drew it on a piece of paper but it was just a bunch of concentric circles. that combined with the loving alien mothership diagram they tell you is actually a girl's private parts led to a very confused kid.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i teach third grade so i have a class of 8-9 year olds and they all talk about playing iPad games and watching youtube videos all day every day

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
When I was 8 I was painfully shy and awkward around other people and read books all day so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. So probably like that, but in 2016.

Flame
Feb 20, 2016

BY FIRE BE PURGED!
I would obviously love anime. Shounens, some other things. I'd play computer games, rpgs, etc. Wait... that's what I love now. Does it make me 8 years old?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Flame posted:

I would obviously love anime. Shounens, some other things. I'd play computer games, rpgs, etc. Wait... that's what I love now. Does it make me 8 years old?
at heart, yes

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Video games and thinking girls are stupid.. Wait, maybe I'm actually 8 then..

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
When I was 8, I was a loser kid that just talked about and played video games all the time. So I'd be doing the same thing I'm doing now. Same exact games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Well, 35 years ago I was a hella nerdy 8-year-old, spending an awful lot of time reading way above my age level, messing about with lego, etc... home computers for the mass market was still a couple of years in the future, but we hopped on that wave when it came along (got a VIC-20 when I was 11 and it got worse from there). Guess I'd still be a hella nerdy 8-year-old today, probably playing a lot of educational iPad games aimed at kids a few years above my age (as well as a lot of completely non-educational crap), probably way into Star Wars, lego and Minecraft. Actually I'd be doing a bunch of the same stuff my actual kids are doing these days.

• Locked thread