Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hello everyone, as Kanye West is releasing his new album, he is asking us for our prayers to help him get through the hard times.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698699904303132672

Only the men should pray for him though, no women prayers please, Kim will get upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Did he lose it all on Bitcoin too?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7nVKOaRKI

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Reminder that Kanye West is just a patsy that money and media roll out to absorb public rage and vitriol so that people don't actually rage out against the lack of money, education, healthcare, well paying jobs, clean water, and/or joy in their lives. Or mobilize against the overabundance of illegal wars, for profit prisons, bullshit politicians, billionaires siphoning more money out of your mom's paycheck, and so on.

hTh

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Id pray for alot of people, but I am having a hard time to pray for this guy.

Imagine, if by some hosed up event that would cause a disturbance in the force back to the days of loving Dinosaurs (well maybe it did, why did they go instinct?)... he becomes President. Better invent your personal space ship and get the gently caress off this planet then.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kanye is a music producer based in the usa

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How in gently caress's name could he of all people be 50 million in the hole? Must be some kind of idiotic promotion for his new album or w/e

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
A bankrupt Kanye West owes you $53, he's got a problem. A bankrupt Kanye West owes you $53 million, you've got a problem.

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE AS poo poo

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Pawn 17 posted:

How in gently caress's name could he of all people be 50 million in the hole? Must be some kind of idiotic promotion for his new album or w/e

Well he DOES want to become the US President....

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

If this is actually true, then he lost ~$150M since 2012

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If he's hard up for cash he can always ask Kim to do another video. He's already worn the skirt, he can hold her purse too.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

Just because he's X amount of money in debt doesn't mean his net worth is -X. It just means he owes debts that he hasn't paid or isn't paying. It's possible, and pretty likely, that he has assets worth millions that he either is refusing to liquidate or can't.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope he gets facefucked till blood gushes from his eye sockets

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

i hope he gets facefucked till blood gushes from his eye sockets

same

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Just because he's X amount of money in debt doesn't mean his net worth is -X. It just means he owes debts that he hasn't paid or isn't paying. It's possible, and pretty likely, that he has assets worth millions that he either is refusing to liquidate or can't.

Well if his net worth is still 40 million or whatever, then why are we praying for him??

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just pray for everything. Cover my bases

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Pawn 17 posted:

Well if his net worth is still 40 million or whatever, then why are we praying for him??

For him to be able to put food on the table, poor Kim and North, South, East West.

I hear East West is bipolar...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I'm a busy man. I can only fit in prayers for so many rich and famous entertainers!

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Pawn 17 posted:

You're forgetting that this graphic shows his wife being worth another 85 Mil. Bullshit he is actually anywhere near being broke. He's just having a meltdown.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Artic Puma posted:

You're forgetting that this graphic shows his wife being worth another 85 Mil. Bullshit he is actually anywhere near being broke. He's just having a meltdown.

Look buddy, if you had $1,000 in your bank account and you owed someone $500, you'd be stressed out. This is the same situation, there's just a few more zeros involved.

Also at any point Kim could leave and take half his network then what?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Look buddy, if you had $1,000 in your bank account and you owed someone $500, you'd be stressed out. This is the same situation, there's just a few more zeros involved.

I would bd extremely stoked having a bank balance above0

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
lmao

https://twitter.com/AskeBay/status/699037252220018689

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

JayZ: Alright Kanye, today we're going to rap about social issues.
Kanye: Light skinned girls! gently caress SNL!
JayZ: :ughh:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

I don't know, why are you?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

he makes millions off the contrived drama that his fans and her fans perpetuate in order to feel like something special is happening in their vapid lives?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ProperCoochie posted:

Reminder that Kanye West is just a patsy that money and media roll out to absorb public rage and vitriol so that people don't actually rage out against the lack of money, education, healthcare, well paying jobs, clean water, and/or joy in their lives. Or mobilize against the overabundance of illegal wars, for profit prisons, bullshit politicians, billionaires siphoning more money out of your mom's paycheck, and so on.

hTh

What the gently caress is an illegal war?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

5 minutes in the time out box USA. Do it agian, and you're ejected from the planet.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

The General posted:

What the gently caress is an illegal war?

one that expressly violates a nation's own laws. since the US has ratified the UN Charter, that includes the Iraq War (2003-2011) and paramilitary and military incursions into countries like Yemen and Pakistan, but not the subsequent Iraqi intervention that started in 2014 or the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

one that expressly violates a nation's own laws. since the US has ratified the UN Charter, that includes the Iraq War (2003-2011).

What happens when illegal war is called? Do all the troops just go home? IDGI. The man in charge says "gently caress it, we're going to war." and the troops go to war. Worst case you don't win the next election.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

The General posted:

What happens when illegal war is called? Do all the troops just go home? IDGI. The man in charge says "gently caress it, we're going to war." and the troops go to war. Worst case you don't win the next election.

That's not usually how it works. In American law, Congress has to authorise any military action, so the legislature is essentially passing a law making the conflict lawful. If the President wanted to go to war, and Congress refused to authorise it, and he sent out orders to the military initiating military action, the order could be (and should be) refused and in theory the President could be prosecuted for issuing unlawful orders, though I suspect what would actually happen is the orders would be carried out and we'd all just let it slide and accept the erosion of our Constitutionally-mandated separation of powers.

In theory someone could challenge the resolution that authorised the invasion of Iraq in 2003 on the grounds that it's directly contradictory to the UN Charter which has been ratified as part of American law, but it's never happened, and I wouldn't speculate on what would happen if such a challenge were successful. Obviously since that conflict is over, "calling it off" wouldn't be an option.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TacticalUrbanHomo has ruined this thread.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The president can just do that thing from mary poppins

• Locked thread