Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen753JD5kI

Here's an upcoming trailer for Suicide Squad the all-girl Ghostbusters reboot, now with more deep edgy overtones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol what if like the fat one is like the one who gets slimes by slimer and she is all oh you think that is gross and then just periods all over him and then he is grossed out lololol can you imagine???

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i knew this new ghostbusters is gonna rule i'm hella excited

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
Good trailers for trailers. Let's finally throw culture completely into the garbage.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I never really liked ghost busters to be quite honest. An all female cast of Predator, but with mega buff ladies..... now that's something I would watch.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
It has some of my favorite people that are on that television program called Saturday Night Live. i watch it every sunday!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

I never really liked ghost busters to be quite honest. An all female cast of Predator, but with mega buff ladies..... now that's something I would watch.

lol imagine if they flexed their muscles an their clotehs ripped to shreds can you imagine? lol it would be weird haha.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
The gatekeeper will be played by channing tatum and the keymaster will be played by...um...I don't know...mindy kalling? (I got nothing.)

They'll just be more diverse I guess.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
why can't they let it die, like yeah the song is pretty good but all those movies are baaaaaaad

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i am glad culture has finally killed itself. there is now a trailer for the trailer. will there be a teaser for the trailer of the trailer now? do we needf posters for the pre-trailer of the trailer of the trailer? maybe an infomercial or something.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

all logo reveals must be accompanied by a sinking bass hit

BOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remember when jim carrey got head from the one sexy lady ghost do you think one of the ladies will get cunnilingus from a studly man ghost???

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
The trailer for a trailer I think started with the Deadpool movie, but that worked because it's supposed to be funny that way. Now every movie company's rolling with this for any big blockbuster movie coming out later this year.

Now it's only a matter of time before they show 10-second or 5-second teasers to a movie before even releasing a full trailer.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nooner posted:

lol what if like the fat one is like the one who gets slimes by slimer and she is all oh you think that is gross and then just periods all over him and then he is grossed out lololol can you imagine???

sounds like my kind of movie. could also throw in some bad driving and some complaining (like, the male character can't win the argument no matter their response), for a true masterpiece of a film imo

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Junior Jr. posted:

The gatekeeper will be played by channing tatum and the keymaster will be played by...um...I don't know...mindy kalling? (I got nothing.)

They'll just be more diverse I guess.

The keymaster should be lucy liu.

Lucy: are you the gatekeeper?

Channing: are you the keymaster?

All: *makes out*

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Junior Jr. posted:

The trailer for a trailer I think started with the Deadpool movie, but that worked because it's supposed to be funny that way. Now every movie company's rolling with this for any big blockbuster movie coming out later this year.

Now it's only a matter of time before they show 10-second or 5-second teasers to a movie before even releasing a full trailer.

Like that 10 second preview for the force awakens that they made? hmmmm

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
hey where all the white women at

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nooner posted:

Don't post spoilers please.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
half the ghosts they catch are aborted babies

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quote:

Thirty years after the original film took the world by storm, Ghostbusters is back and fully rebooted for a new generation. Director Paul Feig combines all the paranormal fighting elements that made the original franchise so beloved with a cast of new characters, played by the funniest actors working today. Get ready to watch them save the world this summer!

The hell they are.
I could give a poo poo if they're all women, but don't try to tell me these particular women are the funniest actors in Hollywood.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

guys im pretty sure this is going to be a joke

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

guys im pretty sure this is going to be a joke

Well yeah the trailer trailer is a parody obvs.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

LegoPirateNinja posted:

half the ghosts they catch are aborted babies

life begins at conception so they should have a bunch of little zygote babbies floating around and swarming women on the pill

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

quote:

the paranormal fighting elements that made the original franchise so beloved

poo poo, here i was thinking that what made the original so popular was the iconic laszlo kovacs photography, the perfect pacing, the tight screenwriting, and the legendary chemistry of the main cast all coming together to make something completely new and amazing

boy do i feel dumb

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
why does everyone keep rebooting everything instead of coming up with new stuff

:gerty:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VectorSigma posted:

poo poo, here i was thinking that what made the original so popular was the iconic laszlo kovacs photography, the perfect pacing, the tight screenwriting, and the legendary chemistry of the main cast all coming together to make something completely new and amazing

boy do i feel dumb

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Junior Jr. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen753JD5kI

Here's an upcoming trailer for Suicide Squad the all-girl Ghostbusters reboot, now with more deep edgy overtones.

i think theres a direct correlation between announcement time before release and quality

ive heard about this movie for like a year and it just looks poo poo. for fucks sake you can see that the crowd they gathered only covers the camera's field of view in the trailer like is that the best shot u guys got? gently caress

that deadpool movie i didnt even know was A Thing until a month ago, could swear up and down it would be hot steaming garbage, and its better than everyone expected

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
why can't ghosts just be cool

I mean yeah it sucks your dead but I didn't do it. I don't wanna bust you ghost don't make me

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Maldoror posted:

why does everyone keep rebooting everything instead of coming up with new stuff

:gerty:

people keep paying money to see it.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Business Octopus posted:

Good trailers for trailers. Let's finally throw culture completely into the garbage.

Yeah, where the gently caress is the teaser for the trailer for the trailer?

-- --

polio king posted:

I never get any cash when my computer reboots :/

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

polio king posted:

It's easier to make money on something you already know people like. Making an original series is an utter crapshoot. You have to fight for name recognition and people giving a poo poo every step of the way, but even the hardest core fightin producer and an awesome movie or show aren't enough to ensure success.

Meanwhile star whores neXt has already made disney 2 billion dollars. It was practically a given. They could have shat out more utter shlock like episodes 1 through 3 and still already made a billion. It's just on this side of utterly impossible for a movie with an un or weakly known source to make that kind of money. So yeah, it's a cost/benefit thing.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's a dumb idea, but I'd at least be willing to give it a chance if they managed to cast a single person with any degree of talent.

I mean how was Kristen Schaall not the first person they called?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Who's gonna be the Rule 63 Sigourney Weaver?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So if this movie sucks and I don't like it does that make me a misogynist?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

So if this movie sucks and I don't like it does that make me a misogynist?

By the standards of people who would think you're misogynist for not liking the new Ghostbusters, you're already a misogynist. So you're really no worse off than before.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

Kristen Schaall

Gross. Her voice makes me barf poo poo out my dingus.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait, they announce trailers now?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is going to be a perfect movie for me to turn on, watch 15 minutes of, then fall asleep on the couch

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I reckon they'll "leak" it and cause a big hullabaloo about piracy hurting sales because they know it'll bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Windows 98 posted:

whoa yeah that would be sweet

• Locked thread