Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Man Whore posted:

ahahha that loving contract. What kind of idiot thinks that won't lead to project ending trouble down the line?

To be fair, do you REALLY want to ask a presumably normal, mild-mannered lawyer to help with your animal sex game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I do like how when you remove the broken piles of human misery who work for left leaning clickbait mills and leave only competent goddamned critics, this shitpile plummets.

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's almost as if the sexism angle was only a tiny, irreverent and almost irrelevant part of a bigger film and people have blown it massively out of proportion!

Edit: but then again the main antagonist is literally a basement dwelling bitter male nerd so .... :tinfoil:
That is the scariest thing Dippold and Feig could think of. Nothing scares women more than an underachieving man who lacks social graces. Gozer was a fashion model from the dawn of time. Possible friend material. Vigo was a bad boy with a soft spot for single mothers. Could hook up with him. But Rowan? He's a creep.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

To be fair, do you REALLY want to ask a presumably normal, mild-mannered lawyer to help with your animal sex game?

Bah, you can get a lawyer to draw up a contract template for you without having to say you make a sex game. Just be like 'we're a software company and we need a contract for our artists to sign that states all the art they create for the game is the property of our company'. It's pretty standard stuff. On the other hand, this might have been one of those 'you get a cut of the game's revenue when it ships' so who knows what went on behind the scenes. There might be a good reason the artist walked away from that gig.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

:eyepop:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moon Atari posted:

Any recommendations? What are some things that you find personal satisfaction from?

Drugs. Plural.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
hahaha

http://breedingseasongame.blogspot.ca/2016/07/breeding-season-is-over-s-purple-has.html?zx=7403e9de5102548f posted:

Wouldn't it be funny, though, if just somehow some particularly dedicated fan were to guess the password to my Dropbox account (I'm the worst with coming up with secure passwords, I always put something obvious like the name of my favorite fighting game series or something) and were to get ahold of the folder containing every file involved in the game's creation? Then wouldn't it be funny if they went around posting this to various places, like say 8chan and the LoK forums, etc?

That would be illegal, since those assets belong to S-Purple, and therefore I would never condone someone actually doing that. But wouldn't it be funny?

yeah im gonna guess dealing with an adult sized baby is why the artist walked away from that gig

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

nigga crab pollock posted:

hahaha

yeah im gonna guess dealing with an adult sized baby is why the artist walked away from that gig

I really hope this legal dispute goes to Judge Judy or whoever.

"So what I'm hearing is that your partner intentionally gave 4chan illegal access to your game folders, including the ones titled 'Animal Dicks' and 'Cum Physics'."

"Yes, your honor."

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Stupid thread...

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I was thinking they need to do this for gremlins. But I cant think how you could give it a progressive treatment.

Make Gizmo a girl, set in a ploy trans, lesbian, sanders supporter house hold? Oh the gremlins try to ruin video games and they learn to post on reddit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/07/ghostbusters_2016_remake_reviewed.html

from a person who called 300 fascist propaganda.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the herbie movie with lindsay lohan was the ultimate feminist achievement in reboots

should have stopped there you flew too close to the sun with wings of wax, feminists

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Didn't Disney digitally down-boob the actress?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

deadly_pudding posted:

If I'm being honest, this doesn't look much worse than some of the art from The Ultimates, or like the first part of Extremis, where they try to get maybe a little too realistic with their detailing and textures.

Also just LOL at "All New All Pandering Iron Man". They've been building up to Tony Stark needing to get the hell out of the business for months, at minimum. He's a loving wreck of a human being. There's no need to justify why any given character isn't a white dude.

I think it's a problem that there's a very loud consumer movement attempting to trap video games and game-adjacent industries in the mid-90s, sorry. As usual, I regret posting something genuine on GBS. NFL players getting life-destroying concussions isn't in the top 100 real problems in the US, either, but somebody should maybe examine whether it's ethical to let it keep happening :v:

Listen

That's cool, the modern world allows people to focus on whatever they want

You're lucky that you have the income, time and comfortable life that you care about this instead of other pursuits

Just don't pretend it's anywhere near important or that it matters at all, specially on a GBS thread (or 99.99999% of the Internet) about ghostbusters

I mean, keep posting about it if you must, just sayin: I respect an honest garbageman or retail clerk waaaaay more than anyone who gives a poo poo about "Gamergate" in any serious capacity

Hell even the concussion issue in the NFL seems way more worthy of investigation, you're on the level of the guy who said GTA turned you into a killer, or the D&D was satanic, just on another side of the fence

Anyway I'm off to watch the Ghostbusters 2016, I heard its good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I like how everyone forgets that 300 is told entirely from the perspective of the lone surviving Spartan.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poo poo man the thread grew like 5 pages since I should've replied, left the page open nm everyone, that guy is probably dead by now, I'm a yuge idiot

Go home, bustas

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I saw the movie a little bit ago. I don't think I laughed, but that's not a good indicator because I wasn't in a great mood to begin with and I don't react much to cinema unless I'm hanging out with buddies anyway. I thought it was ok. I totally want to bone Dr. Holtzmann (Kate McSomething?) and also Sigourney Weaver because duh. Went in with rock-bottom expectations, felt I got an acceptable experience for my $7.50.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Oh lol seriously if I had any skills at Art and design I would put out some "concepts" say it was for a new awesome RPGwith CRAFTING and then rake in 200000K. So many idiots.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh lol seriously if I had any skills at Art and design I would put out some "concepts" say it was for a new awesome RPGwith CRAFTING and then rake in 200000K. So many idiots.

the market for those rubes is flooded, You haven't been able to harvest them since the minecraft days. The current blooming market is fetish games. Some guys furry erotic text RPG made like 100k 2 years ago.

So how far down the the rabbit's holes are you willing to go my friend.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Man Whore posted:

the market for those rubes is flooded, You haven't been able to harvest them since the minecraft days. The current blooming market is fetish games. Some guys furry erotic text RPG made like 100k 2 years ago.

So how far down the the rabbit's holes are you willing to go my friend.

Has anyone done mpreg hentai rpgs?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

you can make a lot of money of fetishes but generally only if you keep production costs low because most sexual niches cap out at a few hundred or so

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Junior Jr. posted:

I decided to take some time to check the prices on each action figure from Amazon, then compare them to another shopping site like Toys R Us.

I started off with the prices on Amazon at the time of posting this,

GB 2016 Figures (Amazon):

Erin Gilbert - $13.98
Abby Yates - $13.98
Jillian Holtzmann - $16.98
Patty Tolan - $16.98

(of course Jillian would cost more, because people love quirky characters)

Total Price = $61.92

Plus seperate Rowan figure - $11.99

Total + Rowan = $73.91

-

Now onto the MSRP prices:

GB 2016 Figures (Toys R Us):

Erin Gilbert - $19.99
Abby Yates - $19.99
Jillian Holtzmann - $19.99
Patty Tolan - $19.99

Total Price = $79.96

Total + Rowan = $91.95

-

So from what I've gathered, if you spent all 4 figures you'll get a special DIY figure for free for only $80...or you could look elsewhere and save $18.

I can't believe that fat SJW legit paid 80 bucks to post pictures of his new toys just to get a retweet from Feig.

Oh and remember how marketable that Jillian character is? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85654816&cp=&parentPage=search

Hi I'm just popping in to

Junior Jr. posted:

I decided to take some time to check the prices on each action figure from Amazon, then compare them to another shopping site like Toys R Us.

I started off with the prices on Amazon at the time of posting this,

GB 2016 Figures (Amazon):

Erin Gilbert - $13.98
Abby Yates - $13.98
Jillian Holtzmann - $16.98
Patty Tolan - $16.98

(of course Jillian would cost more, because people love quirky characters)

Total Price = $61.92

Total + Rowan = $73.91

-

Now onto the MSRP prices:

GB 2016 Figures (Toys R Us):

Erin Gilbert - $19.99
Abby Yates - $19.99
Jillian Holtzmann - $19.99
Patty Tolan - $19.99

Total Price = $79.96

Total + Rowan = $91.95

-

So from what I've gathered, if you spent all 4 figures you'll get a special DIY figure for free for only $80...or you could look elsewhere and save $18.

I can't believe that fat SJW legit paid 80 bucks to post pictures of his new toys just to get a retweet from Feig.

Oh and remember how marketable that Jillian character is? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85654816&cp=&parentPage=search

Lol jesus christ look at you

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Ghostbusters 2016 is okay.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spidder posted:

has this been posted i'm not going through ten thousand posts to find out

http://www.mtv.com/news/2904048/ghostbusters-review/

ok i get feminism is popular and poo poo but how is this not full on hate speech? this movie is blatantly sexist and proud of it and that's apparently ok because "omg gurl powwar" it's so fuckin weird

it's like when MRAs say feminism isn't really about equality but about allowing women enough power to basically switch positions and treat men like women have long been treated

except this time it's true apparently lol good job ladies

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Spidder posted:

ok i get feminism is popular and poo poo but how is this not full on hate speech? this movie is blatantly sexist and proud of it and that's apparently ok because "omg gurl powwar" it's so fuckin weird

Boner Zone posted:

except this time it's true apparently lol good job ladies
something about power+prejudice or male tears or masculinity so fragile or whatever

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh you wanna know how many positive male characters are in the new Ghostbusters? The answer is: exactly the same number of positive female characters in the original Ghostbusters. :smug:

#GhostRekt #JustFeigThings

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 15, 2016

Butthead
May 31, 2011
More like Ballbusters amirite?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

So everything I'm seeing about this movie looks to be an enjoyable and incredibly funny movie, I'm going to watch it tomorrow, should I watch it in 3d?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
OH!

That is something worth discussing. The 3-D effects in this movie were over the top. Aspect ratios would change just so objects/people would cover up parts of the bars on the top and bottom of the screen. This was done a lot. Honestly I felt it made the 3-D scenes look like absolute dogshit. I can say 100% I did not enjoy the effect, and it hurt the movie a little for me.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Personally I'm waiting for the reboot with the main people as gay black trannies with AIDS.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Shinjobi posted:

OH!

That is something worth discussing. The 3-D effects in this movie were over the top. Aspect ratios would change just so objects/people would cover up parts of the bars on the top and bottom of the screen. This was done a lot. Honestly I felt it made the 3-D scenes look like absolute dogshit. I can say 100% I did not enjoy the effect, and it hurt the movie a little for me.

Who cares.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I figured this thread? :shrug:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You care.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Caring about things is cool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Drunken Baker posted:

Caring about things is cool.

Whatever, I don't care.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Paladinus posted:

Whatever, I don't care.

Pffft, your not-caringness is weak. Wizard Master has been reminding us how much he doesn't care for weeks now, coming back time and time again to make post after post to remind us that he's not going to talk about this. He got slapped with a 24 hr probation for his troubles and you know what he did? He came right back and kept reminding us that he doesn't care! He is 100% dedicated in being 0% dedicated to this thread.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Time to close this thread. If you wish to continue comparing and contrasting old films to their reboots, by all means begin a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I swear this is the last you'll hear from this thread. But just to prove a point to CineD.

http://splitsider.com/2016/08/ghostbusters-reboot-unlikely-to-score-sequel-after-huge-box-office-losses/

You didn't listen to us. But WE TOLD YOU!

WE loving TOLD YOU SO!

okay I'm done.

• Locked thread