Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is going to be a perfect movie for me to turn on, watch 15 minutes of, then fall asleep on the couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Did you just get back from a long scientific expedition deep in the Amazon a month ago or something? Nerds have been talking non stop about Deadpool for like a year.

You're loving stupid, nobody cares about what nerds think

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

I'm the girl in the back trying to escape this misery

I really like this pic

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tezzor posted:

the debate on ghostbusters is a difficult one to come down on because on the one hand the movie looks pretty bad but on the other hand the people saying it is bad the loudest are dudes like forums poster/4chan fuckwit "Internaut!" who hates the newest star wars movie for being SJew propaganda because it featured a black guy and a woman who doesnt take her shirt off as the protagonists

I'm the "SJew"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MORE MEGATHREADS

LESS JOKES

GBS

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

osietra posted:

It's also weird how three of the four ladies look sort of like men. Maybe subconsciously, men find manly looking women easier to empathize with in movies. Which would explain the casting choice. Also Hemsworth looks more like a woman.

Please explain this further.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

Barnes and Noble's have also sort of really picked up the collectibles baton in the last few years. It's sort of interesting in that they're dealing in a lot of things that a handful of years ago I wouldn't have considered them doing: Niche collectibles, vinyl records, toys, etc. Next to a legitimate toy store, B&N is maybe the next best place to find a decent assortment of niche collectibles-grade toys.

Well, I got to a store togight and looked around in the action figure aisle and was surprised that they were on the shelves. As I said, given how little chatter I was hearing about them I was completely unaware they were even being produced and even AFTER I heard about them I sort of assumed maybe they were going to have ended up being a TRU exclusive.

Anyway, I got a good look at two of the figures in the new GB line, as that was all they had on the shelf. They did have pegs set up for many more, but only two figures were actually out there: One each of the Wiig and McCarthy figures, and a lot of little micro figures that don't look like they've sold at all, yet.

If they've actually been sold out to this, it could sort of makes sense if there's some additional factor of speculators buying up figures, though. I sort of suspect out of the entire line the Jillian figure is going to be the most highly sought after. As an odd note, the Walmart website is listing her figure at nearly $30 via a third-party seller, while the others of the same scale are only at $20 and $14 through Walmart. I'm really getting the feeling a speculator boom in that specific figure is going to probably create some issues in a few months as regardless of the quality of the film, she's probably going to become the Quicksilver character that most people from the film will probably like enough to want to buy a figure of.

They're about on par with the similarly priced $20 Marvel 6" figures in terms of everything (which themselves are of varying quality), but I don't know if they're making a mistake bypassing the 3.75" market. While I do prefer the look and detail on the larger figures in general, there's not really much to these and at the $20 price point I really do think that there's a good chance they'll miss out on getting into the hands of kids that the lower price/easier sell that the sub-$10 3.75" lines would have allowed.

Also to note, there were some empty pegs for the 'classic' figures, apparently, in that scale. I'm assuming they're doing a mass release of both old and new GB 6" on the shelves at the same time.

Why did you type an essay about the childish equivalent of doll collecting?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

93 pages of retards posting about movies for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Brown Menace posted:

so did they manage to bust the ghost or ghosts

I hope so, there's like 120 pages of posts about them and only one funny post, here, i'll show it again,

• Locked thread