Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Al Horford to Toronto Masai plz.

Markieff Morris and Thad Young also acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Not that anyone else really cares, but Portland could save like $5m by taking on enough salary to get them above the salary floor.

If they don't get above the salary floor, Paul Allen will have to pay everyone on the roster the difference. But if they trade for someone like David Lee, Portland only has to pay Lee for the remaining 30 games.

So Portland has an incentive to involve themselves this trade deadline.

Management would probably like this, but wouldn't this piss off the young players who were gonna get that extra money?

See: I have a sneaking suspuscion the 76ers roster hates Javale Mcgee because the Sixers paying off his bought out contract is the only thing keeping them above the salary floor.
e: They're also paying off the last year of Gerald Wallace's salary? Holy gently caress.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

The Big Jesus posted:

As a Hawks fan I am v nervous and don't know what I want to happen. But if we can get Blake then do whatever we gotta do.

Yeah I'm slightly confused as to why it appears two out of their three best players are on the market while they're a playoff team. The fanbase wouldn't probably not be happy with them being blown up, but it seems like they're kinda moving in that direction? Or are they only considering offers than send a superstar back? Who knows. Toronto sure as poo poo can't send a superstar back so maybe we're out of the running, but we have two 2016 first round picks, one of which is an unprotected lottery pick so uh that's some pretty good leverage.

As for Toronto/Horford, I'm in favour of throwing the bank at him because it gives the team the firepower for a run against Cleveland plus some added talent if we can't resign Derozan. I'd like to think that we'd be able to resign one of them. Also, 'rumour' is that Horford really likes the extra fifth year that the incumbent team can offer him. However, it's hard to imagine the team being able to pay both of them next fall so uh gently caress. If we could convince them both to take 20 mill each maybe it could happen, but even then that might go over the cap and who knows if MLSE is willing to do that.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 16, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Excellent read

Realistically- is there any chance that the Knicks can move Calderon right now? What team would actually want him? I have no illusions about the rest of this season (lol playoffs) but if I can watch the next 30 games with some more competent PG play on both ends of the court that would be great.

Not unless they gave up an asset or two with em, and they're not trading any picks unless they're dumb and ahaha holy gently caress Calderon still costs 7 mill? Good loving luck.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Horford is arguably more of a power forward than a center, and just lol at Valanciunus being better than Horford. Horford's a way better defender and spreads the floor better.

Any ways, getting into Bill Simmons territory here but my theoretical Raptors for Horford package is Patterson + James Johnson + Delon Wright + our 2016 first rounder and the NY 2016 first rounder.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zjfanvy

Patterson's gotta be involved in any trade, you'd need at least one guy for salary filler, then I'd assume for people to not laugh you out the door you need to give away at least one rookie asset. I think Bruno and Lucas are staying, so that leaves Wright (and we got our point guard rotation locked down for next year any ways). Then the NY pick is the centerpiece of the deal and I'm assuming we'd need one more pick to sweeten the deal. We've already got rookie talent that's basically shoved off to the d-league to develop since our rotation is pretty set so I'm not sure that we'd be doing too much with our pick this year so I'm all right giving it away (famous last words).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
e: double post

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dejan Bimble posted:

Taj Gibson There have been discussions of a 1 for 1 Gibson for Patches Patterson swap

There has? I'd be down for that. Or maybe not. I'm skeptical of losing Patrick for someone without range.

Basically I'm just hopeful that TO makes some upgrade at PF and Horford is my pipe dream, but I'll take any number of consolation prizes that might provide more long term stability as well. I've convinced myself that this is a good year to go all out though so I'm hoping for some action.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm still gonna fetishize the Raptor's NY/Denver pick as a goodass resource :colbert: .

But seriously, barely any first rounders have moved since the lockout because people realized how good a resource they are in getting players on the cheap. The cap going up as only increased their value. Now, they're also likely viewed as a better asset by the teams that own them than the teams that are getting them (unless you're Philly) but they're still useful for smoothing out deals.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 16, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I think Kyle Korver is the only player who has ever been confirmed to be traded for an office appliance. I think he got traded early in his career for cash considerations to buy an 80 grand fax machine or something.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

tumor looking batty posted:

They're in win now mode so yeah

Being in win now mode when you're mediocre leads to things like your team breaking up it's chemistry to get Rudy Gay, but I can see that's not going to be a problem for you guys.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

NickRoweFillea posted:

Give me Evan Fournier!!!!!

Looks like he's stuck in Orlando now, fucker!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

big boi posted:

MCW for Lawson rumors going around.

How do I embed tweets? I'm dumb.

Oh cool another middling point guard to enter the quagmire of Kidd's point guard rotation (unless he magically turns back into his Denver version).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm sure contending teams with a strong locker-room wouldn't mind taking a gamble

Toronto's apparently not interested at that price and we're about as desperate for a PF as anyone in the league. Might just be negotiation tactics on both sides though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah it's one of those things that fanbases never want at the time but appreciate in hindsight. My dad to this day still rants about the Raptors letting Bosh go for nothing.

The Glumslinger posted:

Come on, why aren't there any more rumors :(

Ok, sure, here's some stuff blatantly stolen from Hoopshype's rumour aggregator that may or may not be full of poo poo.

" Jake Fischer: The Pistons are indeed looking for a point guard, per a team source. But Detroit is in search of a backup to, not upgrading, Reggie Jackson.

" A first-round pick and a rotation player. That’s the asking price, according to league sources, from the Bulls in most of their trade talks as Thursday’s 2 p.m. deadline approaches. The Bulls have been in several discussions, with most talk centered on Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson and Tony Snell, sources said. Not surprisingly, there has been little interest in Snell."

" Nate Taylor: Frank Vogel: “We are not shopping George Hill.”

"Andy Vasquez: Prokorov was asked if lack of a GM would change how Nets approach tomorrow’s deadline. He said Nets may make a small trade, but that’s it. "

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 17, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Everyone bluffs till the last two hours, come back tomorrow.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's a good idea for Utah, their PG rotation is disgustingly bad and it's actually kind of amazing how successful they've been despite it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't think Anderson would be a good fit on the Raptors. I guess that contradicts me earlier begging for a stretch four, but he's way too lovely a defender for the Casey System (tm). I also don't think he'd be worth resigning at the rumoured salary he's looking for next year.

I mean maybe it would would work? Scola sucks at defense too but he's easier to hide given that he's usually 20 minutes a night tops. Anderson's stretch four-ness is awesome, but his defense is a huge red flag for the way the Raptors play.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Supposedly everyone is waiting on Atlanta and their decision re: Horford and Teague.

raptors, you know what to do

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/700365796568989697

There's uh, gotta be a second rounder or something in Detroits offer for Houston to not burst out laughing at that.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Intruder posted:

Dwight has shown significantly more professionalism and effort as a Rocket than Harden has. But Harden is 26 and a top notch scorer and making ~$18m a year for the next two years so Dwight gets shown the door

He has?

I think they're both man children tbh. Harden's more on the selfish side, Howard is just ridiculously stupid, neither plays well with others.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Shoutout to Joel Anthony, godfather of Canadian basketball.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
SVG likes shooters and likely won't play DMO starter minutes. If/when he gets healthy, it'll be a good role for him cause he fits well with the team and he probably won't be overplayed to injury.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

big boi posted:

Isn't Varejao also pretty bad on defense, though?

I'm not interested in talking about any of Varejao's skills since the dude has literally played in 172 out of a possible 410 games since 2010 (excluding this season). The dude's body just can't hold up to NBA play any more.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

big boi posted:

So the Cavs traded two players who don't play and a pick for a player who will play, and they have an extra roster spot now. Good for them.

Yeah it works. Hope Portland gets something decent for picking up the contract, I don't think the full details are out. Lebron might be annoyed, Varejao is in the James Jones/Mike Miller friend circle of guys that he likes to keep around but his contract was waaaay higher.

e: oh, it's a 2018 first rounder from Cleveland. 10 mill for two years is quite the price for that, but ehhh, maybe Cleveland will even be lovely by then, who knows.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 18, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Sir_Charles posted:

PJ Tucker won't be traded apparently

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/700380984466759680

You'd think there would be a market for a decent 3-and-D guy. I don't really understand.

Probably was but he was too expensive, plus with TJ Warren out for the season they're stupid thin at SF so he's a lot more valuable to them than he was last month.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Still waiting for the Raptors to announce that they won the Horford lottery :allears:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tae posted:

Valuable for what? They're not trying to win games at this point.

Having a non-crippled SF to put on the floor. I mean they could say 'gently caress it' and try to get assets, but the only player behind him in the rotation (with Warren out) is goddamn Sonny Weems. Outside of them doing some weird positional shapeshifting he's pretty much their only non-joke option at SF.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Sir_Charles posted:

Exactly. I like PJ but having him on the team right now is kinda pointless.

Well I've got Tucker on my fantasy team so I have a stake in him staying in Phoenix and playing heavy minutes :colbert:.

Unless you're going full Hinkie there's still some vague positional requirements you have to keep satisfied for your team before blowing it up. If they trade Tucker and can't get an SF back, that team either has to have the most garbage starting SF in the league, or do some crazy positional poo poo like start a three guard lineup when Knight's healthy.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

roundmidnight posted:

Memphis apparently also got a Clippers first. For Jeff Green. Wow.

Oof. I mean, Lance has been so objectively bad that he needed a lil extra to go anywhere, but that's pretty steep price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I love them because they make ever situation they're involved with surreal.

• Locked thread