Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just listened to the Simmons trade deadline podcast, and it's so bad, it's veering into funny territory. Two middle-aged dudes spouting bullshit like, "I don't know if I would trade for Blake Griffin". OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
There better happen something today. I want my trades.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Clippers robbed Memphis at gunpoint, because they got Green for a D-League player who should be waived.

I hate those stupid boards so much.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Tae posted:

They got a 1st rounder for an average player, how was that bad for the grizzlies who have no marc gasol

The pick is good, true. Lance is just straight up trash. He had one average season in five years. He's bad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Paul Zuvella posted:

He is bad, yes. But they acquired his contract, not him. Salaries have to match, remember, so they effectively traded Green for a first rounder and the right to waive Stephenson. The Grizz completely fleeced the clippers.

Yes, Lance will be waived, and the pick might turn into someone who is as good as Jeff Green. If they are lucky. Meanwhile the Clippers get instant help on the wing, where they needed instant help. I still like this trade for the Clippers. Hoarding picks is great, but the draft outside the lottery remains a total crapshoot, as it has always been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Tae posted:

Larry Bird must be praying graces to his statue every night for Lance not taking the 44 million/4 year offer.

Yeah, they dodged that bullet.

edit:

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread