Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
:siren:TRADE DEADLINE IS 3:00 EASTERN FEBRUARY 18TH:siren:

Completed Trades:
Van Gundy Doing Work
  • Detroit Pistons get Tobias Harris
  • Orlando Magic getBrandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova
Not official but NBA.com is reporting it so close enough
  • Charlotte Hornets get Courtney Lee
  • Memphis Grizzlies get PJ Hairston and Chris Anderson
  • Miami Heat get Brian Roberts

_____

Well, the trade deadline looked a lot more bleek last year and it ended up being awesome, so maybe this year will be great too! Probably not. But there are some decent rumors out there. All the same, I think we'll probably see some role players move, but no stars. Anyway, here are some of the people most being talked about :

Jeff Teague

Jeff Teague is pretty good, but someone the Hawks can live without (at least that's what they think) so it makes sense that they'd move him since he has value. Rumors are they don't want players, but picks, and that's probably not gonna happen this year, though, ATL.
Rumored Destinations: Miami Heat, Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic, Knicks, Timberwolves, Pacers

Kevin Love

It's hard to know what's really going on here. Garbage rumor writers seem convinced that Lebron wants Love out, but LeBron himself pretty strongly denies. Regardless, it doesn't seem like GMs are getting hung up on when th ey call for Love anymore.
Rumored Destinations: Sacramento Kings, Boston Celtics, New York Knicks

Dwight Howard

I'm not exactly sure why Dwight's on the trading block other than maybe an attempt to sell high but it's February and he's rumored to be dealt per usual.
Rumored Destinations: New Orleans Pelicans, Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavs

DeMarcus Cousins

The Kings should not even entertain any trade talk for Cousins, but poo poo is so messy there I wouldn't be surprised if he moves after all. At least some of the ownership group wants him out for some dumb loving reason.
Rumored Destinations: Boston Celtics, Clippers

Jimmy Butler

The Bulls would be idiotic to trade Butler, but he insulted management so his name's started to go around. His injury probably killed this, though FE: Found this while reading Butler stuff, lol: http://www.inquisitr.com/2761634/shocking-nba-rumor-is-jimmy-butler-the-illegitimate-son-of-michael-jordan/
Rumored Destinations: Orlando, Atlanta

Blake Griffin

This seems preposterous to me, but the rumors aren't dying and a lot of Clippers fans seem on board, too. The reasoning is that the Clippers have a great record in the regular season with Griffin out. Hmm, yeah, good luck with that once the playoffs start.
Rumored Destinations: Cleveland Cavs, Denver Nuggets , Boston Celtics

Carmelo Anthony

There's some thought that GM Lebron is pushing really hard to move Love for Melo. And the emergence of Porzingis has made the idea of the Knicks moving Melo at least a little more realistic. Melo has a no-trade, clause, though and has notoriously put the desire to be in New York ahead of winning several times already, so I'm not thinking this is too likely.
Rumored Destinations: Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavs, Clippers

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

Well now nothing is gonna happen cause ya jinxed it

I don't think I could've possibly drove home how unlikely a move is this year, hahah.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

chunkles posted:

one day soon rick, you're going to have to start photoshopping kobe in :argh:

Believe me, I'm almost already there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thanks for the tip-in, Dejan!

IcePhoenix posted:

Rick I always appreciate the hell out of your trade deadline threads.

In trade deadline "news," you are going to see Rubio's name thrown around (like always) and in the end it's not going to lead to anything (like always) because nobody actually understands that you don't have to score 20 points a game to be a really good player, but GMs do understand it which is why they keep trying to trade for him in hopes that the Timberwolves forget for some reason.

Thank you!

I did see a couple mentions of Rubio but it was like "FIVE PLACES BULLS SHOULD DUMP DERRICK ROSE" style articles. But yeah I expect reporters to bring him up for clicks in the next couple of days.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Would it be embarrassing if the Suns moved Knight for a pick?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope this long shot deal happens because like I can't figure out what it is unless they're actually trading Griffin or are throwing Jordan in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers would kick the tires on him but have no deal to make.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Goddamn I'm fiending for a Woj bomb right now

Getting notifications for his tweets this year has been so disappointing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well, maybe the Wizards can turn it around now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Let's be fair that's like a top 3 move of the deadline.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well, with Memphis, Jeff Green often was not aggressive enough offensively to justify being on the floor, I guess this is going in the other direction of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

commy gun posted:

Pfffftttttttt

If he's motivated, you got a really good player on your hands. Not totally sure he's compatible with the market but if he plays well maybe people won't harp on his non-basketball stuff too much.

• Locked thread