Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
one day soon rick, you're going to have to start photoshopping kobe in :argh:

e: dwight is on the trading block because (pick one)

- harden doesn't like him (based on rumormongering basically)
- dan fegan
- this year's a writeoff for the rockets anyway and he looks to be rapidly declining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

morestuff posted:

Charlotte is apparently feeling frisky/panicking

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/699699177471606784

What do the Rockets get out of this though. Please tell me it doesn't involve Jeremy Lin

I'd be surprised if Fegan let his client go to a Small Market peasant team, but Stein is pretty reliable.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

morestuff posted:

Charlotte doesn't really have a ton to give. Al Jefferson for contract filler, and some combination of Marvin Williams (expiring), Cody Zeller, Jeremy Lamb, Spencer Hawes and Frank Kaminsky. Kemba, Batum and MKG maybe, but I don't think they'd want to give them up for a possible rental. And whatever picks would make that collection of garbage work.

Yeah, with Fegan + Howard's history and the expiring contract I think the amount of places Howard might actually go is pretty limited.

https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/699674985804263424?s=09

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Would you say that almost any contract extending over the next 2+ years is an asset?

the contract that doesn't fall under "almost any" is corey brewer's

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Interesting move. Skiles seems to dislike him (I mean more than Skiles usually dislikes everyone anyway) and he hasn't had a good year, but he could be better on the Clippers.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

I want the Clippers to pick Lance up off waivers of you can do that 😕🙁

you cannot

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The fact that there are first round picks there is amazing, if they aren't like top 29 protected, I'd pull the trigger on that poo poo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Most teams never use their trade exemptions. I can't think of the last trade that did involve one

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

:agreed: More team officials should openly make fun of sports reporters for rumormongering

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ugh cmon something happen!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Utah's oppressive alcohol laws might save Lawson's career. Maybe they can get him to convert to Mormonism.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

attackmole posted:

It's a good idea for Utah, their PG rotation is disgustingly bad and it's actually kind of amazing how successful they've been despite it.

Trading for Ty Lawson this season is probably a bad idea for anyone as anything other than salary matching. I suppose you could kick the tires on him and guarantee his contract next year if you think he might recover.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

1. Does Ryan Anderson really represent a big upgrade for the Raps? I know he can score, but isn't his D considerably worse than the forwards they have?
He's kinda a sieve but so is Scola at this point and Patterson has never been all that great.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The 1980s Houston Rockets was that team

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

what the gently caress is Morey doing

Blowing this season up

One of Dmo and Jones was already out the door anyway. I'd have thought they could do better but maybe his back issues are truly problematic, guess we'll find out. Sad that Thornton is gone, there were rumors Harden hated him (I guess because he actually made his shots) but he was also gonna get paid.

Not a real big fan of this trade but I will enjoy the blowback from internet Rockets fans who despise TJones and think losing Donuts is the only difference from last season.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hmm I didn't realize Detroit isn't in the playoffs right now. Guess I'm a hornets fan for the rest of the season

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Visceral Realism posted:

Definitely a dumb question, but aside from being injured this year I know very little about Dontas. How does he fit into the Pistons plans?

Journeyman PF who can score in the post, play good defense and play minutes at C. Main problems are lack of shooting (he's OK on 3p last season but he only shoots if no one is within 5 feet of him) and a lumbar spine made of balsa wood and airplane glue

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Watch the fans of whatever team he ends up on do a total 180 on hating him and also learn how to spell his last name correctly.

Trading Patrick Beverley would be a cruel thing to do. He wouldn't be able to get manicures at his moms salon in Houston anymore :(

Kibner posted:

Oh, I thought he wasn't good at defense. In my defense, I haven't really gotten to watch him in like a year! :v:

It's kinda funny, watching him play in Poland I was like this lanky awkward motherfucker will never be anything but a turnstile on the P&R, but he turned out to be a pretty smart defender.

re: Detroit I bet Thornton will contribute more than DMo. He's been having an okay season in Houston's moronic worse-than-pickup-ball offense, SVG's offense will really perk his shooting up

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 18, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

this picture represents everything that is good about the NBA. redemption and friendship.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's a 50% chance that the Nets pick will be 4th overall. Not great, unless you're a huge Kris Dunn fan or think you can fix Jaylen Brown's jumpshot

I'm still completely sold on Jaylen Brown based on the 20 seconds of footage I have watched of his

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Some of us say 'Dragan Bender" out loud like 2-3 times a day even (especially) when nobody is around

it's good to have like an abandoned field where you can scream DRAGAN BENDER and rehearse moves like you're from Street Fighter

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dexo posted:

Also Aaron Brooks has a loving no trade clause in his contract.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Im assuming it's not a no trade clause but rather what vets get when they sign a 1 year mon

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Libertine posted:

Two of my best friends are diehard Bulls and Rockets fans, should I text them to see if they are on suicide watch?

most Rockets fans seem to like Dwight v:shobon:v

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

Lance to Memphis

Zzzzzzz

memphis going all in on thugs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

kinda weird if morey is paying off hinkie to take anthony, since the rockets already have a spare roster spot.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Who will be the first player to get hurt on one of those things?

J.R Smitthe

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Did anyone watch Woj's show? He's had Channing Frye and Daryl Morey on there since the deadline. Curious if anything interesting happened

e: I'm watching Scalabrine talk about how the Celtics did a good job. I wish I could rewind and watch Morey's segment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

attackmole posted:

I love them because they make ever situation they're involved with surreal.

it seems like something from like a 70s sci fi movie, where all the future people would be wearing westbrook-esque fashion, gliding around on hoverboards and then you'd be like "pfft how stupid and impractical"

• Locked thread