Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick I always appreciate the hell out of your trade deadline threads.

In trade deadline "news," you are going to see Rubio's name thrown around (like always) and in the end it's not going to lead to anything (like always) because nobody actually understands that you don't have to score 20 points a game to be a really good player, but GMs do understand it which is why they keep trying to trade for him in hopes that the Timberwolves forget for some reason.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't see the point in trading Rubio, unless they seek to tank. A smart pg is good for big development. He seems like a good guy, he's spent his winters in the snow and ice, why trade him, unless he wants to be traded?

Because like eight years ago his dad wanted him to be traded to New York

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

big boi posted:

MCW for Lawson rumors going around.

How do I embed tweets? I'm dumb.

just paste a direct link to the tweet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevin Martin's wrist must be hosed if the Wolves couldn't get a team to trade for him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Or teams just expect him to be bought out, so why give up assets to get him early

Something something Kevin Love trade

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently the Bucks kept calling to try to get Rubio and Milt just asked if they were ready to give up Middleton every time. I'm not sure what they were expecting after the first couple tries.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

I'd be sad but TWolves would win that trade.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It would give the Wolves someone who can shoot the three but leave them with nobody to get the ball to him. It also means you're probably going back to investing in Zach at PG and I am Not A Fan of that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Basically this. I am a huge Rubio fan but you can get a guy who can fill in his role at 70% (and be a better shooter) way easier than you can find a guy who can play the 2 and 3, shoot really well, and has the tools to be a decent defender. I don't think you ever start Lavine at the 1, but you can find someone.

What do you do with LaVine then? Because if you're starting Middleton/Wiggins at the 2/3, with Shabazz coming off the bench for 25 mpg, and not playing LaVine as a point (which you shouldn't) then you just took away all his minutes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

Middleton is better than Rubio.

It can be a good trade in a vacuum but still be a bad trade in reality.

Lockback posted:

I'd actually like to see Shabazz play a little small-ball 4 with Dieng or KAT at the 5 for some of his minutes, LaVine being a 1 or 2 off the bench (I don't mind LaVine running point for the bench and just embracing being a gunner). You spot Martin in where you can to round out the Wing rotation. It's not really crowded at the Wing, you just have guys who can play multiple positions.

The problem with LaVine at point is that he hasn't really shown any capability of running an offense. If the wolves aren't playing iso-ball (which is awful) then it's just a bogged down mess. That's a problem, even for the second unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

LaVine looks bad when he takes shots away from better players, but when he's steering a pretty messy bench unit he's pretty good. I've also liked him playing the 2 in the starting unit, but I feel like you can find an upgrade on the starting wing that will be a better fit.

I agree with this, I'm just saying that the benefit of bringing in a guy like Middleton is lost (and then some) if you lose Rubio from that unit.

• Locked thread