Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Not that anyone else really cares, but Portland could save like $5m by taking on enough salary to get them above the salary floor.

If they don't get above the salary floor, Paul Allen will have to pay everyone on the roster the difference. But if they trade for someone like David Lee, Portland only has to pay Lee for the remaining 30 games.

So Portland has an incentive to involve themselves this trade deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

ButtWolf posted:

Can AD guard 4's? I know he is p. quick, but haven't paid much attention to him. Could he work with Dwight? Horford in Toronto would be sweet though, but what would it be? PPat, Delon Wright, Terrence Ross and a 1st rd pick?

NO already spent a ton of money on Asik, so Dwight doesn't make much sense.

Toronto might be interested in Horford, but that's a risky trade when he's a unrestricted FA this summer.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I get the feeling that what Atlanta is doing is completely normal and someone is just trying to make it into a story.

Of course as soon as I say that they are going to trade Horford to Toronto for picks and T Ross and I'm going to eat my words.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

ALSO interesting little fact: Andrew Wiggins' dad, Mitchell, was kicked out of the NBA for two and a half years for testing positive for yak. Must be weird to have that be public record on your pops

would you say he got the yakety sack?

sorry

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

MourningView posted:

He isn't a good fit for Utah but all he has to do is be better than Trey Burke and Raul Neto to be worth having, and they can dump him at the end of the year if it doesn't work out

I would be very surprised if Lawson performed better than Burke. Lawson is on a Steve Franchise-like career trajectory.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

If DMo can stay healthy thats a steal

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Intruder posted:

Is Morey blowing it up?

Shut down Harden due to his bad teeth and boom, they are in the race for a top pick.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

bad players are getting talked about like superstars because of the trade deadline. Solid rotation big DMo has become Dirk...Shelvin Mack is Mike Conley...

and Varejao is DMC.

Blazers finally get their man

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I recall DMO getting dominated by a lot of 5s, but iirc at 4 he's a pretty good defender.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Surprised no one wanted Gerald Henderson.

Guessing that Olshey would rather have Henderson for the playoff push than a 2nd round pick

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

In the race for the 5th through 8th seeds

Memphis traded Jeff Green for Lance
Dallas didnt do anything
Portland added Brian Roberts (Varejao will be waived)
Utah added Shelvin Mack
Houston traded Thornton and DMo for Joel Anthony

Portland moved the needle the most.

And by most I mean like 1/8th of an inch

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lockback posted:

Holy crap, getting an all-star to come to your team on a discount should not be followed by dumping him for Kosta Koufus and a protected first.

Stop being bad posters bulls fans.

Was it that big a discount? I don't recall many good teams being able to pay Pau more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

It was a discount from what the Lakers were offering, but I think it was most any good team offered him

That's what I was thinking.

Pau couldn't have had any complaints if he was traded.

And while keeping him is a mistake, I agree with the posters saying it's not that big a deal. The Bulls FO makes worse decisions annually.

• Locked thread