Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Selsun Blue that is. And that poo poo isn't working. I have an itchy flaky scalp and probably fungus, psoriasis and maybe scabies(?). I can't wear dark shirts because of the embarrassment. I'm basically trapped in my own home with extreme social anxiety until this gets figured out. I'm calling upon the collective goon experience to help me cure this horrifying condition. Thank you and bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
tomato juice

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Drink it?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Shave your head and the dry scalp will clear up in days. No shampoo ever really works against hardcore dandruff. Your only option is to nuke it all to the ground. Or you can just deal with it. Impromptu snowstorms are HILARIOUS and very sexually attractive.

I don't know anything about fungus or scabies tho.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

drink what?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
coconut oil is the poo poo for dry scalp

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I forgot. :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
dunk your head in vinegar you realdo

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
you might have the zeeka. he good news is it will clear up on it's own, the bad news is your head will shrink and become deformed. avoid traveling to any south american villages your head may be taken as a trophy or for voodoo.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

use grapefruit seed extract on you're head

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
THis is a lot of stuff to put on my head. And some of it sounds pretty dangerous. If i have the zeeka how long do I have?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you tried filling your bathtub with drano and then getting in it?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
You are starting to go bald. Shedding of the dermal follicles happens and no amount of salt or tar shampoo will stop it.

Best thing you can do is to shave your head, like with a Bic, then use standard moisturizer. There is probably nothing you can do at this point, take some nice pictures to show your children from when you had hair.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

OlmanRiver posted:

You are starting to go bald. Shedding of the dermal follicles happens and no amount of salt or tar shampoo will stop it.

Best thing you can do is to shave your head, like with a Bic, then use standard moisturizer. There is probably nothing you can do at this point, take some nice pictures to show your children from when you had hair.

what will salt and tar shampoo do? Goddamn this itches like crazy. I think I'm bleeding now.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

King of Bees posted:

THis is a lot of stuff to put on my head. And some of it sounds pretty dangerous. If i have the zeeka how long do I have?

this long

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
funny story i was at my dads house and helping him renovate it or whatevr and i wanted to take a bath cause my body was sore from working like a man allday and i wanted to epson salt so i laid in bath and then went to pour in the salt but the bag apparently was plaster of paris in a VERY similar bag instead and anyways boy was my face red

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not as versed in these terrible skin conditions like a lot of people are. Usually i'm the one glowing from radiant good health and strong sexual appetites and a good strong physique. These deformities are a mystery to me.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Use jizz for shampoo, OP.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

King of Bees posted:

what will salt and tar shampoo do? Goddamn this itches like crazy. I think I'm bleeding now.

You can get doctor prescription tar shampoo. It didn't work for me, but its expensive and people swear by it.

http://www.medicinenet.com/coal_tar_shampoo-topical/article.htm

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you tried drinking a cap full of antifreeze every night until your organs shut down?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Smash it Smash hit posted:

funny story i was at my dads house and helping him renovate it or whatevr and i wanted to take a bath cause my body was sore from working like a man allday and i wanted to epson salt so i laid in bath and then went to pour in the salt but the bag apparently was plaster of paris in a VERY similar bag instead and anyways boy was my face red

I wouldve thought your facewould be white. Are you sure it was plaster? Maybe it was placenta of paris??? What is your dad doing!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

King of Bees posted:

I wouldve thought your facewould be white. Are you sure it was plaster? Maybe it was placenta of paris??? What is your dad doing!

you keep my dad out of this you piece of poo poo

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Smash it Smash hit posted:

you keep my dad out of this you piece of poo poo

You're right! I'm getting off topic here (me/scalp condition). Sorry about that!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you tried turning it off and on again, OP?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I have some Lysol wipes here that say they kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria! They're Lemon and Lime Blossom scent if that makes a difference.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey OP, have you tried nuking it from orbit?

Aug 4, 2010

use deodorant in your hair

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey OP, have you tried tying a cinder block to your ankle and jumping off a bridge?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OP you should hydrate more. Dry scalp is caused by dehydration. Drink a gallon of water every hour on the hour for an entire day and your scalp will clear up lickety split.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
See here's the issue. I want to write a YA trilogy based on my life experiences (it will be quite jaunty). Now when the premiere of the movie (part one) takes place I want to wear a nice charcoal suit with a red tie. How the hell am I supposed to wear a charcoal suit if there's skin flakes all over the shoulders and collar? Can you imagine how loving embarrassing that would be. I can't even start writing the things until I get this problem taken care of.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey OP have you tried putting your head under the front tire of a moving car?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't use that Alka selsun poo poo, don't use any shampoo for a while. Just take baths and soak your scalp. Let your hair oils build up. Massage and groom. Shampoo with mild soap and olive oil in a week. It's ashy season unfortunately. :smith:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

King of Bees posted:

See here's the issue. I want to write a YA trilogy based on my life experiences (it will be quite jaunty). Now when the premiere of the movie (part one) takes place I want to wear a nice charcoal suit with a red tie. How the hell am I supposed to wear a charcoal suit if there's skin flakes all over the shoulders and collar? Can you imagine how loving embarrassing that would be. I can't even start writing the things until I get this problem taken care of.

Set the story in the arctic where it's always snowing. No one will notice the dandruff.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

hey OP have you tried putting your head under the front tire of a moving car?

I'm taking note of all these ideas but I haven't tried anything yet. Do scabies really burrow under your skin and lay eggs?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

I'm taking note of all these ideas but I haven't tried anything yet. Do scabies really burrow under your skin and lay eggs?

thats guinea worms

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Applewhite posted:

Set the story in the arctic where it's always snowing. No one will notice the dandruff.

Do you think that arctic is a good YA setting? *takes notes*

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!
If you want to get rid of dandruff flakes you gotta pray to Flaketo: the God of Scalp Flakes.

All you gotta do is put your scalp flakes under your pillow at night and he will come and leave you a nickle for your troubles.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

thats guinea worms

FML.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Nizoral shampoo works for my seborrheic dermatitis. Might help you. They don't sell it around here off the shelf so you might need a prescription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

King of Bees posted:

Do you think that arctic is a good YA setting? *takes notes*

Either the arctic or a magical land where it always snows.

• Locked thread