Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Awful Survivor has returned! Just in time for the new season! This time, we're going to be going all in for flavor in a way we haven't done before. The theme of the season though...will remain a secret until we launch. How mysterious~~~ Additionally, the grand prize for the sole survivor has been doubled to $150!

Awful Survivor is a game of Social Strategy. You're expected to make and break bonds to further your position and increase your odds of winning. Every Tuesday and Thursday, there will be a vote, ridding the game of a player. This process continues until the end, when a jury of some of the voted out players will vote for a winner. Of course, every Monday and Wednesday, there will be battles for Immunity, but that's not as important (jk it's stupid important). No game events will take place on Friday or weekends unless otherwise stated, at least a few days in advance. Most game events will run until 11pm EST, and start no earlier than 7pm EST. If this is tricky or in conflict with your schedule, don't sign up. If you're a super bio engineering programming child psychologist major with eleven exams every week that you have to study for and you also have three jobs and a girlfriend with cerebral palsy who needs her spinal drip EVERY three hours, don't sign up. if you have a newborn baby or are a single parent, you probably don't want to sign up. if you are a bird and do not actually have any reliable way of interacting digitally with the game, do not chirp up.

Weekly Schedule
Monday: Challenge (probably between 7:00-9:00pm EST)
Tuesday: Tribal Council (Probably about 7:00pm EST)
Wednesday: Challenge (probably between 7:00-9:00pm EST)
Thursday: Tribal Council (Probably about 7:00pm EST)

Rules for the game
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a ban. It's not that hard to not cheat.

• There will be 20 players. Every single player is a survivor. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.
  • Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. You must work together, or against each other, in order to be the sole survivor. There will only be one winner.
  • If you don't have platinum, you're not getting cast. PMs are a required functionality for the game to work.
  • You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $150 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $50. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.
  • Tribal Councils (in which one player is removed from the game) will be held every Tuesday and Thursday. Votes will be taken privately by me (Minoru Suzuki) and later published, anonymously. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. This will be announced in the thread. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself.
  • While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is in your own tribe. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.
  • :siren:If you are voted out, you are not allowed to communicate with anyone alive/on the jury in the game. You may only contact fellow jurors in the Ponderosa page, and only if you yourself are a juror.
  • :siren:You are not permitted to speak with any potential players about the game before it begins. This is mostly to effectively discourage pre-game alliances, and any long-term tainting of the game itself. Please play with SOME semblance of honor to keep things somewhat fair. Don't be a butt.
  • :siren: No bribing other players. You cannot use money or currency equivalent to coerce players to do something. The fact that I actually have to write this rule out is stupid as hell.
  • When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No workarounds/linking to a bigger message or anything cute like that.
  • There will be individual challenges and team challenges. These will be posted at a time that best suits all people in-thread (usually 7:00-9:00PM EST). Some of these will be timed so you might be disadvantaged if you cannot be around. Some challenges which can have ties will be won by the first person to submit their result.
  • For the individual challenges, the winner will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out at Tribal Council. For groups challenges the tribes will be competing against each other. The losing tribe will be forced to go to Tribal Council, where they will have to vote out one of their own.
  • NO EDITING YOUR POSTS EVER!!!! Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity and frequency. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.
  • Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!
  • Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (to be picked after cast is finalized) with how to access whatever you're using to talk. You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

If you've played Awful Survivor before and made it to the merge, you are ineligible for play. Otherwise, please join!. If you wanna sign up, fill out this >>APPLICATION<< and then post in the thread your interest in playing. The game will be launching April 5. You will want to be ready for the 5th. The first challenge will be the 8th. Don't sign up if the above listed schedules look risky in terms of compatibility.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just turned in an application. I participated many many many moons ago and was voted out really early. Very excited to give it a second go, especially now that my work schedule will permit me attending all challenges!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I signed up for this!!!!!!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
After training all winter in the harsh Californian wilderness, I have applied.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I was the merge boot though. :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OK, i signed

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

curiousCat posted:

I was the merge boot though. :(

I vote this one gets another chance IMO

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Signed up!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

winvirus posted:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

winvirus posted:

Quoted for truth.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Ok I will return and try my best.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lumpen posted:

Ok I will return and try my best.

winvirus posted:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

winvirus posted:

++ for cat and the lumpmeister

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Hoooooo boy I can't wait!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would really like to play but I have two pretty big reservations before I sign up.

1) Are most events going to be Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights? I'm a graduating senior in college and I've been partying like the keg is running dry. So I am drunk/high those nights, a lot, and usually at parties or the bar.

2) Could I do most of my communication through texts/iMessages? If I'm on my computer, I'm doing work or jerkin' it, so it would make my life easier if I could handle all my communication through the little beep boops on my phone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Those questions are answered in the op.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sandwolf posted:

2) Could I do most of my communication through texts/iMessages? If I'm on my computer, I'm doing work or jerkin' it, so it would make my life easier if I could handle all my communication through the little beep boops on my phone.

If you're on iOS, there's a really good (unofficial) forums app that supports PMs.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

jivjov posted:

If you're on iOS, there's a really good (unofficial) forums app that supports PMs.

No way does Awful PMs compare as conversational material than a text message.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

No way does Awful PMs compare as conversational material than a text message.

As long as you can get skype on your phone you will probably be good. You will want to be available for group conversations, and what not, or you just gonna get voted out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

our economy is too strong if $150 is not enough taint to play guys. one hundred fifty dollar. just imagine. that is 30 avatar changes. 150 mcdoubles. 150 seven eleven coffees, or 30 starbuck coffees. this is a grAND opportunit y. do it. joint plesa. more blood for the survivor blood god.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I will happily play two people with absolutely no ulterior motives or biases whatsoever.

ello my name is pairofmemes I am also signing up ok but my timezones are the exact opposite of paramenays so as a direct result there is to be no cheating ay bossmango?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm vaguely considering it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Yay it's back!

Looking forward to leisurely reading the game from the audience while not stressing out about it this time around :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've played before but not to merge point so I'm down

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still salty that my car ruled me out of the last game, i'll apply

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

bowmore posted:

It's the Survivor car curse!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

DaisyDanger posted:

Don't tell them about that, you'll scare the newbies off :v:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I can't play, since I'm working weeknights now, but I will definitely watch with interest. And if the theme is TVIV and I didn't get to retrofit 80s game shows to the format, I will be saddened. Presigning for a nice big column in the Vista.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bowmore posted:

you made the merge :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
motherfu----

well if you need numbers i'm still interested

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DaisyDanger posted:

The curse goes like this: if you own a car you won't win awful survivor

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The curse goes like this: if you own a car you won't win awful survivor

Woo, I got this!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
finally my years of cripplingly anxiety will pay off

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

game is delayed until we have enough players :ghost:

ask your friends to play, nerds.

do it.

one hundred and fifty dolars.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh god what am I getting into I don't even watch Survivor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh god what am I getting into I don't even watch Survivor.

You have to:
1) outwit
2) outplay
3) outlast
4) DO NOT TAKE THE CAR

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

jivjov posted:

You have to:
1) outwit
2) outplay
3) outlast
4) DO NOT TAKE THE CAR

What's this about a car I don't understand :psyduck:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

What's this about a car I don't understand :psyduck:

Never. Ever. Take the car. Is bad.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Actually, the car is Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Good for people that are not you.

• Locked thread