Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I've played every far cry game. This one looks really boring. I saw a guy on twitch trying to kill a fish and it took about 5 missed spears before he finally got it. I want my machine gun back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

On twitch the meelee combat just looks like bashing away on a guy standing in front of you, like any other game. I don't know how it feels when you're actually playing it, but it looks janky. There are parts I've seen though where you club a guy and he goes flying off into the bushes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I dunno, a lot of the reviews say the story and characters are a bit bland. Unlike previous far cry games, the protagonist and antagonist in this one aren't awesome and off their rocker nuts. There is apparently not that many memorable moments. No equivalent to burning weed fields or going berserk in an opium factory. Some have also said that at the end of the day, you're either using a bow, spear, or club. There just isn't much true variety.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but is there no flying mechanic? The wing suit was loving legit in FC4.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That can't be real. Which platform is that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

One of the reviews I read did say the fire and water were the worst they'd seen. This is like a lost in the woods simulator those two things have to be done perfectly.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Is nobody playing this? I was hoping to hear goon opinion which is usually the best opinion.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

How's the flying on pterodactyl thing? I haven't seen it yet.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I might have to get this game now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This game seems like a good way to act out some parts post-bear mauling in The Revenant.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just saw this gif on the Kotaku review. Random crocodile. I'm buying this game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

resurgam40 posted:

*More due to a lack of connection with the game than anything else. Seriously, FC4 is one of the least immersive games I've ever played; nobody has any time for you, there is no indication what the main character wants, feels, or changes, and the only really interesting or compelling character disappears for most of the game to make faces at you on the radio.

This is completely true.

• Locked thread