Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Relin posted:

Must Watch:

Blood Blockade Battlefront OVA

At least this looks to be an adaptation of a manga story instead of more of Black and White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm hoping its a full 26-ep run if it's multiple Phoenix Wright games. It'd put each case at about 3-4 episodes apiece in mini-arcs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll be watching Attorneys, Jojos, and Heroes for sure. Maybe check out some other stuff.

Also, news:

The live-action Ghost in the Shell has cast legendary Japanese actor/director Beat Takeshi as Aramaki.

Personally I think a western adaptation should have John Hurt as Aramaki.

Also nth'ing that the Dreamworks adaptation has gently caress-all chance of being good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So are we discussing still-airing stuff as well here? Because Dimension W's really rushing through a multi-ep finale that feels like it should've had a bunch more Coil-hunting standalones between it and the previous ones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Come onnnn AnimeLab :pray:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phobophilia posted:

im gonna watch joker game and then constantly and slyly recommend night raid 1931 to everyone else in the thread as pretty much the only other spy show set in pre-war china

Is Night Raid 1931 any good?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

wielder posted:

Maybe they just think it makes the logo look cool. Sometimes the answer is that simple.

Or it could be Voyager making the same mistake of directly selling it under that name, as they did with their official 2199 release, which they also left incomplete.

There were various issues with that release and thinking the name "StarBlazers" has any real popularity in this age was one of them.

Wasn't Yamato 2199 getting localized as Star Blazers 2199?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phobophilia posted:

Why would Public Security privilege this particular robotics company?

I hope there's just a disconnect between the marketing and the people producing it. It's not like hollywood isn't capable of making political thrillers and high concept cyberpunk by themselves, SAC originally riffed alot of that. How can the GITS live action even dumb it down that badly?

Part of them being cops is it also gives them an outsider perspective to how everyday people and companies are ab/using cybernetics and the internet. Making them corporate agents fucks that sideways. Plus you know it'll turn out to be a :tinfoil:company conspiracy :tinfoil: by Hanka Robotics behind everything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gyra_Solune posted:

Big Order might be fun

it's pretty much another thing in the vein of Death Note or Code Geass, probably will be a little sillier since this is the future diary people but

Is Future Diary any good?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AnacondaHL posted:

everyone in the background is amazing lol

I think they did it as a way to normalize some of the more exaggerated characters from the games, and it is glorious. :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

One of my favorite bits is 1-1 taking place in a ratty courtroom, followed by 1-2 opening with a monstrous hologram machine descending from the ceiling.

I love that the victory confetti was half-heartedly thrown by the cleaning lady in the ratty little courtroom too :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Erg posted:

Lol, that card is a huge dick move and I'm glad I was told about it

What's it involve?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wait, how'd that emo guy stab the bearded dude at that angle? The knife never went above waist-height! Did.. Did bearded dude get stabbed in the dick? That ain't cool, emo guy, you don't assassinate people by stabbing them in the dick :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

darkgray posted:

Trailer for GITS-SAC dude's new film "Hirune-hime":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5bOuliZtY

While that does look nice, I'd like to remind people that Kenji Kamiyama's last feature film was 009 Re:Cyborg.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Garm Wars: The Last Druid has been out for a few years now. I keep meaning to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

darkgray posted:

Yeah, sorry. Apparently it just came out today in Japan, with a dub. Didn't realize it had a Western release already.

Yup, it's been on store shelves in Australia for a couple of months now.

• Locked thread