Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hmm, so, definitely going to check out 12-sai, Bakuon, Boy Maid, Flying Witch, Kuma Miko, Kabaneri, Pan de Peace, Tonkatsu DJ, Neko Nihonshi and Young Ashibe plus a couple of the other big shows

Geez that's going to be a big week of anime... Oh! and going to watch that Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko short that's airing in a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

There's a new Hero Academia PV, with a lot of new animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqVltWDqFA

Mori subbed the PV because I guess they're excited for the show too?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ah, thanks for posting about it :) I've been curious about this show, might still give it a chance because who knows but I'm glad I know some of the stuff beforehand

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Serious Frolicking posted:

Way I figure it, there are so many excellent shows in the coming season that there is no real reason to go out of your way to watch the sketchy poo poo. Though of course anyone who is into "totally not gay incest, wink wink" will go for it regardless.

Uh, wow. Thanks for your input...?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

I didn't like the first episode of She and Her Cat, possibly I'm just extra picky because I adore the original short. Or possibly because I didn't like how the cat was drawn.

Fat black cat is a good cat!

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes, although I only saw the original short after the first episode. They've been really lovely and cute and a little bittersweet

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Erg posted:

Was it already posted that Haikyuu was getting a third season?

Not in this thread, I think. Terrific news though!

Very excited to watch the last bunch of episodes this weekend :tem:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Senor Candle posted:

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure there are actually two more episodes left to air. Unless I missed something they announced, the first season was 25 episodes so I assume the second will too!

Oh neat! My calendar thing has it only listed until episode 24 but I'm glad for another week of Haikyuu!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Nope.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

In Training posted:

Figure skating show sounds awesome

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Alder posted:

She and Her Cat ended but it wasn't sad at all :3:

I'm glad! :) I'm looking forward to watching 3 & 4 when I can

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Pan de Peace was very cute but I wish it wasn't a short. There's no time to relax in 3 minutes of bread buddies, and you shouldn't rush while making bread anyway! It tastes better and more flavourful when it has time to develop!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm not going to look at the bad KumaMiko review from the place that does bad reviews

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Darth Walrus posted:

Nobody in that review section hated it - the review spread went from 3.5 to 2/5, and the tone of the reviews ranged from 'flawed but promising' to 'meh, not really my thing' and 'messy, but not outright bad'. Goons bein' hyperbolic about a lukewarm reaction to a show they liked again.

Holy poo poo, you're an ANN writer. That explains soo much :shittypop:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie posted:

they're making a new snafu ova to adapt a skipped iroha story!!!!!!

:toot: That's great news!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie posted:

some things that happen in it:

-hachi's friend zaimokuza possibly writes a zestiria doujin (i didn't really get this out of my skim but the tn notes say it is)
-table tennis with irohas
-hachi does the evangelion pose
-totsuka and komachi appear

I'm excited for all these things

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

nielsm posted:

12-sai is definitely a show for kids. It's not bad, in fact it's looks quite good for the target audience, but probably not something I'll be watching.

Also, the only English subs out for it currently are rather poorly translated. (Multiple places where it looks like the translator is just guessing.)

Yeah, it seems pretty good and sweet and all that but I don't know that I'll keep up with it, especially if it's not really going to get subbed 'properly'.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aggressive Retsuko is available on Sanriojapan's youtube channel if anyone was interested. Not subbed or anything but still very cute :3: Some nice Youtube commenter even did up a rough translation of episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz8Djy_umFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd0aVopCgA4

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

kater posted:

Sakamoto ain't got poo poo on Tanaka-kun.

Its not a competition, also you're wrong

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Strange Quark posted:

Brb making a kissing poll thread

Nooooo but also please do this

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

Morose Mononokean PV

so excited for this one! I love the manga.

That looks really neat!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm hoping the people complaining didn't know that it was an actual disaster 'cause that would be pretty lovely of them otherwise

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Phobophilia posted:

ohta is incredibly gay

in other chill shoujo show news, 12 sai is incredibly cute, and shounen maid is adorable with some very strong character writing

Ahhh, I should be watching 12-sai now that it's actually being subbed

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

kater posted:

Where's the love for Shounen Maid?

:agreed:

Its really cute and sweet!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Amanchu, Amaama, Days, Cheer Boys, Battery, Handa-kun and Fukigen na Mononokean all seem immediately interesting to me

Summmmer (sort of)! :argh:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Unholy Ghost posted:

flying witch is really boring for the first three episodes, so I stopped watching. what happens after that makes it so good?

If you didn't like it at first, you probably aren't going to like the rest of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:same:

• Locked thread