Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Let's take a look back on what may have been one of the greatest - if not THE greatest - thread GBS and SomethingAwful has ever produced (need archives to view it, though, sorry in advance):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486052&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Moments was an ARG/CYOA in the style of Alter Ego produced by user ExtraNoise for GBS to follow and vote for choices both extraordinary and mundane that usually led into disturbing unforeseen consequences, such as opting to rob a bank or sticking a fork in the electrical outlet. There was also an overarching layer to the game as the programming started to get screwy and led into insights of the developers behind the game, Retribution Games, and the apparent personal conflict between the programmers back in 1982.

It produced this smilie (:moments:) and had a profound, lasting effect on those fortunate to follow the thread and the sad life of the protagonist Ethan that goons, in their usual manner, helped to ruin.

"You learned only spite."

Chilling.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The greatest what.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is there a readable version of that greenscreen text someplace? I don't feel like reading a bunch of tiny jpgs

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Hey, I forgot about that thread. it was good.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

is there a readable version of that greenscreen text someplace? I don't feel like reading a bunch of tiny jpgs

Can't you use the zoom on your browser or phone? I don't think there's another format elsewhere, but it's definitely worth reading through.

• Locked thread