Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

Vahtooch posted:

Absolutely stunning op. Now I'll just go back to sipping lattes and not wanting to work hard, and you know, crying into said latte since I just read this.

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2016/march/1456750800/richard-cooke/boomer-supremacy

"The experts’ predictions were stark. “There is a stunning generational unfairness in our [budget] settings and all those disengaged younger Australians need to wake up to the fact they’re being massively screwed by … what the baby boomers are leaving for them,” said Chris Richardson of Deloitte Access Economics. “Right now, we’re eating their future.”

Brilliant article. I work in tax and still don't understand how all the other young(ish) ones in my office can be all happy Liberal voters when we're privy to how much the system is geared to the ones with money. I did also enjoy the dig at Stephen Koukalos, who I for some reason generally trust on economic matters as a sensible head, but always found his advice on housing incredibly simplistic.

Shunkymonky fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
The only reason LNP and the Greens want to pass legislation that will hinder the power of preference deals is because they've made a preference deal.

Makes sense.

#Vansplaining

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

turdbucket posted:

I'm exhausting my preferences before labor at every opportunity I am given from now on. Thank god for senate reform, wish we had optimal above the line like in NSW so I don't have to preference Albo at all. Have had absolutely enough of their garbage after the latest round of crocodile tears.

Unless they do something else horrible between then and now I probably won't go that far, but if the reforms pass I'll definitely be leaving Sam Dastyari off my BTL top 12. As he is a toilet.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I went to an accounting conference recently where they talked about the fact that there is no new taxes left to be introduced (e.g. CGT, GST) that will allow us to grow without trying to steal market share from one another.

So woo state income taxes! Thankyou Turnbull!

• Locked thread