Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Hopefully Louise Pratt gets subbed in for Bulloch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

More on Joe Bollocks:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/31004542/wa-senator-joe-bollock-sticks-to-his-guns/

The West Australian posted:

In mid-2004, WA Labor held a two-day $1600-a-head forum with business leaders in Perth at which attendees got the chance to mix with Gallop Government ministers and hear from union leaders about the relationship between the party’s parliamentary and organisational wings.

One of the union leaders who spoke at the forum was Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Association secretary and right-wing power broker Joe Bullock.

His remarks took the assembled businesspeople a little by surprise, first because of his staunch defence of capitalism, which he argued was the best way to grow the pie for workers to share in, but more because of what came next.

As The West Australian reported: “Sodomites,” he said, “were evil and would burn in hell.”

That was only three years after Labor attorney-general Jim McGinty made the passage of sweeping laws to remove discrimination against gays and lesbians one of the Gallop Government’s earliest priorities.

Joe Bullock once quit the Anglican church in Perth after Dean John Shepherd suggested the resurrection story should not be taken literally.

“I couldn’t be a part of that because I don’t believe that the resurrection’s a story, ” Bullock told The West in a 2009 profile. “I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God who came to earth and laid down his life to save us. So I can’t be an Anglican here.”

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/national/a/31005086/why-joe-bullock-is-closer-to-tony-abbott-than-you-think/

That's the wall in Joe Bullock's senate office. What's the only thing he's hung on it?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Does anyone have any good AusPol podcasts to recommend? SomethingWonky is great, is there anything else along those lines?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Lid posted:

Its happening again

Tony Abbott has refused to confirm or deny an affair with his chief-of-staff Peta Credlin after rumours surfaced in a new book.

Next time he is asked he should just stare and blink.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

McGowan's been doing a pretty good job from what I can tell. I'm not sure Stephen Smith is going to increase the ALP's chances - he's more high profile, but less charismatic than McGowan (who isn't charismatic) and I'm sure the Liberals would just campaign on his Gillard government links. It's not like they can campaign on their record.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

But then again Smith was at the Sleater-Kinney gig in Perth a couple of weeks ago so he gets some cool points for that.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Sounds like Smith is kind of hosed. Two MPs who were linked to his candidacy have backed McGowan, and no active WA Labor politician is supporting him.

I wonder what the hell he was thinking bringing this on.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So Smith's challenge appears over, he has accepted McGowan has the unanimous backing of the Cabinet.

What a waste of time that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The ABCC is a strange base for an election campaign. The general public don't give a poo poo about it, and the Libs don't have a good track record campaigning on industrial relations .

• Locked thread