Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Helen Highwater posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Clean For the Queen.

'Hey proles, you don't have jobs and the people who were formerly employed keeping your streets clean have all been rendered down into trace elements but could you do their work for free Her Maj? Did I hit my head and wake up in an alternate timeline where the feudal system was somehow still a thing in TYOOL 2016?

If you zoom out, there's an event in Saudi Arabia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

I did. It was about an hour too long and full of tedious "what is this pointless former hero doing with their twilight years" tedium and hugely unsubtle and groanworthy nods to previous films for the fans. There was a half decent space and lasers film in there somewhere, but I think it needed to not be A Star Wars Film for it to get out.

It was a :mediocre: film, but it did the job of removing the bad taste the prequals left for most fans.

It's cleared the ground for the ones that are being made next

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

TACD posted:

Now they're playing Whac-a-mole with torrent sites and TPB mirrors, but PopcornTime and ShowBox are already much easier to use.l.

As long as google-cache works, it doesn't matter how many sites they ban - it's not like you have to do anything difficult or clever even

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Whelp, I post here sometimes, so I thought I just share that after moving from the dystopian hell that is the Medway Towns in North Kent to Cardiff in Gods Own Country... I'm much happier, everyone is friendly and, after a whole 3 weeks of looking and One interview, I've got a job here.

Abandon the south east.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Rugby was compulsory at my school from age 11 until you left.

If I was One day younger, I'd have been in the next year down, so saying 'Man Up, It's only a broken nose' is very easy when you're Not the kid you looks 12 playing in the Snow, against others who are a Full Year older and can get served in pubs.

The games teacher also took sick-notes (From parents or doctors) as an advisory, and routinly ignored them, even making the kid who got he's teeth kicked out (several £1000 of dentistrys worth) play against the express will of hes parents.

I hated it then, and I still do.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I hold doors for everyone at work because 10 seconds spent holding a door is 10 seconds not spent doing my actual job.

It's part of my way of very quietly sticking it to the man through the medium of held doors, cups of tea and long thoughtful poos.

work out how much your paid for each poo ! http://pooclock.com/

Boiling oil as a seige defence is a myth - Oil is Expensive, and water will do the job just as well

Renfield fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 3, 2016

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

I like sand.

but what are your thoughts on compulsory rubgy ?

And sand doesn't boil at 100c, so it can get a lot hotter than boiling water

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
My cat has literally just been sick behind my chair.
The room now smells of fish and sick.

Boiling cat-sick might be the deterant we need. gently caress trident.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

ROOM TEMPERATURE CAT SPEWWWWWWWWW

It's body temperature if you pick it up quick... just nasty

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

And mandated more consistent use of ground fault trips instead of fuses in every plug.

I'm pretty sure the standard in a consumer unit these days is to have an RCD on every circuit, with dedicated ones for cookers etc that need more power, and the UK design allows for the shutters the block the live/neutral until the earth pin is inserted (along with the insulated bits on the live/neutral so you can't grab those bits of the pin while there connected and get a shock).

The individual fuse is in addition to the RCD, which isn't a bad thing, and is a hang-over from the fuse-wire days before trips

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Finally, the Chancellor has realised the dangers of coke....

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/ar...m_campaign=i100

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

TinTower posted:

Outgoing NUS LGBT+ Officer.

The '#Kill all men' one or the 'I cant be racist as I'm not white one' (cant remember if there the same person) ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

shrike82 posted:

Having not lived thru the era, are things as bad as in the Thatcher years?

Further to Goddamedtwisto... it's Worse.

The Unions are almost powerless, and the press is totally biased towards the govenment. The BBC is running scared and that's effecting the news reports in favor of the tories.

I'd disagree that there's no industry to fall apart, as what's left of Steel production is currently falling appart in South Wales and Redcar... Young people now start life with lovely jobs and/or a mountain of debt that can't ever be paid back (Which is another time-bomb, when those first comercial student loans get written off and have to be paid down by the govenment of the day).
And owning a home is nothing more than a dream for most young (i mean under 30) people.

Primary and Secondary education is being gutted in a way not even Thatcher dreamed off.
Social care is cut to the stage where people are starving to death. in 2016. in the uk.

It's Worse, and there's at least 3 more years of these bastards making it as worse to go

• Locked thread