Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Bohn will simply fills all the electronic boxes with blood and let it fry them over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Wraithblade/William Jones - ER: 21% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened)

"No. Stay at Beta and observe. If your recon can be trusted, she has to be at Alpha meaning no reason to wait. If your recon cannot be trusted, sending you would be pointless."

"I'll go myself."

Aetherstep[d6]=8

Rolling Aetherstep with Flawless (using the extra EP from Charging Up) and +4 (Knack and Style), getting an 8. Moving towards site Alpha.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken
Corruption: 61
Condition: (5/5 – Awakened)

Before her stood a soul almost as far gone as she was. A sailor, lost on his own ship. A pawn, unable to perform the duties bestowed upon him higher authorities. Even when those authorities wielded god-like power.
Emotions swelled inside her all rage and wroth, but she didn't understand them. Her aura flared up at every spark of neuron, every train of thought.

Wavering on her pillar of ocean and steam, she raised her right arm, pointing towards the man as if the mere motion would strike him down. Yet no lightning came, no destruction beyond mortal ken.
She could still hear Belcrys voice echoing in her mind. What had he tried to teach her? What did he want her to do? Why hadn't she been reprimanded, cast aside, forgotten?
The concept of mercy was too alien for her to even comprehend, yet some semblance of it found its way into her troubled heart.

"What is my name?!" She screamed, pointlessly and angrily into the sea. "And what is yours?" She said with a sigh.

Meeting nothing but mindless moans, her shoulders sagged as she effortlessly floated aboard. As far as she could tell, she had two options. Loud: Destroy any and all radio equipment within the area. Silent: Infiltrate, find out more.
But the Sailor offered her another option, the Renegade inside her lighting the path.

[d8] Syndrome Boost: 2d8o8k1+3 = 7

She looked the sailor deep into his eyes. Whatever he had been before, it was clear that the lights where no longer on. Yet... it hadn't always been that way, had it? All she had to do was ask before it happened. Listen, before he could no longer speak.

"Who where you?" "What happened here, who is responsible for all of this?"

Using my Balor Powers to rewind this Sailors brain back until just before he was mind-controlled so I can interrogate him. Bonuses are Style and Corruption.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
[Stranger] - ER:59% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened)

Well, he couldn't wait forever. Nothing to be done except move forwards. But first, some recon - at least two guards in there, so it wasn't going to be clean or easy. Stranger pressed himself up against the door - actually slithered his ear deep into the crack so he could hear better. The instant it sounded like the conversation was breaking up, he would stream into the room and envelop one of the guards. Nothing fancy, he'd just knock them unconscious and puppet their body around while wearing their face, easy peasy. He tensed behind the door, building up the pressure needed to get himself moving at a moment's notice.

(Rolling (d10) Infiltrator + Corruption Bonus + Excellence = 10) to prep an action triggered by the conversation breaking up.)

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Nice Party

Stranger
Let's see, these guys are effectively Troops but doing this undetected is pretty tough, so we'll call it a a [d10] Obstacle=6.

The moment you detect an opening you slip right through the door and into the security chamber. There are three well-dressed security staff. One appears to be texting in the corner and two more are peering at a huge monitor display showing the party from every angle. One is heading towards the bathroom door and his eyes widen as you slip into the room. He opens his mouth to shout an alarm but you're already on him, completely sealing him and his cries of alarm are nothing but a few muffled noises from within your body. The others don't even notice.

The security room itself is a high-tech panopticon: one wall is devoted to screens and screens showing the party, hotel exterior and hallways. You spot Back Alley in his disguise strolling away from reception.

A Suspicious Factory
Reaching the place isn't much of a challenge but you'll need to do so unnoticed which we'll approximate as a [d6] Obstacle=10. Looks like you got spotted.

With a few quick steps you cross rooftops, parking lots and hidden alleys, stepping quietly onto the rooftop of Alpha target. There's no immediate signs of occupation but that maintenance shed is definitely the ideal spot to keep an eye on the factory. Creeping closer you can see through one grimy window what appears to be a few cans of food and the edge of a bedroll.

Just as you're about to investigate further there's a flashing alert from the drone's feed and an urgent transmission, "Agent! We have visual contact the target was using anomalous concealment! Watch out!"

The display shows a young woman, recognizable as the Overed code-named Bullet Time, simply fading into view a few feet from the drone's camera. With a sideways grin to the camera she waves a small device...a radio detonator and pushes the button.

There's a single beep from within the shed and then an explosion that sends fire, wooden shrapnel and steel ball-bearings flying.

These are some Hidden Claymores [d10]=9, a Hazard.

Carrier Group 5

Blood Bath
This will be handled as a kind of Clash. Here's the attempt to resist your attempt to destroy the radio, Radio [d8]=5. So 3 Damage to the Aircraft Carrier's radio system. Now a strike-back: Power Surge [d8]=7 (after a reroll for Flawless).

You ooze your way into the main radio room, flowing into important looking panels and into the tangled wires that are the guts of the carrier's radio system. As you wreak havoc on the system you can't help but notice that it almost seems to be fighting back. Pull apart a pair of connectors and electricity arcs between them, trying to bridge the gap. Try and short circuit a power cord and it shuts down, preventing more damage. Despite this the electrical hijinks just can't keep up with your ability to physically tear things apart or coat them in a layer of sizzling blood.

Whatever force is trying to sustain the system apparently decides to fight back and there's a sudden pop and flash of ozone as fat sparks and arcs of electricity crackle through the innards of the radio (the poor sailor manning the radio screams and yanks his headphones off as there's a shriek of feedback), apparently attempting to simply fry you.

Stricken
[i]Lets see if you can overcome his Brainwashing [d8]=6. Looks like it.

The soldier shakes his head in confusion then his dilated pupils refocus and he seems lucid again. For a moment it looks like he's about to shout an alarm as his military training kicks back in...but looking directly into your eyes something seems to convince him that this would end very, very badly.

Instead he stammers out, "I'm, I'm...uh...not sure. There was a...a woman I think. She was..." His eyes briefly lose focus again but then it returns, "...beautiful. Let us know that we were her servants...told us to obey..."

The soldier's face clenches and he thrashes briefly, vomiting onto the deck. There's an oddly sweet smell. "I don't remember what they were here for...mistress left. Told us to obey her friend...What happened to us!?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Claymores. How base. All William needed to do was

step

Aetherstep[d6]=11

And he was already where the explosion was not. Hell, he didn't even need to change his pace.

The girl would have to do much better than this, but William doubted her ability. Nobody who would reveal their position due to nothing but vanity could be better than an amateur.

William's grip around Tchernobog tightened as he moved inexorably closer to his target.

Rolling Aetherstep with and +4 (Knack and Style), getting an 11. Dodging an explosion and closing in towards Bullet Time.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 5, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bloodbath
A Black Dog? You have messed with the wrong Japanese! This is Dr. Bohn neighborhood when it comes to electricity! You might think "oh he use blood, that must mean he is weak to toaster in bathtub!" Well, not this Bram that is expecting this someday and prepared a signature move to counter it!

Knowing full well that he might get shocked from destroying the electronics, Bohn are fully prepared to use Blood Fort to flood the electronic room while detaching his true self outside the room and make good use of the surge of electricity (in this case, the enemy's electricity) to fry everything he was going to destroy anyway! Thanks a lot!

Blood Fort + Style = 6 + 3 (chew scene) = 9

Or 18 if doubled for power level.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

Undaunted by the sailors sudden stomach exfiltration, Stricken simply placed the small robotic cockroach drone on the deck, muttered 'Scanalyze it' and watched it get to work.

She floated above it for a period of time just slightly too long to be comfortable before she spoke again, distractedly, this time to the navyman whom she had just recently freed from brainwashing.

"Uh. Huh." "But where did she go? Where is her friend? Do you know what they wanted?"

"Anyway. You should lay low, find a closet or something, I dunno. Your shipmates are still, uh, drugged?" Again, her voice trailed off. She floated awkwardly in the air for a few moments, then simply vanished...

[d8] Syndrome Boost (Flawless): 4d8o8k1+3 = 10

... into a place where a single breath would last a day. That had been way too much social interaction. Best to stay clear of everyone else for now. Figure out what was going on, figure out how to make it stop existing. The last part should be easy, the first part would be hard.

Just remembered I can't flawless a syndrome boost! Luckily the first dice was the highest so it doesn't matter for the outcome! I'm going to search through the entire ship looking for anything out of the ordinary using my time powers, so that no one will notice me doing it. If i don't find anything i'll just head to the bridge. Bonuses are style and corruption. Also letting the little drone thing Belcry gave me have a sniff at the sweet smelling vomit. Who knows, HQ might be able to make something off it?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Sorry I haven't been postin'. Last few weeks of school were kicking my rear end.

[Back Alley] - ER:25% (Condition: 4/5 (stress), Awakened)

Back Alley pocketed the room keys and headed towards the elevators. While Stranger looked for the Fundraiser downstairs, Back Alley would look upstairs. He flashed his room key at the security guarding the elevator and pressed the button for the 4th floor.

As the elevator traveled upwards, he whipped out his cell phone and texted Stranger again, "going to check in on our friend. if not back in 20 minutes come join us". The elevator dinged, the doors opened, and Ingram Brandtforth stepped out. He strolled around the forth floor, looking for room 435. When he found it, he adjusted his eyes and ears and tried to determine if anyone was inside. He was careful not to boost his nose again. Not after last time.

Rolling [d10]Angel Halo to figure out if anyone is currently in Room 435. Rolled a 9!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Tightening against the straining captive, Stranger kept 'his' face neutral and calm. The others glanced back at him and he shrugged. They turned back to their screens without another word. He half-walked, half-lurched towards the screens, leaning casually on the back of one of the other guard's chairs. He surreptitiously ran his hands overs his hips, searching for a security pass. He didn't suspect his disguise to fool them for long, but he took in everything he could, even making some small talk. He didn't want to kill the trapped guard, but one way or another he had to be disposed of. He stood up suddenly, patted down his pockets as though he had forgotten something, and told the others he 'left his damned phone in the car. No, not that one, my backup phone - the one that my mother has the number to.' He lied through his teeth until they finally let him go - but not before he had gotten what he went there for.

(Rolling (d10) Infiltrator + Corruption Bonus + Excellence = 15) to scan the room for anything useful, look at all their security cameras, and ideally bail with a security pass.)

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Nice Party

Stranger
Security Guards [d6]=3

One of the guards looks up, frowning slightly, but it seems more out of annoyance than suspicion. "You've got five minutes. And don't have it out where any of the guests can see. If any of these guys thinks you're snapping a photo of them you'll be in deep, deep trouble."

Scanning the monitors quickly you spot Back Alley's cover identity leaving the 4th floor elevator. A further glance spots your target: the Fundraiser is walking past a camera labeled "Ktchn Wst Entr.", stepping out of a pair of swinging double doors that seem to lead to the kitchens. The man is waving to someone inside and with his other hand he is eating a large, meat-heavy sandwich. He pauses outside of the door and adjusts his suit, loosening the tie and unbuttoning the top of his shirt before walking down the hallway. The camera layout is quite intuitive and you're fairly sure he's headed towards the ballroom where the party is still in full "mingle" mode.

Back Alley

Listening at the door your ears are keen enough to pick up the sound of breathing. It's regular and shallow, probably sleeping. The pitch of the snores makes you think it's a woman. The door itself doesn't look too heavy-duty but it's secured with an electronic keycard lock.

A Suspicious Factory

High-speed shrapnel tears through the rooftop, but you're already gone. You can see the guards stationed around the factory itself reacting with shock and shouting into radios.

Over your radio you hear "Look for the lights well pinpoint your target's location. We're spotted anyway" and the high-beam lights on the aerial drone flare to life. They're not full-fledged spotlights but they do succeed in clearly marking Bullet Time's location, about two thirds of the way up a cooling tower on a circular walkway. From here the figure is small but you can see her toss aside what you assume is the detonator and unlimber some sort of weapon from her back.

To clarify your approach, are you trying to find a hidden position or go ahead and try and get close enough to launch an attack?

Don't have time for a full post tonight but I'll finish up with Blood Bath and Stricken ASAP

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

oriongates posted:

To clarify your approach, are you trying to find a hidden position or go ahead and try and get close enough to launch an attack?
William always walks straight towards his target unless the situation is extremely aberrant. So yeah, full speed ahead to get to smacking range.

The target was painted. And soon to be dealt with.

Step

Aetherstep[d6]=9

Rolling Aetherstep with a +4 (Knack and Style), getting a 9. Marching on towards target.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Carrier Group 5

Stricken
This is pretty tough due to the scale of things: Ship Scan [d12]=6.

Flickering through the seconds the sailors around you look like drunken stop-motion animation. It doesn't take long to see nearly all the sailors are just as "out of it" as the one you interrogated. Several of them are manning their posts but their motions are slow and clumsy and many are just staring at monitors with their mouths slightly open. The eeriest discovery is when you come upon the battleship bunks and you find the crew who you assume are "off-duty". They're still fully dressed in their uniforms, boots and all, laying face down on their cots. They're still breathing and close observation shows that their eyes are open too...they're not asleep they're simply staring, blank-eyed at the bed underneath them.

Heading to the bridge you find several barely conscious crew on duty here as well. You don't know much about the operation of a battleship but it doesn't look like the crew are doing very much to steer or control the ship. In fact, investigating one of the monitors you see rapidly scrolling text and command prompts that seem to be filling themselves in without anyone actually inputting anything into the system. It's like the ship is running itself or being controlled from an external source.

The radio suddenly shrieks with static and the ship shudders and the sound of the engine stuttering before it steadies and resumes its steady course. Several of the sailors stumble and one actually falls over, just lying on the ground peering up at the ceiling. The radio crackles again, "We are under attack by unknown assailants attempting to damage communications systems. Keep watch for any suspicious activity." The sailors peer around as though expecting to see someone hiding in the corner, but you've already moved out of sight.

Blood Bath
Enemy will attempt to shut down power briefly to try and avoid the overload but Black Dog [d8]=7. Another point of Damage. If you keep Blood Fort Ongoing you could keep a Hazard here even if you're leaving, the radio won't last long.

Like a scene from the shining the radio room is flooded with blood, bursting the seals and overwhelming the sailors stationed there. There's the smell of burning blood before the whole place drowns in red. The speaker system sparks and dies but the radio system still seems to be live for now.

A Suspicious Factory
Since Bullet Time has the advantage of range she'll get an attack in before Wraithblade gets to her. Shooting [d10]=10

Shifting from rooftop to rooftop, eye on the target you can't help but notice that her gun seems...bigger than it did when she pulled it off her back. You were expecting a high powered rifle but it seems more like...a machine gun.

The sound of automatic gunfire tears through the night and high caliber bullets tear through the rooftop around you. Just barely audible over the weapons fire is a high-pitched laugh.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Sad.

William had of course already drawn Tchernobog before the cackling maniac before him had even unsheathed her weapon, his Neumann intuition having read her intentions before she had even consciously decided upon them.

The first bullet, one that would have hit William's left shoulder, instead impacted nothing but the impenetrable flat of his blade. The second, on its way to his thigh, met a similar fate. Now, William did not actually see the bullets, or react to them in this scenario. However, based on the type of gun, prevalent atmospheric conditions and the ever so slight trembling of the shooter's hands due to recoil he did not need to. For he already knew where each individual bullet would hit before it had even left the barrel.

All that remained was the trivial task of moving Tchernobog to intercept.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8]=20

Sad.

The girl did not even have the good sense to run.

Aetherstep [d6]=12

Not that running would help her.

Rolling Blademaster+Tchernobog with a +4 (Knack and Style) to parry the attack, getting a 20. My own action will once again be to get closer to her, rolling Aetherstep with a +4 (Knack and Style) getting a 12

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 10, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

A normal person might have qualms about walking floating into the heavily guarded bridge of an American Destroyer to try to wrest control of the ships systems from the hands of an unknown super-hacker, when they new absolutely nothing about hacking themselves.

A normal person might have second thoughts about trying to compute firing arcs whilst under point-blank attack from a room full of the US Navies Finest.

'Stricken' was not a normal person. That something might prove a hazard to her survival (that she even should care if it did) was almost as foreign to her as a mothers love or a fathers pride.
So in she floated, sub-dermally contacting UGN headquarters via her Lifeline Sensor, trying to get in contact with anyone who knew how boats worked.

Perhaps she would be lucky, and the Sailors really where as uncoordinated as they seemed. Perhaps they would suddenly find their raison d'etre and commence filling the room with lead. She cared not; she was invincible.

---

Using [d8]Undaunted Advance + [d6]Lifeline Sensor(External) to hack the bridge whilst under fire. Undaunted Advance to ignore any attempts to stop me and lifeline sensor to call an expert back at UGN HQ. Bonuses are +2 from style and +1 from corruption. Using 1 ep for Flawless.

[d8]Undaunted Advance (Flawless): 4d8o8k1+3 = 15 + [d6] Lifeline Sensor: 1d6o6k1 = 2
For a total of 17 to Seize Control of the bridge.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath

Hematology PHD to bait-ride shark with style: 9

Edit: Alternatively, if it's possible to bring a part of myself on all sharks to all other carrier to flood them, then that would be better!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 11, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Stranger had no intention of coming back, let alone in five minutes. He left the room calmly, letting the door hiss shut behind him. Then he broke into a run. Far faster than any human - and his in-depth knowledge of security camera locations allowed him to do so without fear of detection - but far slower than he wanted to go. This man within him was holding him back. His joints, his bones, and - good lord - his fat. He knew where the target was, but he needed to dump this weight first. Luckily they had a room! He opted for the stairs instead of the elevator (his 'host' could stand to lose weight anyhow), and made his way towards Back Alley's last location to get the key... then wheeled and headed towards the room instead.

Standing in front of the door, he looked both ways and then... slidoffthebody-slidunderthedoor-openedthedoorfrominside-pulledthebodyin-tiedhimupinthesheetsandgaggedhim-and...

Out stepped Stranger, wearing her evening dress once again. Not a hair out of place!

---

Coming to a full stop beside Back Alley, she quickly filled him in on what she saw on the monitors only moments ago and handed him the security pass. Seconds later, a rush of air blew past them both, ruffling their hair.

(Rolling (d8) Unnatural Speed + Corruption Bonus + Excellence = 14) to run upstairs, and dump this guy, then go and find Back Alley!)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:25% (Condition: 4/5 (stress), Awakened)

Back Alley scratched his chin. Not in the room, and no telling who was actually inside. Could be False Heart reinforcements, some civilian, or an incorrect room entirely. Back Alley reached into his jacket pocket and withdrew Plato the robotic firefly. He whispered at it, "Hey, boss, can you keep an eye on Room 435 for me? Tell me if anyone goes in or out?" He placed the firefly in an inconspicuous location and continued back towards the elevator.

On the way back, he met up with Stranger. "He's in the Ballroom now? poo poo. Can you do something to get him out of there, alone? Spill some wine on his shirt or something." He fixed his hair and took the elevator back downstairs.

Using Ex Machina's machine minions to keep an eye on Room 435, if that's okay. Rolled a 6.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Nice Party

Back Alley

The little bot scuttles under the doorway and as you head downstairs your phone vibrates. A text, it reads "Room has heavy chemical traces. Definitely the right place. Sleeping girl, probably civilian, will search around for more info."

Stranger
Not much can be done to stop you but something might still go wrong, Chance of Discovery [d4]=2.

From the doorway you can discretely keep an eye on the Fundraiser, he's now chuckly with a dignified-looking Japanese man as he shovels shrimp into his mouth directly from the tray. He's laughing at some joke you can't make out, spraying bits of shellfish. Despite the extreme rudeness no one seems to be paying him very much attention. Even the man he's speaking to is only looking down at the Fundraiser with a sort of mild bemusement and perhaps a growing amazement at the sheer quantity of shrimp being consumed.

A Suspicious Factory
Navigating the factory [d6]=4. You're now within melee range which means anywhere from right beside Bullet Time to several easily-leap-able walkways away. Going ahead and rolling initiative. You [d6]=17 vs Bullet Time [d8]=...17 What are the odds? Anyway, ties go to the PC so Wraithblade gets to strike first.

Most of the bullets are still falling to the ground as dented lumps of lead when you leave the rooftop. It is only a few more careful steps and you're within reach of your target. As you moved she continues to walk the machine-gun in an attempt to chase you down but eventually seems to realize that you're getting too close for the weapon to be effective. She simply kicks the gun off the edge of the walkway and reaches into her jacket pulling out a pair light machine pistols, swinging around to try and get you in her sights.

Carrier Group 5

Stricken
The controlling character is at Inhuman level so their roll will be doubled Black Dog [d8]=12.

The soldiers in the room pose no real threat. Only a few have the presence of mind to draw their weapons but all it takes is destroying the delicate mechanism of their guns and they are simply standing there pulling the trigger to no real effect. In fact they seem completely oblivious to the fact that they aren't actually firing any bullets or that you aren't falling to the ground full of bloody holes.

The computer system is another issue however...following simple instructions being broadcast to your Lifeline Sensor quickly leads you to dead-end after dead-end. It eventually becomes clear that the computer code is literally changing itself to prevent you from successfully opening a backdoor or cutting off outside control. In fact it is all but certain that the system is simply unhackable with your limited skills (especially as the plastic keyboard starts to smoke slightly from repeated contact with your fingers) but then the hostile system seems to falter and the radio starts spitting screeches and static. It seems like something must be wrong with the radio system which does half the job of interrupting the outside control to let you hijack the systems towards your own ends.

Within a few minutes you're in control of the ship. Fortunately because one of the sailors seems to regain some semblance of awareness and stumbles towards an alarm switch. You shut off that system before he manages to figure out how to pull it.

However, there's still a bit of a connection with the fleet's radio network and a text box pops up on your screen.

"Foolish"

"Now I know where to shoot."

With that you can see the weapons of the other ships start to change formation, bringing their weapons to bear on "your" destroyer.

The weapons systems are acting slow enough that you can take an action before they do anything. The weapons of the fleet operate on the Monstrous level

Blood Bath

:allears:

This is great. Based on my figuring, I'll say that Stricken's current predicament is going to resolve (one way or the other) a bit before you jump the shark. So I'll see what she does before moving on.

oriongates fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 15, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

With a step, he was already upon her, reacting just a fraction of a second faster than her. It was all that William needed. With a single upward sweep he struck at her arms as she fumbled for aim.

For, while it was obvious to William how completely outmatched the girl was, the fact seemed lost to her. Perhaps without her toys, she would realize the gravity of her situation, and the utter inevitability of her defeat.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8]=12

Rolling Blademaster+Tchernobog with a +4 (Knack and Style) to slash at Bullet Time, getting a 12 (recall, I have a Deadly Weapon). Also, I am Seizing Control by swatting away her weapons with some sweet kendo moves. Not releasing my Slash Through Time yet, saving it for a half-decent roll so that I can coup de grâce this fool.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Alright, they had a plan. The beginnings of one, anyhow. Judging by everything they'd seen, the Fundraiser had a plan that incorporated a multi-layered cocktail of chemicals dispersed over the course of the night. The food was one part of that, almost certainly - she had seen him coming out of the kitchen, and while he was a gluttonous bastard by all acounts, she strongly suspected there was more to it than that. Back Alley would take care of that - she didn't want him in the 'Drug Room' as much as he didn't want to be in there himself.

So that left the Fundraiser for her. She watched him, eating and talking. Watched his eyes rove around the room, taking in the fine variety of fine women. She slowly closed the distance, predatory in her walk. Slowly, it came together, as she watched him watching them. His favorite body type. His favorite complexion. His favorite hair. She kept studiously out of his view, slowly changing herself into his perfect woman. She walked past him casually, brushing her elbow against his as she walked (as though he had bumped her) and as he turned to face her, she flipped her hair langurously and smiled perfect teeth. "Oh, I beg your pardon. My name's Kelly. This is... some party, isn't it?" Coy, young, and innocent. Lost and out of her depth. Everything he'd ever wanted.

(Rolling (d10) Infiltrator + Corruption Bonus + Excellence = 12) to flirt with this guy and distract him! Just going to start making up all sorts of facts, keeping an eye/nose/sense organ out for anything untowards)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

Whilst events hadn't progressed entierly as she had imagined they would, her actions had served her purpose in the end. The enemy was exposed.
True, the enemy was exposed as living inside the computer and not as an actual person that she could punch, but then again simply punching someone had never really been her style.

She gave the situation a moments thought as the targetting algorithms of the entire Carrier Group triangulated her position.
It reminded her of what the old Branch Chief had called the 'Damocles Protocol' – a reference to some ancient parable - the codename for the fallback scenario should she ever lose control.
It had been consistently imprinted upon her that whilst the UGN did not wish to lose their most destructive asset that if they did, she would stay lost.

It would be so easy for her to let go. To bathe the ocean in annihilation, break the hackers toys over her knee, but she hesitated. Taking it too far was what got her in trouble the last time...
Her hand absent-mindedly went to her wrist, pulling up the arm of her diving suit slightly to reveal a perfectly smooth silvery device that had been granted to her by Belcry some time after the last operation.

She had never used it, although its purpose was clear enough. Through interfacing with her Lifeline Sensor, it would read her emotions, her temperature, her micro-movements. It would interpret these, somehow, and then... aid her.
It was designed to lend her far greater control of her curse. To reign it in, to focus it, as she willed. Turning it from a sledgehammer into a scalpel.

Almost casually she flared her power, floated upwards, started melting through the ceiling. She needed a better view of things, for what she was about to do.

Awakened -> Inhuman Corruption: 2d10 = 8
61 + 8 = 69

Settling a few inches above the bridge she flipped through what filters her Lifeline Sensor could offer until her entire field of vision was filled with a rough visualization of the radio part of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Then, she attempted to follow the waves to their source, or at least to the largest nearby source she could 'see'. This, she would destroy with prejudice.

---

Powering up to Inhuman then using [d10] Annihilation Field + [d6] Field Manipulation Device to attack the biggest WiFi hotspot in the area. Spending an Ep to make the attacked ranged via Projection.
Bonuses are +1 from corruption, +2 from Style and +2 from Knack if i could be said to be surrounded by enemy ships?

[d10] Annihilation Field: 2d10o10k1 18 + [d6] Field Manipulation Device (external): 1d6o6k1 3
For a total of 18 + 3 + 1 (corruption) + 2 (style) = 24 (+2 if Knack counts for a total of 26). Leaving me with one Ep spare.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:38% (Condition: 5/5, Inhuman)

Back Alley nodded at Kelly/Stranger before once again heading into the men's room. If he were going to investigate and stop the Fundraisers kitchen caper, he would need to be something More. He stepped into one of the stalls and locked the door behind him. Confident that no one was around, he closed his eyes, focused, and begin to tunelessly hum.

Powering up to Inhuman: 2d10% corruption = 13%

Holy poo poo! Back Alley threw his hands out against the wall to steady himself, nearly cracking the tile in the process. His mentor told him it would be intense, but goddamn! Back Alley took a few deep breaths, the bathroom lights stopped flickering and changing color. He had this under control. He walked out of the bathroom, back into the hallway. As he walked towards the kitchen, he spared a sidewards glance towards the Ball/Drug Room. If he could control this, he could probably also con-NO

He shook his head and continued on. He found a nice little shadowy corner. The darkness enveloped him and he faded from sight. When he made his way to the kitchen, he waited for someone to walk out and slipped through the swinging doors. Time to see what the Fundraiser is up to.

Sneaking into the Kitchen: [2d4]Stealth + 2 (Style) = 6

Powering up to inhuman and using my 2EP to turn invisible.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for helping me out here and tolerating the glacial post speed as I'm digging through some hot mess right now. I'll try my best to move things along soon. You're great.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry about it! I like the world and will keep posting whenever there is an update. :)
Also; updated my character sheet in the recruitment post will all the new stuff I bought before. Hope things sort themselves out for you soon!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I'm super busy until the 31st anyway, so delays are fine with me :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I have a vacation till June 1, so good timing for me! :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, I'm patient! I'll just keep f5ing forever just in case however!

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Nice Hotel

"Kelly"
Extremely Cunning [d10] +4=13.

The Fundraiser looks up at you and an wide grin spreads across his face, not even bothering to hide his appreciation of "Kelly"'s appearance. "It is indeed my dear, I don't believe I've had..."

He trails off for a moment and narrows his eyes slightly "...the pleasure." He then seems to relax a bit and grabs a wineglass from a nearby waiter's tray and takes a sip, humming in contentment.

"I must confess I've never been a fan of sake, so I'm thrilled at the imports they've decided to grace us with. You simply must have a taste." He holds out the wineglass to you "what was your name again?"

Your arm almost moves on its own when he offers you the glass. Your senses are not as keen as Back Alley's but you can definitely detect a strange..."musk" that seems to surround the man (there are other...more mundane smells but the man's lack of hygiene hardly seems important).

Back Alley
You can pretty much auto-succeed here since there's just some normal doofs in the kitchen.

The kitchen is full of chaos as you slip inside, but it seems to be the normal chaos you see so often in Western cooking drama shows. Everyone is rushing around preparing dishes, demanding plates be filled with tiny delicacies and so on.

Slipping around the swarm of cooks and waiters would normally be difficult but with a slight bit of focus their movements seem slow and sluggish and you can practically see where they'll be several seconds before they start moving.

Even without focusing your sense of smell all your senses are so sharpened that you quickly notice something out of place. Along one long counter is row after row of wineglasses, all currently empty. However, there is a familiar, intoxicating odor wafting from them. Your eyes are keen enough to pick out tiny droplets of liquid ever-so-faintly misting the rim of the glasses. As you watch you can see even this faint haze of moisture starting to evaporate...leaving behind a fine dusting of powder inside the glasses.

While you're taking this in someone leans their head in through the door, "The toast is in about 20 minutes. Get the drinks ready!"

I'll get more up tomorrow but I figure its better to post stuff as I write it rather than trying to wait for a chance to make a single post covering every single thing.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Suspicious Factory

Acrobatics [d8] +2 from Style =4. That's terrible. Spending an EP on Flawless to re-roll. Acrobatics [d8]+2=8. Not great and with Deadly Weapons still just enough for you to inflict a point of Injury while also Seizing Control.

Tchernobog flickers through the air between you and both of her pistols are sliced in half just millimeters shy of her fingers. As she blinks in surprise you catch her with a kick that sends her sprawling into the guard rail, which warps slightly from the impact.

Despite the solid blow she regains her feet quickly but stares in dismay at the two ruined weapons in her hands.

"My guns!? They're...they're ruined!?"

She drops them from trembling fingers.

"Without them...I'm...I'm helpless! Nooo!"

She throws back her head and howls in fear and dismay,

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT WILL I DO NOW!?"

You get the distinct impression that she may not be taking this very seriously.

The railing behind her starts to shimmer slightly and then dissolves into sparkling sand which flows towards her outstretched hand, forming itself into a Desert Eagle, which looks comically oversized in her hands. She leers at you "Oh, look at that. Another one." Then opens fire.

Morpheous Syndrome revealed! Spending EP on Excellence plus bonus from Style and Knack Shooting [d10]+6=11.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

oriongates posted:

Morpheous Syndrome revealed! Spending EP on Excellence plus bonus from Style and Knack Shooting [d10]+6=11.

Okay, so a rules question about this. If she is using her Morpheus Syndrome to attack me by making new guns, shouldn't she use Syndrome Boost instead? Like, she makes crappy short range guns (long range needs Projection, yeah?) that are poor quality enough to not count as an external trait (need Manifestation for making external traits). I mean, that's how I would read the rules.

Not that it really matters to me, since Wraithblade can trivially dodge a measly 11 :v:

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Carrier Group 5

Stricken
Short on time so I think we can just count 26 as a success. Especially given Blood Bath's sabotage.

On your AR vision you can see the radio broadcasting tower of the aircraft carrier beaming like a lighthouse. Hardly a difficult target to hit, regardless of the range.

The blast rips through the air and a crack of thunder follows as air rushes in to fill the vacuum your attack leaves behind. Half of the tower's structure simply vanishes and there's a groan of tortured metal as the remains tips and collapses. There's a flow of liquid from the base of the tower...unusually dark and not what you'd expect to be filling a structure like this. Maybe some kind of coolant?

FYI, that's just the remains of Blood Bath's blood fort, don't want the detail to get confused.

The effect is almost immediate. The guns on the boat stop tracking and their formation falters, several begin drifting in random directions. The aircraft carrier remains steady and begins to maneuver to avoid the suddenly drifting ships. Despite the destruction of its radio tower the ship itself is quite intact, the aftermath of your blast leaving little other than some scars on the surface.

Blood Bath

In blood form you flow seamlessly from the extremely frustrated fish to splatter against the side of a nearby battleship. Flowing upwards along the hull and you reconstitute yourself. Just as you become more coherent you see Stricken blast her way out of the roof of one of the other destroyers, about two ships away, float into the air and blast the hell out of the radio tower on the aircraft carrier. Looks like you left just in time.

The ship you're on shakes and you can see several of the sailors on deck wobble and fall over once they begin to drift. A rotating gun turret actually knocks one of them overboard. One of them nearby slurs something that sounds like "Bhaddle Shationsh" while flapping his hands uselessly against a nearby hatch.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Without skipping a beat, she took the glass from him, tipped her head graciously and drained the whole thing in one go. Shivering coquettishly from the carbonation, she smiled at him. "Kelly. I'm Kelly."

From the instant the liquid entered her body, 'Kelly' forced her body into overdrive. Maintaining outside appearance was crucial - she scanned other imbibers around the room, imitating subtle cues and changes in body language. She kept herself talking, babbling about whatever nonsense her character would be likely to be interested in - especially if drunk or drugged. Her digestive track altered immediately, exuding a quick-setting layer of jointed ceramic and waxy secretion, trapping the intoxicating brew in an impermeable vacuole and cutting off its access to her organs. It may already have been too late, knowing the Solaris breed - for all she knew, contact with the glass itself was enough. She deadened nerve contact to her fingertips and lips, prepared to shed the outer layers of skin if need be - though of course that would be a last resort, seeing as it would break her cover pretty thoroughly! Finally, the last redundancy - she formed and spooled up a ceramic spring, a sort of organic clockwork in her breast. She would have to actively hold it in place through force of will; if her concentration broke at any point (she hoped) it would trigger, sounding a high pitched din of alarm that would alert Back Alley.

Her cheeks flushed with sudden heat, her smile growing a trifle wider, lopsided, her eyes glazing over gently. She hoped she was playing the part perfectly - and not simply falling under his sway.

(Rolling (d6) Strange Organs + Corruption Bonus + Excellence = 10) to tank the toxin without breaking cover. That's the most important bit, the rest is mostly for flavour!)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken
Corruption: 69
Condition: (5/5 – Inhuman)

Well, that took care of the immediate danger. She absently tagged the bewildered boats as semi-neutralized on her LifeLine Sensor and took off, floating eerily a few feet above the water at great speed heading towards the carrier itself.
It seemed to still be on course so whatever was controlling everything was probably doing it from there.

On her way over, she projected her powers once more in a wide arc above the Carrier, evaporating motes of sand and dust riding on the winds, causing a shower of radiant sparks to envelop the ship entirely.

---

[d8] Obstruction: 2d8o8k1 = 6
Creating an Obstacle; EM Chaff, using 1ep with my Morpheus Syndrome (although-refluffed to better suit my power-suite) targeting the Aircraft Carrier.
Hopefully it will further disrupt whatever powers whoever is in there has going on. Unsure if bonuses apply or even if I should roll this at all? Anyway bonuses would be +2 from Style and +1 from Corruption if they do count for a total of 9.
Anyway, I am flying over to the Aircraft Carrier, intent to hunt down and kill the enemy Overed before more valuable equipment is destroyed. (By us.)

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Theantero posted:

Okay, so a rules question about this. If she is using her Morpheus Syndrome to attack me by making new guns, shouldn't she use Syndrome Boost instead? Like, she makes crappy short range guns (long range needs Projection, yeah?) that are poor quality enough to not count as an external trait (need Manifestation for making external traits). I mean, that's how I would read the rules.

Not that it really matters to me, since Wraithblade can trivially dodge a measly 11 :v:

Sorry, missed this. Basically creating "generic" props is part of the Morpheous Syndrome's basic powerset. The items created in this way don't give her a bonus unless she uses a Syndrome Boost or the Manifestation Power, but they provide her the opportunity to create weaponry as needed...it's just no better than standard weapons. If she wanted to do something that isn't "reinforced" by her other Traits (such as creating a bomb instead of a gun, or something crazier like a jetpack) then it'd need to be a Syndrome Boost. Some similar examples from other Syndromes would be things like a high-powered Hanuman running on water or a Balor standing on the side of a building.

oriongates fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 1, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fair enough!

William was not one to needlessly run his mouth when working. Not like this girl. He preferred to focus instead. And that is why he was superior.

With a single forward step and a single rightward slash the new guns joined their predecessors as worthless scrap on the floor.

Defense Roll
Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8]=12

Sparing nothing but a condescending leer to the girl against the railing, William raised Tchernobog above his head and brought it down in a massive vertical slash. At the same time, he finally released the temporal echo of the horizontal sweep he had been storing in stasis, combining the two moves in a cross-shaped attack.

This charade had continued for long enough.

Attack Roll
Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8]=15

For defense, rolling Blademaster+Tchernobog with a +4 (Knack and Style) to cleave the guns again as my defensive action getting a 12. For attack, rolling Blademaster+Tchernobog with a +4 (Knack and Style) getting a 15, as well as releasing my Slash Through Time (which was a 12), for a total of 27. She needs a 15 or better on defense to not be instagibbed.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

A Nice Party

Kelly
Looks like his roll is only a 4.

The man smiles as you down the glass, "Delicious isn't it?" Your lips and tongue tingle but you manage to slough off and swallow the inner layer along with the wine. It seems like your compartmentalization was successful. You can feel the Fundraiser's eyes weighing you as your imitate moderate intoxication.

"Kelly my dear, I'm afraid my original date was a bit tired and is resting up in my room. Would you mind joining me for the evening? I've got a bit of business to handle and I find the company of a beautiful woman such as yourself always makes dull negotiations much more pleasant."

The musky odor you detected before intensifies slightly and it becomes easier to feign intoxication as you feel yourself getting more lightheaded.

A Suspicious Factory

This poor, poor girl. Let's see Acrobatics [d8]=9/

As she her guns are sheared in half mid-shot she starts to yell, "well I'll be fu--"

Then you split into two shadowy forms as you release your bound up "strike" from earlier. Both blades plunge into the girl from opposite directions and her exclamation is cut off by a gout of blood.

You pull the blades free and your curled timeline catches up with you, collapsing the twin possibilities back into one shape. There's a hollow wooden sound as she collapses to the metal walkway.

...or more accurately what appears to be a life-sized wooden puppet, deep gouges in the torso and the girl's coat around its shoulders.

"Well. The old man is going to be thrilled to meet you. It's been a while since he's had a good brawl."

Above you is the girl, hanging upside down from a metal pole that seems to have simply grown from the side of the structure. "Are you seriously here alone? I figured someone would be assaulting the factory while we were playing around...you sure you want to try this whole lone wolf thing?"

She snaps her fingers and there's a clinking sound at your feet. You glance down and can see what appears to be several pairs of handcuffs have manifested around your legs, chaining you to the walkway. "And people call me crazy. At least I have backup around."

The whole "ninja vanish" thing is just a way to show her Powering Up to Inhuman, wiping out the Damage she took. She's using Obstruction to create a [d8] Opposing Force in order to hold you in place.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vacation post: Bohn will keep deatroying the comm center the same way and shark travel to next ship. Roll for me thk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

William merely stared at the girl impassively. The fool risked nothing but her sanity by continuing to escalate against impossible odds.

Did she really think she could win?

With a deft hand and a pair of micrometer-precise slashes, William struck at the cuffs at his feet without so much as touching the clothing beneath.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8]=23

For my action, rolling Blademaster+Tchernobog with a +6 (Knack and Style and Excellence) to break the cuffs.

• Locked thread