Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley]

Lucas Whitfeld was hard at work in the manager's office of Empyreal, balancing the books, setting up gigs and promotions and whatnot, when he was interrupted by a buzz from his cellphone. He sighed as he saw the all-too-familiar "Unlisted Number" on the device's display. Goddamn it, time to drop everything he was doing and see what they needed this time. He closed the lid on his laptop and answered the call.

- - -

Back Alley cruised down the highway in Jezebel, his prize sports car, being careful to keep up with the cargo trucks while also not arousing their suspicion. He was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel in time with the music coming from the car's sound system; one of the silver linings of this whole thing was that music sounded incredible to him now.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the first one. Some kind of attack helicopter. Great. Back Alley snapped out of his musical reverie and begin to scan around for any other threats, quickly noticing the second helicopter flying about an equal distance from the trucks as the the first. He turned down the radio and spoke into the headset they had given him for this mission, "I see a couple of armed helicopters a ways out, but not so far they can't join in if we start some trouble." He turned the radio back on, the sounds of electronica filling the car.

There WAS something else he could do; a usage of his new powers he had been practicing. He winked at an attractive lady driving in the lane next to him and gunned Jezebel's engine, pulling up alongside the cargo trucks. Back Alley took a couple of deep breaths and focused, willing his eyes to see things in a different way. He would try to see through the outside of the cargo trucks.

Gonna spend 1 EP (Syndrome Boost) to try and x-ray vision the trucks. Gonna use [d10] Pure Breed (Angel Halo) and [d6] Really Cool Sports Car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley]

Back Alley blinked as his eyes returned back to seeing the visible spectrum. That was never not going to be weird. He turned downed the radio and pushed the transmit button on his headset again, "Just had a looksee at the inside of those trucks. Back truck's carrying one big one and the front truck has two smaller ones, one of which looks like it's still breathin'. It'll be the person-ish one. Just waitin' on your word now, boss."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened)

Back Alley replied to Belcry over the headset, "You got it, boss." He pulled in behind the cargo trucks and began honking his horn, pretending to be stuck in traffic. As he did this, he contemplated how best to take care of a helicopter.

Gonna be Charging Up too. Is a Syndrome Boost sufficient to blot out a helicopter's optics/cockpit or does that require something a bit more powerful?

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley glanced towards the glove box, debating on whether or not to take out the large caliber handgun stashed there. If he focused, he could probably make the shot and hit something important, like a camera or the fuel line. But firing a gun would freak out all the civvies nearby and make things complicated, especially since this was a highway.

Maybe if he met the chopper halfway he could do something a bit more subtle. He pulled Jezebel out from behind the trucks and began to look for a route to whichever helicopter Stricken wasn't dealing with.

Moving to [Near] range for the other chopper.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 4, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley sped towards the rapidly unfolding scene between Wraithblade and the helicopter. Looks like the Jason-looking guy wanted to scare it away, which Back Alley was more than happy to assist with.

He began to do the breathing exercises he was taught, feeling out the streams of photons that traveling into the helicopter's sensors and cabin. With a single snap of his fingers, they were extinguished, plunging the inside of the cabin into darkness and rendering any cameras the helicopter had useless. At least that was the plan.

Using a syndrome boosted [d10]Angel Halo to keep the helicopter pilot from seeing anything outside of the helicopter. Rolled a 5 which includes a +2 from style, since the pilot is (hopefully) unaware of me.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley guided Jezebel to the highway's shoulder and put her in park, dodging panicking civilians. He blacked out his face and put on the stark white duster jacket he had stashed in the passenger side floorboards. Showtime.

He slowly and deliberately strutted up behind the Gjaum and grabbed its arms, pinning them behind its back. He wouldn't be able to hold it for long, but hopefully it was enough to allow Wraithblade to land a crippling blow.

Teaming up with Wraithblade! Using an Excellence boosted [d8]Brawling = 1 + 2 (Excellence) = 3 (or 5 if the Gjaum is surprised by me.)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"Perhaps that wasn't the best idea.", Back Alley thought as he tried to get acidic Gjaum fluid off of his clothes. Thankfully, all of it ended up on his hands or on his trenchcoat, which he had spares of. After a few futile attempts, he gave up and walked back to Jezebel, dumping the ruined coat in the trunk. No way is he gonna get corrosive poo poo on a fine, Italian leather interior.

He radioed in, "Job's done, boss. I'm gonna go check on our American friends. Anything you want me to do with them?"

Back Alley began walking towards the nearest helicopter.

Checkin' on the helicopters~

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"You got it, boss.", Back Alley, face still blacked out, whispered into his headset. He creeped up on the arguing soldiers and interrupted their conversation with a loud throat clear, "Hey, you fellas look like you could use a ride, especially considering..." Back Alley motioned vaguely in the direction of the most recently destroyed helicopter. "Come on, we'll take my car."

"Oh, and be glad that it's me doing this and not my friend with the katana."

Using Excellence boosted [d6]Deescalation = 5 + 2 for style equals 7 on these soldiers so they chill out and don't shoot me with sidearms or whatever.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"Hey, boss, cleanup crew's taking care of these two. Need me for anything else?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"You got it!", Back Alley replied as he rushed back to where he parked Jezebel, relieved that whatever the creepy floating girl did to the other cars didn't touch his prized sports car. As he turned the ignition key, the car's powerful engine roared to life. He carefully maneuvered around any remaining derelict cars and sped towards Yokata Air Base.

As he drove, Back Alley was delighted to find out that His Jam was on the radio. He sang along, making sure to hit all the high notes.

Gonna roll [d6]Really Cool Sports Car with excellence to get there in time! Rolled a 7!

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 11, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"Yep!", Back Alley exclaimed, an undercurrent of glee in his voice. He stepped on the gas, leaving the dumbfounded soldiers in the dust. He sped through the base, following Belcry's helicopter and grateful that he didn't have to force his way through the gate; Jezebel was too good to be shot at! When he reached his destination, he swerved to a stop near the helicopter. After taking a minute to ask the UGN pilot to look after his car, he causally strolled inside the hanger.

He looked around the inside of the hanger, taking in as many details as possible. "drat, boss. What do you think did this?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

Back Alley smirked, "Aww, boss, looks like they don't think much of us." He cracked his knuckles and began to shift from foot to foot, "Too bad for them."

[d8]Brawling with Excellence: 9

Back Alley danced towards the nearest Gjaum, twirling into a spinning backfist to the Gjaum's face. He followed up with a leg sweep, knocking the Gjaum prone. He then lifted his leg as high as it would go, intending to bring the heel of a designer shoe down on the Gjaum's neck.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

For my defense last round, I'll do a retroactive total defense using a syndrome boosted [d10]Pure Blood (Angel Halo) to blind the Gjaum that attacked me. Rolled an 8, so I took one point of damage.

Back Alley withdrew a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the blood from his knuckles and mouth, cursing himself for his carelessness. At least the Gjaum weren't corrosive like the last one.

At the Ra'id's order, Back Alley nodded and replied, "Coming right up." He closed his eyes and began to rhythmically breathe in and out, willing a veil of gentle, white light around him. With a thought, he pushed the veil *out*, attempting to light up as much of the basement sublevel as possible.

Syndrome boosting [d10]Pure Blood (Angel Halo) to light up the area. Rolled a 16!

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 20, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

Back Alley glanced sideways at the weird blood guy breaking the world record for fastest traversal through the 5 Stages. Nope, not touching that one. Guy looked like he needed some space, anyway.

He squinted down the hallway at the dead soldiers and tried the subvocal function on his radio, "Boss, I see signs of a struggle down the hall. Seems to match what you're saying...ugh this thing feels weird." He joined Ra'id and William as they went down the hallway, "Also, I just want you to know that you picked the weirdest safe words ever."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:25% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened)

Gonna spend my xp on getting brawling to [d10] and a signature power.

Back Alley groggily woke up and tried to check a watch that wasn't there. He sat up and listened intently to what happened. No wonder he felt like garbage, considering what they got hit with. He spoke up, "Hey, how long have we been out?" Hopefully it wasn't too long. Jared would be pissed at him for missing work otherwise. And the ol' bender excuse only works so many times.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Hey, Orion, did you ever hash out the mechanical details for my special of masking an attack with mirror images?

Back Alley frowned as they brought out the few items that weren't destroyed. A perfectly good outfit, gone. And worse, his car keys! He turned towards Ra'id, "I hate to do this, boss, but I gotta ask you to reimburse me for this one. I gotta head back home, make sure nobody thinks I'm dead. I'll make some calls, see if I can't find someone who knows any of those jerks, and come in for debriefing later. Deal?" Now, how to get Jezebel out of here without keys? Back Alley pondered this before inspiration struck him. "Hey, stretchy guy! Come with me, I need ya for something."

A few minutes and a finger(?) jammed in the ignition later, Jezebel was off.

- - -

Lucas entered his apartment, thanking his landlord for letting him in as he closed the door. He snapped his finger and pointed at his sound system, sending a perfectly practiced sequence of infrared light into the receiver. (Yet another silver lining.) As his stereo blared away, he set himself towards making a delicious omelette, which he enjoyed immensely. (He often wondered how some of the others put up with all this without superhuman senses enhancing everything.)

He spent a moment pacing around the apartment, thinking of his next move. poo poo was going to get real(er) soon, so Lucas judged it prudent to engage in some practice while he still had the opportunity. He wrapped his hands up and moved over to the worn punching bag he had hanging in the corner.

- - -

After an intense workout, Lucas stood in the shower, eyes closed. Unlike the other UGN agents, Back Alley was not formally trained, relying instead on self teaching. However, he was given the email of a veteran Angel Halo, who operated somewhere in North America, to ask for advice from. Lately, his mentor had been recommending that he train in the shower or on rainy days, as the refraction from the falling water made things more challenging. He shifted the wall through the ROYGBIV pattern, before trying to color as many individual tiles differently as possible. Confident that he had done enough practice for now, he turned off the water and stepped out. Hmm, what about some kind of vest today?

- - -

Cleaned, groomed, and dressed, Back Alley lounged on the couch, going through his cell's list of contacts. His talk with Jared had gone about as well as it could have gone; he was pissed initially but calmed down once Lucas explained that he was involved in the Yokata Incident. He told Jared that he spent all night in quarantine because of a chemical spill or something and answering questions for police and government reports. Jezebel could even be seen in some of the news footage! All in all, one of the better excuses he had used, more or less the truth! For now though, Back Alley was speaking to his various contacts and sources, trying to figure out if any of them had ever seen or known any of the False Hearts.

Gonna roll [d6]Contacts: Nightclub Owner with Excellence to gather some info on our terrorist buddies. If Overeds are anything like vampires, they fukken love nightclubs! I rolled a 9!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley raised his hand to speak, "I'd like to do the hotel infiltration. I should be able to track down the Fundraiser guy pretty easily; Solaris guys tend to smell a little...off. There's one other thing, though." Back Alley stood up, brandishing a legal pad, "I did some digging yesterday and I managed to get some info on Poison Orchid and her Russian friend."

"Seems they've been frequenting some of the sketchier parts of town. Russian's put a couple of thugs in the hospital and they've also been seen around the Black Box. I don't know if all of you are familiar with this particular establishment, but it's not a good place. If there's a bar for mercenaries, the Black Box is it. However, there is something more troubling. Orchid's apparently been recruiting people from various clubs and bars around town, and I'm not sure it's willing." Back Alley took a sip of water and continued, "That's all I have for now. I've told my sources to let me know if they hear anything else about the Cell."

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 6, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley checked his watch; plenty of time before the fancy party. He addressed the little robotic insect, "Heh, you got it boss. Hey, Stranger! Meet me in the garage when you're done with your thing." He got out of his chair and left the room, casually strolling toward the new rec room. Due to his status as a reserve agent/informant, Back Alley never really spent a great deal of time at the UGN base. When he was there, it was usually for mission briefings/preparation, check-ins, and the occasional medical examination. Now that he thought about it, he never visited the old rec room.

As the automatic doors to the rec room slide open, Back Alley noticed, among other things, that it had a pinball machine! Back Alley immediately went over to it and began to play.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley miscalculated and the last of the machine's metal balls fell down the drain. Still, he had managed to get enough points for a high score, being one of the first people to play a game on it. As he entered his initials, he spoke to Plato, "I used to play a lot of these when I was a kid, but I saw less and less as I got older. This country has a bunch of pachinko, but it's just not the same."

"I gotta tell ya, boss, it's not a pretty picture. I didn't know that Poison Orchid specialized in the virus. Those people she shanghaied are probably all Gjaum now, maybe what they're testing Schism on. I've come closer to becoming one of those things than most, I think, and nobody deserves that, much less being experimented on. We gotta stop them."

His business with the Addams Family concluded, he walked over to the rec room's cooler and got himself an ice cold soda, "Was there anything else, boss? I gotta get ready for the mission. Nice rec room, by the way."

When his conversation with Ex Machina was over, Back Alley walked to the UGN parking garage and waited patiently for Stranger.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley leaned against the side of his car, "Jared is my partner in my 'day' job. The whole thing at the air force base caused me to miss out on work, so he was probably trying to reach me for that." Back Alley sighed, "And, yeah, this whole double life thing does put some stress on me, to be honest. I'm worried people are starting to think I'm wrapped up in something, no offense, shady, instead of just being flaky."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

It took Back Alley a moment to parse the question. "Wait, you mean like a robot copy or something? I- I don't know if I'm comfortable with that, boss. I'd have to to sleep on it." The boss DID seem to be really good at robots, but was he so good as to make a robot that could effectively BE him?

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

A few hours before the party...

Back Alley stood in front of his bathroom mirror, getting his face just right. While changing faces was routine for Stranger, it was a bit more challenging for Back Alley. He had to painstakingly craft an illusion over his face that was convincing from all angles and didn't look funny if he did something like blink or open his mouth. Fortunately, this mission had some leeway in terms of alternate identities and disguises, so Back Alley took the quick and dirty route.

Instead of changing his whole face, Back Alley had decided to only alter a few details. He was going to go as a silver fox type older man, believably rich without Back Alley's muscular frame looking too out of place. He made a few details on his face look a little different, added some wrinkles and changed the color of his hair and eyes. He walked out of the bathroom to show off his handiwork to a waiting Stranger, "How's this look?"

- - -

Mr. Brandtforth had made quite the entrance, pulling up to the party in an expensive imported sports car and in the company of a beautiful woman that was at least half his age. The fact that they were wearing matching emerald green finery was just icing on the cake. (Back Alley was pleased that Stranger went along with this; he didn't have to recolor his tuxedo!) He immediately decided to head over the hors d'oeuvres table to sample some high class snacks. As he enjoyed a bit of calamari, Back Alley sniffed the air carefully.

The Fundraiser was believed to be a Solaris, and Solaris tended to smell a little funny. Some smelled TOO good, far better than any cologne or perfume. Others smelled almost normal, the chemical stench underneath their skin going unnoticed by normal people. And a select few (usually Gjaum) just had the stench of a paper mill or some other industrial location.

As Back Alley sniffed, the Renegade virus made his nose more and more sensitive. Bloodhounds had nothing on an Angel Halo.

Rolling a syndrome boosted [d10] Angel Halo = 5 to find the Fundraiser.

There were too many smells here; Back Alley was finding it hard to sort through them all. He was interrupted by 'Kelly' rejoining him. He leaned toward her and spoke in a loud whisper, "Kelly, my dear, touching the ice sculptures is rather gauche, don't you think?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:25% (Condition: 4/5 (stress), Awakened)

Back Alley's hand almost unconsciously moved to his tuxedo pocket, grasping at a an old sobriety token. This was bad. 'Mr. Brandtforth' cleared his throat and addressed 'Kelly', "I would like a smoke, care to join me outside?"

When they were a safe distance away from any prying ears, Back Alley whispered to Stranger, "I'm sorry but I can't stay in there. I, uh, don't know how much the boss has told you about me, but let's just say I used to have...problems. You probably shouldn't go in there either if you can avoid it. I get the feeling whatever's in those statues isn't the only thing on the menu."

When the two went their separate ways, Back Alley casually walked to the nearest bathroom to splash some cold water on his face, the illusory parts subtly rippling and distorting as the water passed through them. He hadn't inhaled enough to really lose control or get Cravings for more, but it was enough to scare the poo poo out of him. Good thing he caught it early. He took a few deep breaths and walked back outside.

'Mr. Brandtforth' casually strolled towards the hotel reception. Stranger was working on accessing the building's security cameras to more easily locate the Fundraiser, but it would help if he knew where to start looking. 'Mr. Brandtforth' sauntered up to the desk and flashed the receptionist on duty a prize winning smile. A subtle glint of light that was totally not put there by Angel Halo powers shined off his teeth.

"Excuse me, miss. I am supposed to meet a friend of mine in his room, but I think he gave me the wrong number. Can you help me find him? His name is James Watson."

Back Alley thought the emerald green tux was working for him. Sure, he looked fantastic in it, like he belonged at this fancy party. But there was something else going for it. Perhaps an air of harmless eccentricity?

Rolling [d8]Style with excellence = 14 to charm this receptionist into giving room info on the Fundraiser. When/if I get this info, I'll text it to Stranger's cell phone.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Brandtforth continued smiling and and nodded understandingly at the receptionist, "I understand, don't worry about calling him; I have his number. While I'm here, I would like to check in. My reservation should be under the name Brandtforth. First name Ingram."

Empyreal was only a few blocks away from the Palace, and was one of the places the hotel's staff liked to go to blow off steam. Lucas Whitfield might've known a couple of the hotel's employees. Lucas might've also pulled some strings and called in some favors to secure a room for a certain wealthy VIP from out of town.

Rolling [d6]Connections: Night Club Owner with Excellence = 7 to get my hands on a room key.

Regardless of how that went, Back Alley glanced at the receptionist's name tag before responding, "Thank you, Aoi, you've been very helpful." He smirked to himself as he walked away from the front desk, pulling out his cell phone. He punched in Stranger's cell phone number and sent a text consisting of, "room 435"

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 22, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Sorry I haven't been postin'. Last few weeks of school were kicking my rear end.

Back Alley pocketed the room keys and headed towards the elevators. While Stranger looked for the Fundraiser downstairs, Back Alley would look upstairs. He flashed his room key at the security guarding the elevator and pressed the button for the 4th floor.

As the elevator traveled upwards, he whipped out his cell phone and texted Stranger again, "going to check in on our friend. if not back in 20 minutes come join us". The elevator dinged, the doors opened, and Ingram Brandtforth stepped out. He strolled around the forth floor, looking for room 435. When he found it, he adjusted his eyes and ears and tried to determine if anyone was inside. He was careful not to boost his nose again. Not after last time.

Rolling [d10]Angel Halo to figure out if anyone is currently in Room 435. Rolled a 9!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley scratched his chin. Not in the room, and no telling who was actually inside. Could be False Heart reinforcements, some civilian, or an incorrect room entirely. Back Alley reached into his jacket pocket and withdrew Plato the robotic firefly. He whispered at it, "Hey, boss, can you keep an eye on Room 435 for me? Tell me if anyone goes in or out?" He placed the firefly in an inconspicuous location and continued back towards the elevator.

On the way back, he met up with Stranger. "He's in the Ballroom now? poo poo. Can you do something to get him out of there, alone? Spill some wine on his shirt or something." He fixed his hair and took the elevator back downstairs.

Using Ex Machina's machine minions to keep an eye on Room 435, if that's okay. Rolled a 6.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:38% (Condition: 5/5, Inhuman)

Back Alley nodded at Kelly/Stranger before once again heading into the men's room. If he were going to investigate and stop the Fundraisers kitchen caper, he would need to be something More. He stepped into one of the stalls and locked the door behind him. Confident that no one was around, he closed his eyes, focused, and begin to tunelessly hum.

Powering up to Inhuman: 2d10% corruption = 13%

Holy poo poo! Back Alley threw his hands out against the wall to steady himself, nearly cracking the tile in the process. His mentor told him it would be intense, but goddamn! Back Alley took a few deep breaths, the bathroom lights stopped flickering and changing color. He had this under control. He walked out of the bathroom, back into the hallway. As he walked towards the kitchen, he spared a sidewards glance towards the Ball/Drug Room. If he could control this, he could probably also con-NO

He shook his head and continued on. He found a nice little shadowy corner. The darkness enveloped him and he faded from sight. When he made his way to the kitchen, he waited for someone to walk out and slipped through the swinging doors. Time to see what the Fundraiser is up to.

Sneaking into the Kitchen: [2d4]Stealth + 2 (Style) = 6

Powering up to inhuman and using my 2EP to turn invisible.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Corruption: 1d10 = 2

Back Alley stroked his chin, considering how to deal with all the wine glasses in front of him. While he could just sweep them off the table, now probably wasn't the time for ghost/suspiciously strong gust of wind/Obviously Invisible Man antics. There was always the option of starting a fire and letting the sprinklers deal with them, but there was a good chance that the Fundraiser would be spooked by the fire alarms going off. "Hmm, what about an 'unfortunate accident' instead?", Back Alley thought to himself.

He effortlessly slid underneath the table the glasses were being kept on and began loosening the table legs with his bare hands, trivial for his Renegade powered strength. The kitchen and everyone in it was too busy to notice or hear him doing this. With the table made properly wobbly, Back Alley slid out of from underneath the table and waited. He did not have to wait long. One of the hotel's sommeliers approached the table, only to trip over Back Alley's outstreched and invisible foot.

Somewhere, a slide whistle could be heard. Well, if it wasn't being drowned out by the sound of a table falling over followed by breaking glass, that is.

As the kitchen erupted into chaos, Back Alley coolly strolled out through the swinging door, resisting the urge to whistle innocently as he did so. He headed back in the direction of the Ball Room; he couldn't go inside, but he could still keep an eye on Stranger/Kelly from afar.

Going to cause Wacky Prank Show Antics using [2d4]Stealth + 2 (from style) = 8! Also spending 2EP to maintain my invisibility!

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 8, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley watched Stranger fake the drugged up funk with fascination and just a twinge of revulsion. His Renegade fueled senses allowed him to (at least partly) see some of Stranger's inner workings, which seemed hard at work sequestering tainted wine. Back Alley's x-ray studies of what passed for anatomy in Stranger's amorphous body were interrupted by a high frequency whine coming from the shapeshifting spy's body followed by a buzzing from his cell phone. Back Alley whipped it out, adjusting his invisibility field to adjust for the light from the screen. Aaaaand Stranger got the Fundraiser!

Back Alley broke into a brisk stroll towards the stairwell, slipping past the guard when he looked away. Once inside and out of earshot of anyone else, he sprinted up the stairs to the floor 'his' room was on. Hopefully he could make it there before them.

Spending 2 EP to maintain invisibility and rolling [2d4]Stealth + 2 (style) = 8 to get to the room before Stranger and the Fundraiser can!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley saw and heard everything. The brief change in body language. Stranger's subvocal command to the robo-moth. Looks like a change of plan was in order. Back Alley followed the Fundraiser into the bathroom, slipping in before the door closed behind him. He stood in an out of the way location, watching the target, attempting to take as few breaths as possible around the possibly toxic man. His attention was diverted for a moment by a large man, probably a bouncer, entering.

Upon closer (x-ray) inspection, however, the bouncer turned out to be Stranger; Back Alley waited for him to make the first move. As Stranger lunged at him, the Fundraiser's shadow peeled away to reveal Back Alley, face blacked out and tuxedo colored bright red with an ever-shifting floral pattern.

"Word of advice, pal?"

Back Alley brought his arm around the Fundraiser's neck, putting him in a chokehold.

"Married women are always more trouble then they're worth."

Rolling [d10]Brawling + 2 (style) to put this nerd in a chokehold. Rolled a 9! Also I would like this to be stress damage.
Rolling [d6]Dance + 2 (style) for initiative. Rolled a 7!

Question for orion: If I'm dropping invisibility this round, do I still have to pay to maintain invisibility or can I use my EP on other stuff?

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 14, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Yeah, I'll stay powered up.

[Back Alley] - ER:40% (Condition: 5/5, Inhuman)

Corruption: 1d10 = 2%

Stranger was trying to feed the Fundraiser some bullshit; Back Alley figured he might as well go along with it."Who said you could talk, rear end in a top hat?", Back Alley snarled, temporarily tightening his grip on Fundraiser's neck. "The boss has had his eye on you for a while now, and you had to go and try to drug and rob his guests.", Back Alley tsked, "Very rude. So now he wants us to do this the hard way."

As Stranger attempted to engulf the Fundraiser, Back Alley took the opportunity to give the sleazy bastard an Ocular Patdown. He swept his enhanced vision over Fundraiser, looking through his clothes, looking through his skin. Back Alley didn't want to risk the chance he had some kind of subdermal tracking device or a weapon.

Spending 1EP on a Syndrome Boost so I can xray frisk this guy. [d10]Angel Halo = 4.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

poo poo, man, that's rough. I'll still be here, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Back Alley smelled the pheromones coming, but was not able to keep himself from absorbing the Fundraiser's chemicals. Lucas felt a wave of panic, his tuxedo momentarily changing into a chaotic blur of color. No, no, no, this was the exact thing that got him into this mess in the first place! He took a deep breath and tried to mentally talk himself down.

Rolling [d6]Deescalation for defense and spending 1EP on excellence. Rolled an 11! Suck it Fundraiser!

He was still in control. A little hazy, but still in control. And most importantly, he felt like he hadn't violated his pledge. His tuxedo shifted to various soothing shades of blue, which gently swirled around. He opened his mouth to speak, "Aw dammit, Black Widow, we've got ourselves a talker. Listen here you little goblin, you're comin' with us whether you like it or not and after the poo poo you tried to pull, Mr. Kamishiro is practically paying by the bruise." Back Alley lazily watched as Stranger grabbed the Fundraiser and snapped his fingers. All the light around the Fundraiser's head was redirected elsewhere, leaving him blinded.

Using my other EP to create an Obstruction of [d10] strength.

He smirked as Stranger shoved the little man's head into a toilet, "Oh yeah, is there anything you wanna say to the chick you've got upstairs or do you think she'll be too roofied out to hear me?"

• Locked thread