Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, another Rune Factory LP to follow, nice!

I'll probably quickly switch my vote to someone else's better suggestion, but to start things off I say we call our farmer warrior Donnel (or Donny), and his domain shall be the EXP Farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hah, I didn't even know you did a Fire Emblem LP, I was just trying to think of some farmer-warrior to name him after.

Anyway, I only have RF3, so I don't know what's gonna happen here. Mist already seems pretty suspicious though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Last Transmission posted:

To her Donny smells like a sucker.

Must be a toxic asset. I bet Mist got taken in by the real estate bubble right before it burst.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

silversatyr posted:

Wait, there's another one?

Yeah, of RF4 to be exact - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759496

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, didn't think we'll find ourselves in a planned community.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought so too, but it makes sense considering he's just figuring out he's been conned into servitude in a really dumb way. I'd be pretty embarrassed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One thing's for sure, which is that Donny shouldn't ever marry Mist. We mustn't let the Stockholm Syndrome win!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LordHippoman posted:

: I hope you stay in the town for a long time.

As someone pointed out earlier, Godwin’s similar look to Dracula makes this sound pretty shady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35dUj5kG90

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Submit any names you like for:
Orcs Mook e: & Dorc
Orc Archers Archie
Bees Killer

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 18, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
For a second I wondered how Mist strolled into the boss room with no problems, but since you need to destroy all the spawners to get there I suppose it's fair to expect that you cleared the cave.

As for names:

Goblin Archer - Green
Chirori - SlappySecret

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 2, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Either way's fine by me.

Though I'll be honest, I don't really remember who all the bachelorettes are. Mist butts into every update almost so she's hard to forget, and there's Jasper's daughter who's actually pretty nice since she gives you stuff (giving you gifts to raise your affection perhaps?).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

1 Melody; Rosetta

I didn't even think Lara and Tabatha would be bachelorettes, though actually in other games nurses at least tend to be when I think about it.

I'm mostly voting for Rosetta because of the pun with the name and quest (needing to find Rosetta's Stone :hurr: ). Melody is just pretty cool, and if she wins out I hope marrying her won't ruin bathing in this case.

e: actually, now that I think about it, Rosetta reminds me of a character from Azure Dreams, so...

1 Rosetta

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 23, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I remember those apple critters from the third game.

If you use that neutralizing agent on one of the poison tiles, does it stay neutralized forever, or does it go back to poisoned next time you visit the cave?

As for a slime name, call it Rocket. Or actually.. Is there a blue slime-recolor? If so I'd like to save the name for that one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IAmTheRad posted:

If the slime was a ghost I'd want to name it Clyde.

But it's a slime. A Rocket slime perhaps.

There's supposedly a blue slime later on, we should save that name for that!

Oh, and while I'm at it, call the Reeno a RINO. I like his anti-Donnel actions, but a REAL conservative would have actually killed him by now! And then erased the save!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Good thing the Grand Mage's first name isn't Draziw..

Also if Micah wasn't such a good name for the wooly I'd suggest Sheep.

For the little mage call him Vivi.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

Wait what? Half Wooly? :psyduck: Can he shear himself?

Nah, but when in Wooly form he becomes a Kung Fu Master. Or was it a pro wrestler? It's been a while since I played it. He's more badass than he looks anyway.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

I'm afraid to ask, which of the two is he?

He's both.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How many different colored herbs does this game have? I decided to try RF3 again, and there's like 10 of them for some reason. Why so many?? There's 3 different green ones, and the weeds are green too. Makes skimming over a field more difficult.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Off the top of my head, it's green coloured grass, medicinal herb and antidote herb. They all have wildly different shapes, even when you add weeds being green to that list.

Yeah, obviously when you look closely they're more than different enough, but when running along skimming the fields it gets harder to differentiate. It's more of an issue in the house farm since that's where you have big fields.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wayne posted:

(but not the weirdest, the mermaid wields a giant fish, which jumped her up the ranks in my estimation a bit)

Haha, I was actually going to woo Fish Girl (named the protag Chip in preparation), but she ended up having annoying dialogue so I'm going for someone else.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Pssh, go big and carpet your land with crops! Solve your problem by not having space for them to begin with! Until a tornado comes through..

I need room for wood to show up. Gotta get those upgrades!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ginga will protect you from bears.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So... I'm assuming if you wanted to, you could ignore cave spelunking for a year or two and Cecilia would be stuck there for all that time?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HardDisk posted:

I'm so happy to get this. :geno:

She's half-ghost, her default emotion is sadness and/or anger. For her being emotionless is joy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did someone mention something about a cursed stone before? It sounded familiar. If two people are mentioning it it must have plot significance.

For the Troll and Titan, call one Gog and the other Magog.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, in that case there's a chance it's just world-building, but I doubt it. Or maybe it's like a mechanic where you can find a cursed stone when mining or something.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Was Cecilia sickly when she was younger before she gave this pebble to Felicity? Also everyone knows a cursed stone doesn't make you sick, it just weighs a lot and you can't get rid of it normally.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, what's the point of the neutralizers if it's not permanent? In the third game they are, though those poison tiles only appear on farmable tiles in the wild and not just in your way and they can appear randomly like any other thing that can appear on a farmable tile (sticks, rocks, herbs, etc').

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They appear in the first cave too. Glad they didn't put them in this way in the third game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna capture a giant chicken I tell's ya, a giant chicken!

Okay, maybe not so giant, but call it Boo.

Or maybe it's not a chicken at all, but Evil itself.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 22, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

sandorius posted:

##vote
1 Melody

I can't help but wonder if she'll wear that hat to her wedding.

... Yes! Gonna find my vote and switch it!

##vote
1 Melody

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 23, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LordHippoman posted:

Also now accepting names for any of the Mt. Gigant creatures:
Spider

Brick

I think it's only fair to give Jasper the Curry. It was his wine after all.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If she takes off the hat then she ain't marriage material anyway. Hopefully Sharron will keep the neck cage.

Also wow Jasper, that's rude. We gave away youra priceless bottle of wine for it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Of course the animals love grass, so should everybody :420:

This was a(n) fine update, keep'em coming!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe the whole Sharron "storyline" is a reverse Lady of the Lake thing. Instead of her giving The Chosen One the sword The Chosen One gives it to her. Also they get married. And it's more of an Excalipur really.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Another thing RF3 did better? Your house grew automatically after you advanced the plot. I don't remember how much wood the double-bed required, but I doubt it was this ridiculous.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, one thing I don't like about RF3 (I don't know if it's the same in here) is that you need to manually carry axed logs to the log storage. I know they're needed for some crafting stuff, but I think it would have been so much better if they automatically went to storage and you could just take logs out for crafting if you want. I actually don't think you can take logs out of storage, so even if you have 1000 logs in log storage but no stumps/sticks in sight or any logs in the inventory then you're out of luck if you need one. I guess some enemies can drop logs/sticks.

On the other hand, another great thing about RF3 is that you can actually fight okay with your tools once they're upgraded and you have good magic and/or skills! So if you really want you can go "weaponless" to save on inventory space. Skills let you ignore the tools' normally crappy attack animations while taking advantage of their upgraded stats (hammer, axe), and some tools are really great for magic when upgraded (watering can, fishing rod maybe?).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wayne posted:

You're right, and I think that does make carrying lumber -> depositing it better than it automatically getting stored and you having to retrieve it. I can't think of a good way to make it work without over-complicating RF's stacking and one-action-button system. It helps that you don't need a ton of lumber, either; I have 4 barns and almost all the furniture and never went on a chopping spree, just cleaning out the fields once a month (which gives you free seeds and stuff for using in the pharmacy anyway).

What I'd do is make an action point on the log storage spawn chopped wood next to you rather than you picking it up directly. You press the button X times, then go to the spawn point to grab all the wood. Is there a reason to hold wood except for crafting (and a present for RAINBOW)?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yay, free from the lumber grind!

Of course soon you'll be haunted... By your ghost-wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If he can't bother to pay a premium on it, then he obviously doesn't care about Rosetta that much. Maybe you'll run into a markkeen-eyed traveller later who'll appreciate the stone's True Value. Keep it.

• Locked thread