Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
that's right, 800 pages all about computers and computer related stuff. what sort of stuff?

computers? yeah, we've got that!

donald trump and hillary clinton? sure, they probably use computers.

pictures of animals? haha why not?

pittsburgh more like puttsburgh, public transport, and apple slices on gourmet sandwiches? yep, yep, and a big yep

as you can see this thread has somethng to offer everyone, so welcome to the all new computer megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a novel topic of discussion

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Immediate goldmine

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i dont think this is going to be a good thread op

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

finally, a thread I can keep in touch with.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm computer

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Okay I am taking a real risk posting in yospos but I am waiting on the final piece of a computer and I am going to build it myself on my desk

I know this comes naturally to you nerds but I am watching youtube videos and there are a lot of foreigners, which is offensive, and I'd rather get slapped in the face with a dong than wear an 'anti static bracelet' or handle something called 'thermal paste'

So I am having problems and I haven't even come to the part with all the loving wires and doodads and plug this into that and poo poo

Is there anything you can do to help thanks in advance

"the 'yos" and "lolwindows" etc

PS don't humiliate me when I am putting myself out there

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tujague posted:

Okay I am taking a real risk posting in yospos but I am waiting on the final piece of a computer and I am going to build it myself on my desk

I know this comes naturally to you nerds

gently caress that i pay tim to do it for me

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ti'ms good

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tujague posted:

I know this comes naturally to you nerds but I am watching youtube videos and there are a lot of foreigners, which is offensive, and I'd rather get slapped in the face with a dong than wear an 'anti static bracelet' or handle something called 'thermal paste'

So I am having problems and I haven't even come to the part with all the loving wires and doodads and plug this into that and poo poo

Hmm. I think the best thing for you to do is much like your posting, OP.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

angry_keebler posted:

that's right, 800 pages all about computers and computer related stuff. what sort of stuff?

computers? yeah, we've got that!

donald trump and hillary clinton? sure, they probably use computers.

pictures of animals? haha why not?

pittsburgh more like puttsburgh, public transport, and apple slices on gourmet sandwiches? yep, yep, and a big yep

as you can see this thread has somethng to offer everyone, so welcome to the all new computer megathread

what's new man, any cool cakes lately

maybe a computer themed one

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I've fixed a computer, AMA

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm using a computer RIGHT NOW

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

GameCube posted:

ti'ms good

tim, timmies: both overrated garbage for awful people

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

strangehamster posted:

I've fixed a computer, AMA

what was broken?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

eric posted:

what was broken?

Thank you for asking Eric, the hard disk failed a short diagnostic test.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
cool another thread to post red pandas in :twisted:

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Cat Face Joe posted:

what's new man, any cool cakes lately

i made an espresso hazelnut dacquoise and i have a bunch of apples at home so i'll probably make a french apple cake tonight or tomorrow

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

what if people were computers and computers were people?!

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

i like compuetrs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:peanut:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

:sadpeanut:

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

i bought a computer the other day actually...

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

computers are the devil

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Compute my balls, op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SNSPUWnTs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mapparu posted:

i bought a computer the other day actually...

Quite frankly it's just all theory and very hard to prove in my opinion. No one actually knows for sure.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

this is all my experiences with computer

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Compute my balls, op

cant divide by zero LOL

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

god I love this av

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

what if people were computers and computers were people?!

this might blow your mind but it's a scientific fact:

everything is a computer, not just like computers or calculators or whatever but people and rocks and bird feathers and even stuff you don't know what it's purpose is like the little button on the bottom of your shirt cuff or the fold in a chef's hat

that stuff is computers too

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Tujague posted:

you're supposed to smear the thermal paste on your face like war paint, hth

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

angry_keebler posted:

this might blow your mind but it's a scientific fact:

everything is a computer, not just like computers or calculators or whatever but people and rocks and bird feathers and even stuff you don't know what it's purpose is like the little button on the bottom of your shirt cuff or the fold in a chef's hat

that stuff is computers too

WHOA

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

zen death robot posted:

im not using any kind of computer to post at all right now

yeah before i got my computer i had to post by writing a letter and then send it in the mail to a middleman who then typed my letter and posted for me.

echinopsis posted:

Quite frankly it's just all theory and very hard to prove in my opinion. No one actually knows for sure.

hopefully you can find a bit of trust me!!! i am writing this from a computer.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i bought a new computer last year. talk to you guys in the 2020s when i might buy next one!!!!

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

how many years does it take for you guys to buy a new computer?
for me i think around 4 to 5 years.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

actually i bought it in the summer of 2014 now that i think about it. time flies!!!! the line about the 2020s is still true though

• Locked thread