Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pinwiz11 posted:

I didn't even think about that. Let me look to find a replacement, we do need a good Pearl gif in there.

I was trying to be funny. Leave it up and let us remember the many aspects of "Big" Ang Raiola

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Right now smack in the middle of the crap heap of right wing paranoia fuel that is the DrudgeReport.

Everyone is gagging for that s08e01.

Everyone.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm turning against Bob early. I can see Acid B's point about it getting thin if his joke ratio sucks and its his only way of interacting so he forces it on people. But his runway was very good so he'll be around forever. Hopefully Betty vs Bob on future Untuckeds is fireworks rather than squibs.

Also I was really impressed with how much Derrick resembles my second favourite Britney Spears photo.

How dare Michelle try to snuff out his Brit impression so early on. Was Chad given the same treatment?

I'm still not sure how Cynthia Lee Fontaine sailed through the runway segment. Was that corset with hot glued candy good in a manner that was lost on me?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Imagine being read by someone from House of Troi.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Do we know if Laila's jacket buttoned on the left? I've heard of that being an issue before.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ALFbrot posted:

The Amazing Drag Race would, no joke, be the best show to ever grace television

American Drag Gladiators though.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

angerbeet posted:

Naysha back?

Naysha's flight deck marshall dancing and toga party seamstressing would be a total waste to bring back as she is right back out should either talent be part of the next main challenge.

I think it will be an old UFC-style out-of-the-blue true alternate. A drag Steve Jennum, if you will.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I like Acid Betty and hopes she gets worse to people. Driving people out via mindgames and additional pressure is legitimate and valid. Phi Phi did it and was robbed by that usurper Jinx Monsoon and Acid Betty is the incarnation of that glorious revenge.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thank you for fixing my recollection of hallucinated Drag Race fever dream history.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As kind and sweet as Kim Chi is, her inability to walk a runway should see her gone pretty soon after the fodder is swept out and rightly so. She's missing the single most basic element of a runway-centric show.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

'cucu' will last through the show and well into its post-show use in drag song parody. "Lets have a cucu" & "This boy has a cucu" will shoot straight to the top of the bottom of the charts.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pinwiz11 posted:

I only put Derrick and Robbie in the bottom to have a spread, in any normal season the wouldn't be down there yet but they're ALL SO GOOD :swoon:

You know in your heart that Robbie Turner is the next out. Old Hollywood queens are the drag equivalent of the baking soda volcano at a science fair.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

gandlethorpe posted:

What are the funniest queens (ironically) they could decide to bring back?

That guy who got the makeover that passed out from his tuck, and he passes out every week but keeps getting through because his mid-lsfyl dead drops are amazing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Her acting wasn't that great either. Naomi should have been in the bottom this week.

Serving body-ody-ody is a legit and respectable strategy. Smalls did just enough to be safe.

The dance LSFYL was crappy again though And I'd not have minded seeing Old Hollywood Girl go home. The 'wheels' choice should not have been a ticket to put on a poorer interpretation of the song. But I am glad she broke the show's footlight lightbulb cherry. I always worry about someone tripping on a hemline and getting an eyesocket full of hot tungsten bulb pieces.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bob wasn't any better than 'good' at Snatch Game. A professional comedian should have been able to elevate themselves above those other failed characters. Maybe it was partly the fault of everyone else giving so little to work with. That was awful. I'm willing to spread blame onto the two "super" models who, in fairness to their profession, thought it was enough to just show up and sit there. There was zero energy in the room aside from Ru Paul trying to floor it.

Also, Robbie has been on this show for like 5 weeks too long.

This is Thorgy's season to lose. They even built in their own Trinity K Bonet-eque character arc of overcoming self doubt.

Congrats in advance Thorgy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CHiRAL posted:

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT?! :rant:

Via Reddit via T spilled at Thorgy's viewing party:

quote:

-Chanel and Gigi were being such models and their answers didn't make Rupaul happy. He eventually lost it and threw his mic and stormed off screaming at the team

quote:

When RuPaul threw his mic, he went backstage and started yelling at the other two head honcho/producer types, and said why aren't these bitches prepped, do I have to do everything, and the other folks were like, well, you're the one who invited them, and it was super uncomfortable as all the girls just listened to this happening backstage, and then Ru came back out all smiles like nothing had happened, and then they got some PAs to basically tell the models what to write.

So RuPaul's fault for casting celebrity offspring rather than people who he knew could be funny and liven up the show.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nobby posted:

Oh, Robbie, why didn't you just do Liza?
He's trash as an actor anyway. It wouldn't have mattered. Either Seattle has low standards for what it means to be a 'trained actor' or Robbie has gone through life unaware that 20 consecutive years of getting non speaking roles in community theater productions means your training didn't take.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Millie posted:

4 motherfucking kimonos?
Robbie is alleged to have said that Chi Chi brought a kimono as well but made a hasty outfit instead.

Bob said on twitter that two of the eliminated queens had brought kimonos as well.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Betty will hopefully be back after the Robbie-Naomi double elim next week.

And for the record, the Madonna look that represented the greatest lost opportunity to walk down a runway was the Madonma-rimming-a-guy-in-a-jockstap look from within the pages of her coffee table book "Sex" .

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

One thing is for certain is that choosing Madonna from her role in the Dick Tracy movie would be a surefire elimination. Nobody wants to be reminded of her time spent loving gross old Warren Beatty.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Michelle had it in for T.H. with an Orgy from the moment she found out he had a nest of thready white person dreads.

I hope Bob brings out another $24.99 amazon.com clearance rack single piece costume for the grand finale but still somehow loses to Naomi Smalls in the end who does the entire thing naked except for changing shoes, wigs and tape. Battle of the lowest drag standards for the highest prize.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm not a big Bob fan but that lip sync to "Mighty Real" was really good. And now that Chi Chi and Naomi are making better looks that is a pretty good top 4 overall.

Derrick looked such a mess though that she should have been LSFYLing alone. That book-look was criminally bad.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

She is a cheap queen but her aspiration was always towards the better and boutiquier. I would hope the Shreveport drag community came together and got her something nice to wear for the finale. The problem then being having to wear what the collective fashion sense of Shreveport Louisiana defines as being nice. Hopefully it was a giftcard instead.

I'm switching to rooting for her to win. She's done well, she's been a gem, she's funny and really needs the money. The other three have good earning potential without the title. Chi Chi would benefit the most from the easy career boost of taking the crown. She could get out of debt, be happier and run drag poo poo down in Caddo Parish for decades with a win.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Poor choice of final runway there Cheech. You got beat by Peg Bundy pants, a Cher wig and half an owl costume.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CaptainScraps posted:

Hahahah it also turns out that in addition to charging for entry, individual queens charge for autographs and photos.

There ain't nothing wrong or out of line to do that. Everyone knows that Ru-inc is a money vacuum that probably isnt paying much if anything for low-placing contestant appearances past cutting 'sweetheart' deals for rented booth space. Besides, everyone that isn't a tumblr tween dragfan knows that cash tipping and drag go hand in hand. Its only sad when you try and charge people on the street 30 years later like Lou Ferrigno.

But if it makes you feel better apparently Pandora Boxx go robbed of her ill-gotten photo money. Or was she mopped? Is there a specific term for stealing coins from a drag queen? There should be.

Katya was selling these at drag con. The graphic for step 4 makes me crack up every time.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

An understandable consequence of the way they do three shoots of the announcement and only air the winning one. It went natural enough for itself being staged and unnatural.

That was a good season. Violet stole the gently caress out of the show with that look. Hopefully there is still lots of money to be made out there for the contestants before drag burnout inevitably sets in among the masses. It must be getting close to its peak right now.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Flyinglemur posted:

Why don't they just loving do it live?
Probably because Ru needs a lot of support to keep her self centered and on-brand between takes. Everything to date has indicated the show takes hours upon hours to film even small, well-worn segments. I don't think there exists the production capacity to shoot it live and keep anywhere close to the same light but snappy feeling and joyful tone that is its calling card. Also you'd not get more than one simple costume change and no makeup changes in the finalists with a hard time limit in a live show.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm sure Kim's mom knows he is gay and does drag, its the part about having to know it in the open that is the hurdle. That would lead to things like her social circle, who also may know-know but don't officially 'know', having to openly know and there is a good chance that is entirely made up of members of her Korean baptist church.

It could be a huge amount of pressure on the Mom that Kim is avoiding placing on her for the sake of familial and cultural expediency.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I think Bob is in for a bit of a pallor being cast over his win for the duration of his reign. The Children, (legendary or not, or only having come up with, but not being one of, the Legendary Children [sorry I love that guy from Paris is Burning]) have chosen Kim Chi as their avatar and all they wanted to talk about after the finale was Kim and Violet's dress. I searched the RPDR Reddit front two pages and there were only two actual mentions of Bob to be found the rest was wall to wall Kim and Violet. I think its going to be a full year process for Bob to win or not win over those vocal, social media viewers that sadly are weighed as a component of the buzz-metrics that determine things like booking fees and real world advertisement gigs. Bob might not get away from the negativity for a long while.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its going to be a Faux Queen getting crowned next year and you know it. That is the only potential growth market for the show and sponsors. Logo then uses that to refocus its brand as something squarely aimed at the previously mentioned invading batchelorette party demographic. All Ru has to do is sell everyone out for the chance to make huge money.

Not too far fetched then.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I've not checked the spoilers but I plan on rooting for Alyssa as she cracks me up the most. And rooting for Phi Phi as the dark horse because its not easy to come back from serving jail time for sunglasses theft and she recently did a killer Evil Lyn and She-Ra drag cosplay. Alaska in top 3 is good too but does not need the win to advance her brand.

I don't want to live under the reigns of either Adore, Ginger or CoCo Montrease and plan to cast aspersions on them throughout.

Its understandable why LaGanja Estranja could not fit this round but she should be on any All-Stars 3rd season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As someone who clicked "last" on this thread just to see when all stars 2 will air that is the greatest thing ever.

• Locked thread