Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fingers crossed this season's viewing parties with my friends are filled with tongue pops, opening fans and ocurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs instead of staring blankly at the television and asking why this is happening like last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

AHAHAHAHAHA outside of, like, two people the age range seems to be 30-33, so everyone's reasonable when they talk, they're likable and have senses of humor about themselves (probably not Acid Betty. Also of course this won't last, competition is competition is competition).

That moment in Untucked where everyone's groping Cynthia Lee Fontaine's rear end and there's absolutely ZERO sexuality or any sort of joking involved, just a bunch of guys appreciating good plastic surgery had me cackling like an utter maniac.

EDIT: These queens are so not shady, Robbie straight-up screwed herself while handing out the themes.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 9, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I know it probably wouldn't work because of the language barrier (berryer?) and all, but Cynthia Lee Fontaine's destiny is to be Juliette Lewis in Snatch Game.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Aww Kim Chi, that's not how the Shade Tree Room is supposed to work. :3:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ironic Twist posted:

Because they wanted to stick to the whole "100 queens" thing, possibly.
There's only one choice, then.

HAYYYYY PORKCHOPPPPP! :haw:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Flyinglemur posted:

fake edit: I have to say that Cynthia really grew on me this episode. If she ditches her "catch phrase" and just goes with the flow, she is pretty loving awesome.
I'm waiting for the exact moment when Bob breaks down, takes Cynthia aside and explains to her that relying on a single catchphrase (if not catchphrases in general) is lazy comedy writing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Willam has spent the last six months screaming about how she's not in All Stars 2.

...but she hasn't said a thing about season 8. :boom:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I love that Bob is using the clutch he made in the Gone With The Window drag challenge for this. He ain't letting that clutch go nowhere!
I think it suits the outfit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mouse Dresser posted:

Bob is the hero our world needs.
I need an hour of just Bob revealing outfits from under full length coats.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just finished Untucked and WOW, how long do you think before Betty uses any variation of the phrase I'm just tellin' it like it is/I'm just keeping it real/I'm just saying what everyone's thinking?

Even taking all of the rumors out of the equation, she's just a complete and utter jagoff.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nihonniboku posted:

Top 3:
Alaska, Detox, and Katya
I am both comfortable and uncomfortable with this. That's one hell of a tough decision to make.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just rewatched all 4 episodes with friends who hadn't watched any of this season and three episodes in my friend snaps his fingers and says EGON. THORGY LOOKS LIKE EGON FROM THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to throw up.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

spite house posted:

I'm pretty sure Chris Stein's line about the shoes was the best guest-judge comment ever.
He sounded exactly like a disappointed dad at a football game his son just lost, I love it.

Every. Word. Ended. With. A. Period.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

oliven posted:

If you have the opportunity to see the show, go for it. It was incredible.
No Katya for the 4/20 Portland show = legit deal breaker. :smith:

Also even though she's not on the tour, I'd spend the entire night in fear of the possibility of a Laganga crashing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

overseer07 posted:

Tammy Brown. Though she may not have actually known where she was at the time
I think Tammie had absolutely no interest in actual competition on a low rent first season 8 episode reality show for a network that nobody got at the time. Nah, she would have done that on every season eventually, Tammie don't give a fuuuuuck.

She did seem to genuinely try during All Stars, though. In her own way.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

spite house posted:

Snatch Game character selections may have leaked.
I was gonna say something about Kim Chi being a non-performer choosing a non-performer to imitate being a smart move and then I remembered Pearl's Big Ang was astonishingly weird and delightful.

Nothing's gonna beat that one shot of Violet as Alyssa laughing, slamming her fist on the table and having a nail just arc gracefully through the air, though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

AHAHAHA Bob's the only one in the room other than RuPaul that knows who Charro is and is so delighted about it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The only thing I can say for Naomi staying that as far as I can tell she doesn't make excuses the way some queens a decade her senior do, or at least that's what the edit seems to show. At 21 she's far and away more polished and has a better attitude than some, but she absolutely needs to diversify.
There was that one moment in Untucked where Robbie took her aside and talked to her about the robes - if this was any previous season, that would have been a read and would have caused a shitstorm of drama, but Robbie was obviously giving friendly advice and Naomi clearly heard what was being said, it was a real heart-warming moment.

I think she even said something like "Oh poo poo, and I have three more robes!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm delighted when I think about Chi Chi crawling her way onto Drag Race despite being penniless, in court for bankruptcy, gnawing on gizzards and comparing it to the fact that Chi Chi is now set for loving LIFE as far as gigs go.

Girl is going to travel the loving globe.

OhHiMaahk posted:

I believe the red-headed pit crew member is actually straight, so him being a bottom had me pretty confused.
Straight dudes are getting into that buttstuff now. It's the cool, new hip thing that all the kids are doin'.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Capsaicin posted:

Chi Chi is just the best. :allears:
JokesJokesJokesJokesJokesJokesJokes.

Capsaicin posted:

Who was it in a past season that they said had the worst runway outfit ever? Was that season 6?
Latrice's brown upholstery broken bead outfit?

EDIT: Yay! Kim Chi totally losing her poo poo over Amy Sedaris.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 27, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love how RuPaul clearly doesn't want to call for SILEEEENCE, she just wants to hear everyone being really thoughtful about the queens, all :allears:.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I haven't been to too many drag shows, but I'm assuming that Bob scheduling two Portland shows on a Sunday at 3 AM and 11 AM is insane, right? It seems insane.

Let's get legally high and see Bob on a Sunday before noon! :getin:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This episode was gonna bum me out no matter what because I really like everyone in the top 4, but this one was a bummer because last week in a stoned daze I came to the realization that while I've been all about Bob since day one, I really wouldn't have minded a Chi Chi win. While she's absolutely a work in progress, Chi Chi really is starting to deliver the full package, including fashion (which is what she was trying to tactlessly get at during Untucked). Simultaneously, I get it, she just isn't there yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if a year or two of consistent post-Drag Race work is exactly what Chi Chi needs to get her where she needs to be.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Tammie Brown covering Pod-era Ween is wonderful and somehow more straight-forward than the actual song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WP_AhJEyfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yodzilla posted:

Sounds like there's not much difference between some drag shows and a GWAR concert.
Still waiting for someone to pull out Slymenstra Hymen on Snatch Game.

• Locked thread