Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I know it was posted towards the end of the last thread but I just wanted to say Phi Phi O'Hara's Jubilee is real good https://www.instagram.com/p/BBxc62cH4fg/?taken-by=phiphiohara&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Boy were a good deal of those interviews boring as hell. Bob sure is something though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CHiRAL posted:

And while I'm at it have a couple of gems from reddit:

I'm a fat white dude and I can dance better than that. What a horrible performance.

But yeah Bob seems like a really goddamn cool + good person, Kim Chi is an adorable nerd, and that poodle dress was one of the worst goddamn things to ever go down the runway. I also hated Naomi's slinky gold dress, she looked busted as hell.

And am I the only one who is getting real tired of the whole "Manic Latino" schtick?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
If Acid Betty is actually abusive that's terrible but as for Drag Race... :munch:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Kim Chi really needs to work on her confidence. Her drag is sublime but drat if she isn't stiff and awkward as all hell. She even managed to Yeti Walk on roller skates!! I have a feeling she won't last to the end but is a shoe-in for Fan Favorite.

Also it's kinda funny that the first bit of personality DaxExclamationpoint showed was in her five second exit interview :rolleye:

e: and yeah Michelle definitely lost a good deal of weight. good for her i guess but she wasn't bad looking before!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Watched episode 3 again and man that Empire parody was so hit or miss. There's nothing, nothing more awkward than a queen trying to tell a joke without actually getting the joke and it's something that happens over and over again every season.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
loving great episode, though I wish we got to see more of the runway looks. What the hell was Kim Chi wearing? poo poo was bonkers and her reaction during judging was great.

Also that was some good cosplay! Acid Betty really nailed Rikuo from Darkstalkers and Chi Chi's Poison was spot on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haven't watched this episode yet but good lord every story that comes out about production of Drag Race makes it sound like an absolute shitshow.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Naomi needs to get gone, there's absolutely nothing interesting about her. Yes she turned it out during the lip sync but there's just nothing until then. Her performances are always flat and her looks are one note as hell. Bring back Acid Betty. :saddowns:

And yeah that episode was ratchet as all hell. Snatch Game was loving terrible and most of the looks were an absolute nightmare. Yeah Kim Chi looked like Kim Jong Un but he didn't do anything except pull that one face. And what the gently caress was good about Thorgy's Michael Jackson? It was creepy and the voice was completely off. Ugh drat why.

Also Bob was hotter in that outfit than Madonna. :colbert:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Derrick Barry's Oscar Moment was seriously wonderful and one of the funniest things I've seen on the show. She's going to be hard to beat in a lip sync competition.

Robbie's look was busted as all hell and Chi Chi was just a dude in a ratty dress what the heck. I'll miss Robbie.

What the hell was that dream sequence nonsense though, that must have been supremely cringe worthy in person.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I'm just happy to see Naomi doing something truly different. She earned her place in the competition tonight and I hope she keeps brining it like that instead of just going with evening wear.

And yeah Derrick has looks and performance chops but good lord that knife ain't sharp and her costume building skills are the worst.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
So does the Shade Tree get used in Untucked or anything because yo RIP that feature in the actual show.

Also I really wish we got to see Bob's transformer car idea.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Boy that sure was a thing I just watched.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
As soon as I saw Derrick just doing a Britney Spears performance during LSFYL instead of something interesting or appropriate for the song I knew she was done. Team Bob all the way.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
As a straight man Drag Race is the only show I actually stay up to date with as the episodes come out and my wife has been to more non-male strip clubs than I have.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That's kind of great.

criscodisco posted:

Do the queens torture you when you're with your wife? I only ask because the few times I've been at a show with a straight couple, the queens relished flirting and embarrassing the straight guy. It's a cheap laugh for sure, but a laugh nonetheless.

Haha a bit but I certainly don't mind. I'm not the type to get stage fright and I know it's in good fun.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Ginger's gonna wreck house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Trig Discipline posted:

Went to a drag contest in Austin last night. It was a lot of fun, and now all those people who made fun of me because I hadn't seen a drag queen with plastic hair have simulated sex with a man made of food and then beat him to a pulp with a hammer will have to find something else to tease me about.

Sounds like there's not much difference between some drag shows and a GWAR concert.

• Locked thread