Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

So hype for this, mainly because the team behind the show must be super pumped to not repeat last year's shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This episode was so solid, it was the throwback to previous episodes that season 7 tried to do with all the super forced lovely catchphrases, but just done so well.
I really loved it but it's criminal Latrice didn't say a single word the entire time.

I have this nasty feeling Leila is out next week or week three. She's so nervous it pours off her, I get an inferiority vibe from her and I think she will get eaten alive by bigger personalities. But I think she's destined to fade into the background, Vivienne Pinay style.

But it was just an amazing episode, drag race is BACK and everything was wonderful (except the lip-sync and Dax out of drag which is terrifying)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pan Dulce posted:

In all those photos, Tyra looks like the odd one out. Worst winner. She should have been cropped out.

She looks stunning, she deserved that win oh god can we not rehash this

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

SANTINO IS COMING BACK

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Chi chi's upside down dance moves sold me, I think she's on lock for top 5 or so

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This only strengthens my theory it's Santino

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

angerbeet posted:

An Australian channel has apparently leaked the returning queen: http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/ru-pauls-drag-race/episode.aspx?id=9252476

According to them, it's Naysha. Ho-hum.

Holy poo poo this is going to cause a riot

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Bob's look was diabolically lovely and I kinda preferred thorgy who I felt worked with her team instead of trampled over them, but Bob's performance elevated her otherwise pretty weak group so its a cool call overall from Ru.

I wonder how much of it was improvised? Because "this WHITE rear end party" cracked me up

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

caligulamprey posted:

I was gonna say something about Kim Chi being a non-performer choosing a non-performer to imitate being a smart move and then I remembered Pearl's Big Ang was astonishingly weird and delightful.

Nothing's gonna beat that one shot of Violet as Alyssa laughing, slamming her fist on the table and having a nail just arc gracefully through the air, though.

I maintain Pearl should've won. Kennedy's impression was solid but it was two catchphrases over and over (although her answers to the questions were clever.)
Not sure where Ginger's win came from though.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Never thought I'd say "Season 7 did it better" but here we are

・Boring Snatch game contestants
・Bob trying WAY too hard. Both his characters were funny but you can see the tryhard in him so much it kinda ruins it a bit
・Acid, a super strong contestant who had a bad week eliminated by the single most predictable queen of the season who had a diabolically lovely week. Did she tell a single joke in snatch?

rip

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Next week is the ball I think which means surely Derrick goes. Derrick gave us the shouldildos.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Oft-cited as hottest queen ever Pearl got into the top 3 and we know how that went

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

"I like dick, whatever" is going on my next batch of business cards.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

A God drat Ghost posted:

Ah, Willam, still rocking that beard! I've been working through watching all her beatdown videos, never watched them before and I'm loving her.

They take a huge nosedive after The Stylish ended (ie. end of season 1) but they are still decent

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm rewatching season 2 because I saw it once about 4 years ago and I just have to say, anyone who can reuse the same catchphrase 3 times in 1 episode is my hero.

Well Hallelu Mawma, you'll love season 7 because it was the season they jammed every catchphrase ever into every acting challenge and made it unbearably unfunny. Byeeeeee!!!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's no way it's not Alaska, Katya + 1 (my guess is Detox or Alyssa) because at the end of the day that's what the raging hordes of instagram and facebook fans want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

True, but then you'd be "the queen who eliminated alaska early" and get poo poo on by the fan base. Not sure if that's worth it

• Locked thread