Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna go fishing soon when the tides get a little better. Will post updates and photos.

I am also prepared to answer questions re: my fishing trip today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Equipment I'm bringing
-cooler with ice and some waters and snacks
-two poles (I took apart the reels and for maintenance yesterday and respooled them with good 24 and 30lb test) rigged Carolina style.
-two beach pole stakes if we fish the surf
-cast net for live bait
-Bait bucket with bubbler
-long pole net
-tackle box.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Your lack of booze shows you don't know poo poo about what fishing is all about

I don't drink and drive friend.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Jukeboxblues posted:

sounds like a fun time King of Bees :)

If you catch a fish you should call it Neppi :)

I want to catch a cool shark because they are fun to catch. But in reality I'm going for flounder, reds, speckled trout and whiting.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

You wanna go? I got room buddy!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm confused how you think you can "fish" without alcohol

Benzos?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

not if you dont have any booze. what a waste of time

Your loss friend (or is it mine :confused:)

Zymurgy posted:

Why not smoke a j instead of drinking?

Good strat but I'm prone to drug tests.

satanic splash-back posted:

Acceptable substitute in some cases, but fishing without alcohol is like shoes without socks

I think that's hunting? (The most dangerous game)

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Without booze there could be a disaster. You could even end up catching a fish and then you'd be in a real pickle then wouldn't you?

This is true. It will take some quick thinking and a bit of luck to pull that off.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can I go fishing with you someday?

Of course!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

SPACE HOMOS posted:

What kind of fish? Big ones? Little ones? Salt water? Fresh water?

One fish? Two fish? Red fish? Blue fish?

Salt water. Big ones I hope! Fishing a jetty or a beach, probably try the jetty first and see if anything is going on then move on to the beach if no bites.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

i have a sea plane and a cooler full of dales pales

Are you Howard Hughes irl?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Orkin Mang posted:

u should be like that guy from the bible, jonah??, and get eaten by a fish then write a blog about it then print it out at the library and pop it thru the transom so i can throw it in the wastepaper basket and light it on fire

Can I liveblog from the fish?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

awesome I'll bring the dynamite!

That's the spirit!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Can someone make an old timey "gone fishin" sign for this thread? In case it takes a bit to update?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

FrankieGoes posted:

lol at poors that fish off the shore like an elderly Vietnamese instead of fishing off a big rear end boat like a human being.

But these are the coolest fishermen? :shrug:

This works very well!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

Are you going out on a boat?

Not today. The fish I'm after are in shore right now. There's big fuckin fish running off shore but they're like fifty miles out. Not a Sunday trip.

So, got the beater camp truck all packed. Just waiting on the tides and my son's friend to get his rear end over here.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

OK. The sign is out. See ya later squares. Don't take any wooden nickles!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Fishing was fair today. There was a strong offshore breeze that complicated things and its apparently crab mating season. So getting the bait out past the fields of ravenous crabs was a challenge.

First we got live bait with a cast net. About twenty five of these fellas.

Then we tried fishing the jetty.

Caught a beautiful red but he was too big and had to be thrown back. About 33 inches.

After losing so much bait to crabs we decided to move to the beach.

Caught a nice flounder and he'll be fish sticks after I get a few more.

Spent about an hour and half at the beach. Besides the flounder had a few good strikes that didn't convert. So, getting sick of the cool wind we dumped the leftover bait in the ocean and headed home.

Thanks for reading my fishing thread. I hope to add more trips to it in the future. Bless.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Myron Baloney posted:

My earliest coherent memory from the age of 3 is sticking my hand in the garbage can while adults were cleaning fish and having a northern's severed head bite the gently caress out of me. Holy poo poo I was so drunk.

Have you seen a goddamn muskie? They're like northern's far bigger more murderous brothers.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Reds have a size window. Too small throw back to grow. Too big thrown back to mate.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Massive fines if your caught with either.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Malf posted:

idgi is there some kind of fish police

Yes

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Zymurgy posted:

Have you ever caught a tuna?

Nope.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Zymurgy posted:

Have you tried this technique?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYUgduOeXuA
I hear they catch big tuna.

Hahhahaha

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

FrankieGoes posted:

Way to kill a baby month old flounder. You're a monster. I also think it's racist that your photoshopped all the old Asian men out of your photos.

It was jealousy not rasicm. Me with my puny flounder and them with their overflowing coolers of fish, just hundreds in buckets and bags and old shirts. Fish floppin everywhere. Them pointing and laughing at my failings with their cat-like language.

TheBizzness posted:

That is a very nice Red Fish and I am jealous.

Thank you. Five inches less and I could've made a nice fish dinner last night.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Also last year I hooked a big spotted gar and I literally started flailing around like a spastic tard because it was really cool but at the same time I didn't have my pliers or anything so I was really relieved when the gar finally spit out the hook

Fish that can bite back are scary as poo poo when you have to reach into their mouth and you only have short pliers. That's why I hate catching toothy sharks. Feels like you have a great fish on and gently caress it's a shark.

herhehejhrekjashsd posted:

i want to see hillary yell at trump in public

and make him look at the ground in shame :D

Welcome to the forums!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Mods can we make this the GBS fishing thread? I'll change up op to reflect same.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Zymurgy posted:

I have weed and I have beer what else do I need in order to fish properly? I wanna catch a tuna!

You need a boat mang! Or more percisely you need to charter a boat unless you have the money to buy a tuna fishing boat. Charter a boat and brimg your beer and weed. Tuna are usually way out there. However, since tuna stocks are overfished ID recommend other pelagic fish instead. Or go get a can of tuna drat, I don't know.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hobo Pyro posted:

what the gently caress did you sit on man

At the rocks I sat on a rock. At the beach I sat on the sand. I forgot to bring a little folding chair.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mad Monk posted:

I went fishing on Sunday, we wanted to fish the incoming tide out on the flats but the wind was coming out of the East blowing the water out and the high tide was at least a foot lower than should have been (West coast of FL), we only caught 3 rat reds and for the first time in my life I fell overboard. Ol' Mark hit the trolling motor a bit to hard to move the bow left, I was on the front right and tumbled right in, classic Mark. It was a fun day though, first time out on the water for a few months. We were throwing trout touts.

Lol. Classic Mark :)

I'm still getting used to East coast salt water strats. Compared to socal. Having a blast. The kids love cast netting. Does anyone eat blue crabs? I catch zillions. Hahahahah catch crabs.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Never mind its called Happiness

anyway op how was it are you happy and all that poo poo

I'm generally a happy well adjusted person with a malady of terrible mental illnesses and a sorrid past I'm not proud of. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Goin fishing today. Probably surf fishing for whiting, plus general hanging out at the beach. The truck is already packed, but with the tides being what they are I need to wait a few hours. Anyone else going fishing today?

• Locked thread