Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to discuss feminism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LGD posted:

To be honest that seems like pretty poor wording at the end there. I hope.

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spree killers are like natural disasters at this point imho

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guns go boom.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

waitwhatno posted:

Holy poo poo, the Brussels thread has the shittiest rating in D&D, what the hell is going on in there?

It's the Fins and Eastern Europeans again, isn't it?

Yeah. It's our fault.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think abolishing civil liberties as a response to something that resembles a natural disaster is a reasonable response. These things just happen occasionally nowadays, and there is precious little to be done about it.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess we could try bombing them back and see if things improve.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

We should bomb the Saudi royal family to kingdom come.

The kingdoms gotta go

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are there also some other people you'd like to eradicate, german forums poster GaussianCopula?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7hvXeOAKw

:haw:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That didn't backfire at all.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tell me more about legislative process in the EU.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

steinrokkan posted:

Rifles are not a credible defence force against cruise missiles and fighter jets, hth.

E: Heh, I didn't know this replacement.

What is? How do we defend ourselves against RUssians? Lie down and ask "please stomp all over my dick please" in russian?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

waitwhatno posted:

If you are afraid of drunken hordes of Russian conscripts storming your precious bogs and empty forests, join NATO. Have you watched the Iraq war? A couple hunting muskets or whatever are not gonna stop a modern army.

Afghanistan.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

waitwhatno posted:

Soviets took Afghanistan in a couple weeks, if I remember correctly. Northern alliance didn't need much longer with American support.

Which worked out really well for both of them in the end. None of us think we could hold out a week against Russia, which is precisely why we train every single eligible man (and every volunteerin woman) to shoot a rifle and live in the forest.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

steinrokkan posted:

So the country will be occupied in a couple of weeks and then the local population will throw away lives in suicide attacks until the other country gets distracted by domestic problems and leaves?

Yup.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah uh, as monstrous as the Russians might seem to you my friend, I don't think they're gonna go hitler on us just to have our loving bogs.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

waitwhatno posted:

I'm not an expert, but I seriously doubt that small arms had any significant impact on the Soviet/American occupation. IED's and MANPAD's did the trick.

Well, this and that, I imagine we'll be using garade drone bombs by the time Russians come back for round three, but any little bit helps! Thank you for your concern!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am indeed willing to concede that if the Russians genocide every single male Finn and carpet bomb the cities into ash and drag the women and the children into slavery, they will indeed be able to conquer Finland.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, hope nobodfy from the kgb reads that

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't wait to join!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Majorian posted:

They're getting enough of that from being able to declare victory in Syria, regardless of whether or not anything that could be deemed "victory" was achieved.:wink:

For the record, my grandfather was a Russian tank driver during the Winter War, so the Finland discussion is very interesting to me, fwiw.

Cool! T-28 or KV-1 crew?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm glad his guy was a bad shot then!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GaussianCopula posted:

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/713696451625422852

So, uhm, can we now all agree that refugees entering the EU without controls are a security concern?

Just as soon as we acknowledge the monumental failures of the belgian and french security services in keeping tabs on these guys everybody in the business knew were dangerous.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YF-23 posted:

I think we can all agree now that Belgians are a security concern in the EU.

They are the worst

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkCrawler posted:

It's probably not even the worst German-language Erdogan parody song you can find from Youtube

This is what gets me about old-rear end poo poo dictators being pissed that something about them is being done on Western media sphere...don't they get that our own politicians get it about thousand times worse? Like if there was something they could actually do about this they would have already done it? Is he expecting that Merkel will get Stasi right on that poo poo?

The reason they don't get that is that they literally can go stasi on that poo poo in their country.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It turns out democracy in a country full of religious nutters and hillbillies is not necessarily a good idea. Whodve thunk

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am of course referring to america

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If there were no people, crime rates woudl be zero.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If there were no muslims, jihadist terrorists wouldn't be a problem. If only we had less peopel, we didn't have so many terror

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Problem is that they own the guillotine.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narciss posted:

I thought this was an absolutely beautiful (but bitter) story; we should all aspire to be as enlightened as this man:

http://www.nrk.no/ytring/jeg-ble-voldtatt-av-en-mann-1.12852714

I too aspire to be raped by a somalian

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blowfish posted:

What is it with alleged progressives and people concerned with social justice now hopping on the segregation bandwagon :psyduck:

Well if you think about it, it's the logical conclusion of multicultarist championing of difference.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xoidanor posted:

That's because mono-culturalism and multi-culturalism are very similiar in what they politically entail. Both suggest segregation but with different goals in mind. One is "we should only have one culture period" and the other is "we have multiple cultures but steps must be taken to restrict intermingling". Think Canada and parents rights in Quebec for instance. In fact, the only nations that are dedicated to multi-culturalism as defined in academia at the moment is Canada and the UK. Almost all other western nations (with some notable exceptions in the US and Scandinavia) are melting pots of varying degrees. Nationalist parties are pretty much exclusively mono-cultural in their proposed policies.

I don't think that's exactly true nowadays, although historically it used to be. Many nationalistic parties in Europe today, notably Marine le Pen's FN, seem to me to be pursuing a policy 'leading culture' which acknowledges the existence of different cultures inside society, but demands that they adhere to the values and lifestyles of (what they perceive to be) the 'leading' traditional culture. Which I think is actually a rather reasonable policy, although I violently disagree with what the far-right define as constituting the leading culture.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CrazyLoon posted:

For a culture to even be considered as 'leading', it'd have to be strong enough to present itself as such. As in have its own distinct art, language if possible, rituals, ceremonies, ethics and so on and hopefully define them as clearly as possible so as to deliver a consistent message. And then actually deliver said message regularly.

Uhhuh, and why is that? Culture is an organic construct, it doesn't submit itself to definitions of what it is, only what it is not.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CrazyLoon posted:

In theory perhaps. But definitely not in practice. A lot can be said about what a certain culture is about simply by observing its everyday life. It's just that it keeps evolving with time.

Well go on then, give us a practical example of a culture that cannot be defined by what it is not, but what it is.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What 'message' are you talking about anyway?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CrazyLoon posted:

Not really. OhYeah is posting.

:ughh:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drilldo squirt posted:

Europe is decades behind the united states in a lot of things actually. For example I doubt we would be having the same imigration issues you people are having. Also racial issues, I haven't seen a European on here that doesn't hate gypsies.

Only because you resolved your immigration crisis by turning migrant workers into illegal second class citizens and denied them access to all public institutions. Congratulations, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drilldo squirt posted:

I disagree with your assessment but in any case we don't lose refuge children en masse. Which seems to be an improvement over the European attempt.

You do though? Have you looked at how many South Americans die on their way to America? I'm not surprised if you haven't, but it's actually quite a lot. Again the American solution is ignoring the problem, so calling it an improvement seems a bit... Arrogant. But whatver, this isn't america thread.