Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Gimme odds on Brexit reigniting the "South Will Rise Again" nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

waitwhatno posted:

You decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Leaving the EU is akin to burning down your own country in order to become King of the ashes.

I think I'm quoting Game of Thrones here...

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

goethe42 posted:

You shouldn't feel guilty, it was a superbly crafted joke, even working with multiple levels of irony:

a... "Haha, Germans are Nazis, am I right?!" - always a winner in D&D
b. ...calling Buttery Pastry a German because of his (ironic) racism, which is triple ironic, because it's additionally stereotyping one of the currently least xenophobic western countries(Germany) as racist and BP is the most rabid anti-german posters in D&D
c. ...the irony in commenting with a Nazi-reference to an item about an 80-year old former german center-right minister, spending a night in the mud of Idomeni to show solidarity and raise awareness

Isn't it great to post about politics on a comedy forum?

I like it that you're being sardonic about the irony while the jokes were very funny at an unironic face-value.
In other News Nazi-like party AfD is poised to make great gains in the federal elections! Wow! Such irony!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Somebody set up us the bomb in Berlin.

We get signal: The Guardian

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Riso posted:

We could also just put all Germans into a place called Germany and then force them to not let in foreigners and protect their borders all the while paying France a lot of money to keep their nukes pointed somewhere else.

You left out the part where the second guy asks the Genie to build a 300m tall wall along the border and then the third guy asks him to fill the whole thing with water.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Riso posted:

You will find a 10m tall wall is sufficient.

Considering physical geography, a 2.962km tall wall migh be necessary for our purposes here.

e: because we're not talking about the same thing maybe???

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Freezer posted:

No one is advicating genocide, just deep structural reforms. 300m deep, to be accurate.

Now there's an idea! Instead of building a wall, we just lower Germany by a few hundred meters. Then let nature run its course.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

IN OTHER NEWS, and not only because I can't loving brook gun debates spilling in threads where they are irrelevant, the French Cour de Cassation (highest court there is in matters of justice, in short) has just validated the legality of the wiretaps on Nicolas Sarkozy's phone conversations with his lawyer in which he discussed his plans for peddling influence for the benefit of a judge of that very Cour de Cassation, in exchange for insider info on some other affairs.
This is a severe blow for him, and will hopefully take him out of the presidential election. loving crook.

If Sarkozy had had a gun nothing like this would have happened.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Let's add fuel to the fire!
Air France faces staff mutiny in headscarf row

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

blowfish posted:

I'd sue the gently caress out of my employer.

Why sue when you can, you know,

~ STRIKE ~

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Kassad posted:

It's cute to see people talk about Haiti and Brazil when France and the UK still controls several islands in the West Indies populated by the descendants of African slaves.

You mean corsica? :D

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

So Europeans participating on cultural as well as ethnic genocide of the natives, with a drop of native blood in them, no doubt gained through means made inherently violent due to the power differential. Please apologize for even bringing up that imperialist filth.

E: Like, I'm sorry your ancestors were greedy rapists, murderers and pillagers, but you don't have to turn your shame against us whose families were happy to chill in their serf hovels instead of crossing the ocean in hopes of subjugating the savages and taking their gold and women.

Hey I'll have you know I'm a direct descendant of both Charlemagne AND Attila.*

*Just like everyone else.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Why don't people get it? The Greek people are sovereign but if their government unilaterally nullifies treaties, they have to live with the consequences and they can't turn water into wine by popular vote. You see it with the British people, where they now can either decide to stick to the treaties or quit the EU, Greece has the same options.

You mean like how France is always following the 3% rule? Because they don't want to get kicked out? :lol:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

All member states still have perfect sovereignty because they are free to invoke article 50, which will free them from the shackles of the EU. They will however have to live with the consequences of that decision. If they want to stay in the EU, they will have to play by the rules of the EU.

Once again, no.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Kassad posted:

That bill's been debated for months, not a chance. Odds are it's just that it passing was a foregone conclusion and so most representatives didn't even bother to show for the final vote. You'd think the national legislature would require a minimum % of representatives to be present for a bill to be legit but :shrug:

This or maybe being a politician and associated with prostitution for any reason is a bad idea in twenty sixteen France.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

Also racial issues, I haven't seen a European on here that doesn't hate gypsies.

But, you see, it's in their nature.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
All them gypsies stealing the bread of our jews.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

See, using phrases like "adhering to structures with historical legacy of political bias" doesn't improve the intellectual content, it just obfuscates the core argument of "We can talk fascists into giving up" for the idiots who populate these threads.

It's broader than that, structures can also mean religious structures. "Adhering to structures with historical legacy of political bias" is fine, sorry about your five reptilian brains.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

I was definitely not Charlie during that.

That's a turn of phrase I'm going to use at cocktail parties.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Oh, since I'm here, the vice-president of our parliament just resigned on accounts of sexual harassment. :france:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
France's best article of law, the 49-3 is going to come into effect! That means the government could be overthrown by the Parliament! But wont! Yayyyyyyy....

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 10, 2016

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The votes are in!

Valls can stay!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

PT6A posted:

I really love that the krauts have no objection to fouling up every corner of Spain with ill-mannered tourists as they attempt to beggar it. They get you coming and going!

Edit: I can say kraut because I'm half German. I'm reclaiming it.

Depends. What's your other half?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

LemonDrizzle posted:

The Commission is threatening to suspend Poland's voting rights for "failing to uphold the rule of law": https://next.ft.com/content/1fb0e9c4-1d04-11e6-b286-cddde55ca122

Poland doesn't want to lose to Britain in the who-gets-the-gently caress-out-first race.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

LemonDrizzle posted:

This is the current state of play in the British referendum:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/732988347870793728

The Poles may win.

How the gently caress is online polling a thing?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The EU is the Confederacy.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
There are still people opposed to political violence in 2016? I thought this was the European thread, not some other, lesser thread.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

ElNarez posted:

this thread is now about hot pics of CGT leader Philippe Martinez, who is cool and good

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Do you have any examples of this happening in the real world? My impression is that wages are far to sticky for this to work.

It happens on this planet you might have heard of it.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
You prolly all already know but Jo Cox is dead.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

waitwhatno posted:

I really hope that the world takes Brexit as a warning sign that all our populations are getting more and more retarded and self-destructive. Personally, I blame YouTube lets plays, the decline of personal human interaction, internet echo chambers and chemicals in the drinking water. Someone should do something about these things. Also, reptiloids.

I'm cutting myself on all these edges.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

waitwhatno posted:

It's true, think about it. YouTube lets plays are part of our growing culture of isolation and loneliness. The number of people with depression and burn-outs is on the rise, people feel frustrated and lost. They look for human contact on the internet where they meet likeminded people who share their opinions and personality and create echo chamber. Disassociating from reality and sane political beliefs.

Also, the alarmingly high content of xeno-estrogens in the drinking water creates effeminate men who are confused about their role in society even more and who will be too weak and girly to fight the coming reptiloid invasion.

OK I guess you won me over.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

fishmech posted:

What food standards exactly?

I'm guessing chlor'd chicken, hormoniz'd beef and GMOs being legal.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Ligur posted:

Why would I want to do that? Your hyperboles make no sense. At all.

Nobody gives a poo poo if an unemployed Austrian comes to Sweden or Finland to perform the act of tourism. You are welcome. Swedes or Finns should have no liability to sponsor the stay of this Austrian person, of course, but otherwise, who gives a drat. Which is how it works most of the time. Exiling native citizens is impossible, of course, and should not happen: we pay them certain benefits from a common purse if they don't do well.

What on Earth are you yakking on about?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Ligur posted:

Freedom of movement is a-ok and just fine, as long as it is not expected that the people from the country I go to pay my expenses living there.

This is not a very difficult concept, I hope.

You better step off my roads then.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

pigdog posted:

How about this, it is their land, and they want to have some control over who they allow in. Or is the concept of nations and national sovereignty over territories a non-thing and/or racism in tyool 2016 already?

The deal to allow mutual free travel within the EU was with the EU members. That some member countries would invite literally millions of barely checked immigrants, a large share of whom having mediocre skill levels and incompatible worldviews, was not part of the deal.

Nation-states are the worst abominations born from the 19th century.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Because they brought the blight of social welfare with them?

Point out to me the words that woke you up from your slumber so I may not post them again.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

So why do you think the nation-state is necessary for a welfare state, then?

You're going to fast for him, slow down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

pigdog posted:

I think it's easy to get a skewed view of the world when your culture dominates the world, and your native language is the lingua franca spoken by everybody including the space aliens on TV. The statehood and nationality of the USA is exceptional. But it came at an expense of a massive holocaust of hundreds of smaller, native American cultures.

And this is why, from that day forward, no American ever called themself nothing other than "American", never once using hyphenation to qualify their one and only American-ness.