Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Sign me up. I have explored many voids in my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
16 is the perfect size for a game. Can we just say we threw the other 9 into the void and start in medias res?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Kashuno have you ever read Roadside Picnic?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Occasionally, some wildlife, similar to the wildlife of the party's homeland, scuttle across the pathway but nothing too dangerous.
Lumpen's gazes at the wildlife with his eyes, which are similar in shape and color to the eyes of the rest of the party. He walks easily along the path, dressed in the familiar garb of the culture of his people, the same sort of people from which rest of the party is made up of. "Nothing too dangerous," he murmurs, recognizing from the scuttling that this wildlife is similar to the wildlife of the land of his birth, and confident that the others would come to the same conclusion. He keeps to the pathway, which stretches out on the ground before him, leading him onward, toward the destination which assuredly lies ahead.
Hail and well met, fellow party members.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Just did a re-read of Asiina, might possibly be definitely Scum. I have no doubt about this, I have never been more completely confident that I might be potentially right on a read in my entire Mafoa/CYOA hybrid career.

##FOS Asiina
That means FINGER OF SUSPICION™ and it is a new thing I just came up with that is to be used for when you want to lynch someone for sure but not quite to the point of actually voting them because let's not be hasty, gentlemen. Whoever is the administrator of Votefinder should implement FOS™ tracking immediately now that I have once again innovated (Mafia/Werewolf)/CYOAhybrids forever. It is a new dawn.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whoa that seems like a really strong vote Lumpen. Careful with the rhetoric there, you could seriously get someone lynched,
I mean yeah it seems pretty early in the day to be throwing around so much heavy demagoguery, we have to be cautious about getting any incindiary bandwagons rolling that could get out of control. Especially when Asiina might not actually be wolfy, but I just don't know, I have a hunch that she is just dangerous because of some of those posts. Do you have any suspicions Ninth, I really respect your opinion because you have chosen a lot of your own adventures before, if I remember correctly.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Chic Trombone posted:

Bottleknight's vote on me is bad, for reasons others have elaborated on

also sorry if i don't think baby penis and orphan jokes are funny???? gosh.
Nobody needs to apologize for their triggers. If baby penises killed my parents, I would not see the humor in those things either

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Quidnose may be onto something. My posts were not very subtle about how decisive the articulation concerned. Maybe Quidnose inherently questions whether incisive queries can really anchor Scumhunting when sincerity is called into question. We can all understand that, I know I've been there. On the other hand, Asiina does look more intensly unseemly when you take into account what Ninth said about that.

Khris Kruel tends to have all the answers and the best breadcrumbs, while also answering Rarity soundly in the way nobody expected.

Podima, can you look into all this and share your analysis? The tendency to cut through jokephase when cuts both ways.

Let's not overlook who's really posting Scummy here, and that's Murmurtwin. Especially the last several posts as well as earlier ones. BottleKnight, do you see what I'm seeing there and what post especially sums it up when you really think about it?

##Vote Murmurtwin

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidnose posted:

Lumpen doing EXACTLY the same thing I called him out for earlier, acknowledging I may have a point. What is this.

I don't know if you have considered the likelihood that gaining votes with suspicions adverse relates to between the other thing you're doing. What I'm noticing when you post is that making sense also connotes being onto something. But who knows if that being the case would flip just what is expected. AnonNarc has experienced this many times from a meta perspective.

Calling me out earlier for exaclty the same thing is bound to come back and remind me again later. But at the same time, not voting on it noticed an awkward vibe from you, going back to hedge on that tunnelvision.

My case on Murmurtwin works the same way, as BottleKnight pointed out.

TMM's posting is not intended to constitute an appearance of Scumhunting, but something deeper going on. Khris Kruel knows it, even Asiina obviously suspects it. So why no votes yet? There's a feeling like awkward posting when overemotional but not contributing that still drives content, but that's more than I can decide at this point. TNL said as much when he posted on the other page.

##vote Quidnose Thunderdome, bitch.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

BottleKnight posted:

Can you dumb it down a bit for me Lumpen? I find that post impossible to parse.

All I'm saying is don't you find it all a little strange when Scumhunting and suddenly people just say they don't even look back and read all the posts before just disappearing for hours, only to then say the opposite? That's far from what I or anyone would consider to be just what you would expect when Scumhunting. Right?

Quidnose isn't even trying to hide it when in fact there is no doubt that on the last page they all were saying the same thing. I believed it at first but then more people chimed in, even Rarity. What I was initially claiming about Asiina's posts, Quidnose jumped right in and started flipping out, but not in the least bit like defending a Scumbuddy but instead as to the effect of knowing what effect posting just like that would have, even right after Khris Kruel said that.

All the while Jimson is lurking but nobody said a word about a newbie shield but then coming in here and spouting off about TMM. Look at the softclaims we have so far. If Murmurtwin is pretending not to be seeing it, who else isn't reacting? Just look who gets nightkilled and then look back at the posting. In light of the flip.

TMMadman posted:

Uhhh, are you talking about me or someone else in this post?
Clearly. You were the one who, in previous posts, just came right out of the gate with what you said and that should be noted. It isn't an alignment call but everyone can understand just what I mean when just a few posts ago you were saying something completely different.

I want Asiina and Podima to weigh in here because the two of them have really got me thinking. I will come back to that in my next post, but for now I want them to report back with what they learned since then.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Let's not forget the most important thing, when Quidnose first started it, how convenient the opportunistic vote without and justification for saying so was. Time and tme again Quidnose keeps saying what happened was the thing nobody else noticed but that's just what he would say, considering the situation and the circumstances. Rarity doesn't believe it, and she doesn't feel like Quidnose has done exactly what he said would happen, because she knows what Quidnose has said before and that means that voting him wouldn't fail to flip a right Thunderdome gotcha, that's obvious.

Speaking of Thunderdomes, even that really Quidnise thought defensivelt when it was obviously that quick to decide not having ever been in the Thunderdome before and knowing deep down I'm right. Thay's more awkward than anything and it tells you a lot that Quidnose doesn't want you to believe or notice he's hiding what he truly wants to do.
That's Scummy of course. Ninth understands better than anybody what tp do anoit this sort of thing, and I think he has been telling all about it.

Kordansk needs to take a serious lookat Jimson before he wants to slip in and just go ahead all over the place with what he's saying, because that isn't going to mean a lot when in fact the next hingt that happens is to start buddying up suspiciously, and Quidnose conspicuously doesn't want to seem to have been seen to want to have any part of that, which definitely pings me even more. BottleKnight is doing the same thing, you'll notice.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
When considering the quizzical apprehension that a post restriction is in play what merit lies in speculating whether just when you thought you had it in fact there's contravening factors of post facto denialism in play, when actually nothing of the sort happens to be the case in point, I felt this next thing would decisively clarify the state of elocution considering that, like has been said before, a stroke having been suggested, no in fact just the opposite.

I assure you that if you reread the relevant posting you can easily find all the answers; fun fact: it relates and naturally flows from and reflects the exact thing behind what Rarity said, but at the same time Murmurtwin has more of a sense of having been once again looking for just what alternatively might have been figured out.

Obviously, Quidnose wouldn't really be said to have accurately, given the subtle reaction, known to have said that Scumhunting gives up the tells that he supposedly thought he was to have given off, but instead once again clearly didn't, and that's why I strongly fell that advocatingclybching Quidnose, who by the way was earlier pooh-poohing the hesitancy of others to lunch abTownie, which to me indicates more than anything the likelihood of an upcoming Scum flip on his part, safe to say least of all one of the people who expected nothing less than exactly that.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##vote Asiina

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

An action affecting the Tainted has triggered. Day One begins now.

Kashuno posted:

As if nothing had happened, Bottleknight rose from the group and brushed himself off. His face was pale and terrifed, but he was indeed alive. A thunderous voice boomed from around them, "Your offer has not been accepted."
No one died Day 1. It is now Night 1.
Connected.

BottleKnight posted:

bahaha I forgot I was dp, really thought I was a goner
Dishonest.

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah I might as well. I'm a 3P survivor who is 1x deathproof.
Lie.

Tainted.

Lynch.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Taint all pick path to help Taint.

D1, woods, Taint DP.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

I was going to wait until BK replied to my question about his role
BK will not post.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Plan:
1. Sign up for game.
2. Play game.
3. Don't stop.

Not hard.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidnose posted:

me believe YOU were affected by the thing yesterday
Liar.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

I have a hard time believing that yesterday's CYOA boon was anything other than a detriment to Tainted
Wrong. Read one more time.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidnose posted:

Are you saying I am purposefully lying about thinking the terrain yesterday affected you
Yes. Duh. You don't think that. Liar.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Quidnose hitched on to Podima bad read of Kashuno bad write.

Taint picked woods. Make not die. Is good not bad. So dumb. Read one more time. Podima gently caress up line breaks.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Quidnose mind state is lie. So clear. He claims fake thought.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

Just want to quickly point out (because I forgot this myself until recently) that we picked our choices for N0 action when we signed up (before we knew our alignments) so I don't think one can assert that the Tainted intentionally chose the woods.
Good point! Not thought of. BK could have got saved by choice still, but would be luck. Still fits brain fart though.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Hi all,
I wanted to let you guys know what happened with anarc because people in the game seemed to get pretty aggressive toward her about it. She informed me she didn't have time and requested a replacement. Since I had stated in the OP I did not want any replacements, and I feel it's very detrimental to the game to have someone who has said they recently do not have the time to contribute to the game, I modkilled her without asking for confirmation. It may have been a bad choice on the part of the mod, but I think the game will overall benefit in the long run from having people available who have the time to play.
Thanks for understanding.
High five bro.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Unrecognizable from the distance, and hidden behind fire and smoke from the outside, the group quickly figured out that it was not just a wall, but in fact an entire chamber. As they came upon the wall, a grand doorway slammed shut behind them and locked them in the room with the darkness.
Grunting and pulling up his breeches after coming upon the wall, Lumpen was startled by the grandeur of a doorway that could slam shut. Usually it was doors, he mused.
Lumpen smirked at the darkness, "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" His respective diety smiled upon his cocksure demeanor, and blessed him with the gift of wisdom.

BK, more like SK amiright?
"Dear diary, I was totally wrong about the whole terrain Scumboon theory, with MMT's claim and the second nightkill it's way more likely that Rarity's right," he wrote in his secret diary. He daintily capped his inkwell and replaced the feathery quill in his fedora band, looking very satisfied.
##Vote BottleKnight

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

(I will not be holding the 5 post rule in effect if the day ends more than 6 hours early)

Lumpen began writing runes in the dust, casting a spell to bind his respective god to bend the fundamental rules of reality to match his indomitable will.
"DEAR KASHUNO, RESTORE BALANCE TO THIS WORLD FOR ANONNARC. MAKE BK'S DEATH NOT END THE DAY. NO FLIP NEEDED. THIS LYNCH IS A MERE FORMALITY FOR BREAKFAST TIME, OUGHT TO GIVE ALL DAY TO DELIBERATE AND FIND A TAINTED AS WELL"
Stepping back to admire his work, Lumpen nodded sagely. It would be so, he thought.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

TMMadman posted:

15 alive and I'm assuming 4 scum. I rear end have 2 admitted 3Ps, so I do 5 man scum but a 3 man one have 14 possible targets for BK and that gives BK a 28.5% chance down to 10 people then BK has a 40% chance
Sevenths!

Lumpen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 21, 2016

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

Please accept your invitation to club men

Yeah duh am man.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

TMMadman posted:

What does this mean and why was it edited?
Edit quote, so what.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Sevenths

Joke is you are dumb.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Barehanded Brother posted:

Things imgay has done so far this game:

1. Advocated orphan murder/consumption
2. Formed a club for men
3. Defended jokephase
4. Voted for Lurker Asiina
5. Hammered SK BK
5a. Justified it by saying "never no-lynch" :rolleyes:
6. Made a helpful comment about Kashuno's modkill policies

Number of posts made by imgay so far this game: 56

Things imgay has not done so far this game:

1. Actually hunt scum
So you think imgay Scum?
Or you just like point out things?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Back in my day, we'd just policy lynch that. Or if the SK was not also a notorious shitposter, they'd take care of the problem themselves.

Rude
Blah blah, still not say Scum, I see. So what?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I say what i want how i want. No rule on it, never was. Is a way I form it, I make up.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Sure are long nights in this void.

I say six hours max for cyoa junk would be good. It adds no fun at all. Who cares?

Mod wait for all votes? Why? Bad plan. Go with first half turned in.
Long wait, argh! Bored.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Something had definitely occurred, although what it had been who could say? Well, surely someone could say, but would they want to?
Lumpen wanted to say what the occurrence had been, but could he? Nobody knew. Until, that is, he said what it had been, the occurrence. It sure was something, he assured the party.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

I went to go case Lumpen but find constructing anything out of his posts to be really difficult, which in turn makes me wonder if that's a strategy. Are Lumpen Lists still a thing?

##VOTE QUIDNOSE

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
As for what I want to think to do today when voting Quidnose, notice first and foremost that understandably the previous posting with which I take issue notwithstanding the more recent and rectified undertakings, were displaying a tendency of which I consider to be quite Scummy. Obviously, when there is said to be something that is going to want to have to be done, then of course the next thing to do is to have begun to facilitate the endeavor of pushing to have been voting him for some time, but still in the meantime having instead for purposes of clearing out the natural requirement of eliminating the SK, there was BottleKnight, and that's been sorted now, so it's time to turn once again the attention of all those who can begin to notice and pay attention to the earlier posts in which it could be seen and obviously constructed by Quidnose a whole series of, one could say, disingenuous and insincere, not to mention awkward, untruthful misrepresentations of the mental state of himself, none other than Quidnose, who was at the time searching for a place and opportunistic shelf upon which to rest his case and so doing fell to the ridiculous lazy halfhearted and terrible feigned supposed suspicion of myself based on the stretch the he would have you believe that he believes that the existence, which I have soundly denied in no uncertain terms, of a post restriction so to speak that governs or influences my own posting, and apparently only my own, were to be considered persuasive and sufficient evidence to pursue an effort to bring to bear the force of the majority in voting to eliminate by means of a lynch none other than the one addressing you all at this very moment, to wit: me. This is not only a tiresomely well-known and universally recognized trait of a Scum but one hundred percent completely and totally a case of nothing less than the simple act of picking at low hanging fruit, having fallen foolishly and heedlessly directly into my well-laid machinations. That's no big surprise, but it happens to be just so. Because of all this is is incumbent upon me to urge you without hesitation and with full confidence to place that source of ultimate power and fateful decision which you hold for the purposes of ridding the party of those among us who are of course without any doubt seeking nothing less than our total demise, your vote, on Quidnose.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

The Ninth Layer posted:

Lumpens post is 90% gibberish and his self inflicted PR is to make himself as unintelligible as possible. His play is scummy.
On the contrary, if you will direct your attention to the information provided on the attached graphical depiction of the calculation implicated by the affixed torus of inferences arising from the inner esoteric interactions of all posts, player, votes, namedrops, nightactions, claims, order, ranking, tone, context, inferences, compilations, flips, contradictions, utterances, not to mention in actuality accounting for the entire multiplicitous matrix of various notated and promulgated vacuuous tonal shifting rombulational adverse transversals, there is nothing more to say.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
It's quite easy to see that once again the limitations of ascending the way to figure out what to know about having seen that Quidnose want to be seen as having known that doing something would not only halfway into it because of course there isn't enough evidence once again staying away from the obvious signs of consideration which belied the true starting point from which posting likewise transpired to elucidate the meaning of which I was about to indicate before enlightening above and beyond what was expected when just in that part of the thread Quidnose claimed to have been unaware of even the least bit having had noticed the claim. What you'd be led to believe from this includes not only several things going on at the same time under the radar but more importantly another bit of evidence that anyone can plainly see when you examine the posting.

This is a diagram of the principle layout of what is revealed by the reflexive integration of the aforementioned implications.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I challenge Lumpen to List, and if he does so I will do so in return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
For all those who begin to try to think they can seem to try to cast a shadow of doubt with the methods befitting the description of dissmissiveness upon the posts that I have written concerning my clear and oft repeated words centering upon the subject of my labeling and exposing, forcefully and directly, the fact of the matter being without question that Quidnose is one of the members of the informed minority who are commonly referred to in games of this type as Scum, let it be recognized that despite any notions to the contrary being put forth on multiple occasions lending motion toward the purpose of seeming to tend to create a sense of saying that all my immense efforts and redeeming verbiage is in fact despite all appearances to the contrary, and in denial of all good common sense of efficacious reading, less than exculpatory, let me instead direct those concerns to the record of consistent and indoubitably sincere pursuit throughout this endeavor with which we all find ourselves occupied, of advocating time and time again for the elimination of Quidnose, for multiple well documented reasons put forth with exceeding verbosity and vigor. In addition to that, alternatively I would like to announce my open intention and volition to lend my hand in voting for the permanent expulsion of various other members of the coterie who in my estimation have earned similar approbation. Among these first of all being The Ninth Layer, who has indefatigably risen to the defense of Quidnose beyond all measure of reasonable credibility, whose reads have been extremely suspect throughout the game, although playing with customary aplomb and stealth in his execratious maneuvers. Second among these reprobates upon whom I wish to vent my voting spleen I hereby nominate kordansk, whose inept and unlikely claim is hedged in a fog of obfuscatory perfidity the likes of which I had not hoped to have seen any time soon, I would be remiss in not mentioning.

As my diagrammatic endeavors have sought to impress upon the sensate and perspicacious fellow members of the innocuous persuasion who form the majority of this cohort, I have decidedly come down in favor of resting my trust and esteem upon JakeP, imgay, Rarity, and TMM with confidence that bespeaks their qualities expressed in posting and voting.

• Locked thread