Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
A period is a sign there isn't going to be another human making 62,415 pounds of garbage in their lifetime, so actually they save the earth, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah and 'flushable' wet wipes are in the process of destroying the sewer systems of everywhere they're used. Just cause something says it's flushable on it's wrapper doesn't actually mean it's really safe to flush. Toilet paper is pretty much the only man made thing outside your excrement that belongs in the toilet and if you haven't l learned that by the time you're an adult you're probably functionally retarded.
Maybe the sewer system should be updated to work around the literally more than half of the population that has a period on a regular occasion for upwards of 25 years of their life.

Just spitballin here.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Trash cans are a thing you know.
Yeah sure and in many parts of the world you have to throw your lovely toilet paper into them, too, which is also gross.

I'm sure we have the technology to not fill our bins with period garbage.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

The reality is we don't even have the technology to use wet wipes, I dunno if you have any plumbing or chemistry knowledge but it's actually a pretty big marvel that toilet paper works so well in the first place. Ain't nothing wrong with just tossing that poo poo in the trashcan for a week and giving it a much longer timeline to biodegrade without worrying about literally every bend in the pipes from your toilet to the wastewater treatment plant.
Reach for the stars, my man. Wet wipes and flushable feminine hygiene products truly out of sight and out of mind. A new dawn of not flipping up the bathroom bin lid to chuck a couple of razor blades out and trying not to be grossed out by your s/o / housemate's ladycrap.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

The sad truth is automation can't really solve everything and if we care about the planet there's going to need to be a bunch of small everyone pitches in kind of changes in day to day life on how we do things to make the world a sustainable place for our future.
"Guess about 40 years out of all human history trying to minimize how lovely your periods were was enough, ladies; we're putting all our tampax designers and pad architects to use trying to work out how to make mass transit appealing to Americans instead. You'll thank us later. Peace."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol at whoever changed my av and thinks I hate women

• Locked thread