Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

quote:

Every month, I seem to go through an endless number of disposal pads and tampons. What impact are my moon cycles having on the planet?

According to the new book Flow: The Cultural History of Menstruation, the average woman throws away 250 to 300 pounds of "pads, plugs, and applicators" in her lifetime. That sounds like a lot. But how much is 300 pounds in the grand scheme of things? Consider that the average American woman menstruates for 38 years—a period during which she can be expected to produce a grand total of 62,415 pounds of garbage (PDF). Thus, during your fertile years, period-related detritus should make up about 0.5 percent of your personal landfill load.

periods are dangers to the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

if i were a woman i'd for sure rock the DIVA CUP :allears:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

spud posted:

Got a true :nms: story for you about this (sorry about the words, but I dont have pics):

When I graduated university I moved down south with my gf for work. We were living in a small apartment in a very old building. We had been in there for around a year, and it was getting upto Christmas time. I remember getting up out of bed one evening and going to the kitchen sink at about midnight to get a glass water. The sink had small amount of brown liquid in that smelled like sewage. I was half asleep so just thought "gently caress it, ill sort it in the morning", and got water from the bathroom tap instead. The next day I woke up with this awful smell in the air....I go to the kitchen and the sink is overflowing onto the floor, the washing machine is full to the brim with the brown stuff, and the entire place stinks of raw sewage.

Gagging, and trying to not breathe through my nose, I tried using a cup to scoop the stuff into a bucket, and when the bucket was full I poured it into the toilet, but it was no use, it just kept overflowing. I contacted the land lord, who owned the building, and he came over and told us to grab some essentials and moved us out into a house he owned not far away. On the way out of the building, we passed one apartment that had literal poo poo leaking out from under the door. The landlord opens the door with his spare key. We were greeted by a huge blast of poo poo smell, and poking my head around the door, there is a thin film of poo poo all over the hallway.

Because all our Christmas food was in the freezer in our apartment, we ate frozen pizza bought from a gas station on Christmas day. When we finally get back to our apartment, 2 weeks later, after the drains had been power blasted and the apartment had been cleaned to like HAZMAT levels (I still have the certificate somewhere), we found out the issue was caused by women flushing loving sanitary towels down the toilet, with the U-Bend to the main sewage pipe being too sharp to cope with this as they weren't invented when the building was constructed. This meant that all the poo poo and piss from around 8 apartments had backed up the main sewage pipe, flooding the aprtments on the 1st floor, and leaving the 4 on the floor above safe.

We moved out about a month later.

tl;dr My apartment got flooded with poo poo and piss thanks to womens periods.

thank you for this, as i indeed, came.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

y not the diva cup i ask

• Locked thread