Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Howling Man posted:

This thread needs more positivism, guys.

I don't have room for any positivism in my heart, what with all the positivosity that's already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

The best thing about a New Day Face Turn?

Seth Rollins, if he comes back as a Face, can return as an honorary member of The New Day

This just makes me think of the idea I had, which is pretty silly and potentially kind of offensive to religious folk, where, when Seth is ready to return, the New Day starts to herald the approaching second coming of the Messiah. Cue a few weeks later, they introduce the Messiah, and it's Seth.

It's dumb, but it might create interest. I dunno.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't have room for any positivism in my heart, what with all the positivosity that's already there.

Sounds like you need to stretch out your positivity hammies some more.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This just makes me think of the idea I had, which is pretty silly and potentially kind of offensive to religious folk, where, when Seth is ready to return, the New Day starts to herald the approaching second coming of the Messiah. Cue a few weeks later, they introduce the Messiah, and it's Seth.

WWE would never do anything to offend religious people

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They didn't even let God tag in!

But seriously, it's not that they wouldn't do it. They just couldn't do it as faces in the WWE. It's easier to sell the idea that it's just a gimmick if the bad guys do it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

that is an awful idea

keep any religious overtones away from the wrestlers who managed to, on their own, shed an obnoxious preacher gimmick

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Every year, there's an appeal on Good Friday for the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. The New Day just came on after the last ad break to encourage people to donate. That's so awesome.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Reading that Vice article reminded me that they overacted the face gimmick they were given so much that they had to turn heel, and since they kept being awesome they were able to evolve to the point where there's almost nothing left of their black preacher origins, and now they're getting such a strong response that the only logical action is to turn them face again only with people WAY more into them than they had been during their first month or two.

It's almost like letting guys bring their own ideas and creativity and effort to a gimmick is a good thing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Y'all remember when they debuted as a face stable and people would boo them out of the building

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GeneX posted:

that is an awful idea

keep any religious overtones away from the wrestlers who managed to, on their own, shed an obnoxious preacher gimmick

:agreed:

Best case would be to have Seth come back as a surprise, but give him an honorary New Day themed outfit

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

New Day has definitely reached the point where they should be attempting to recruit people, Mark Henry was a good recent example. I think R Truth could do some solid crazy guy comedy segments with them too. They could also get into a properly racially inclusive stable too, which you don't see often (at least in WWE), and see them try to court other people. Have them go after Cesaro with Woods doing obnoxious trumpeting during a big swing, go after Ryder, try to use them to elevate some people from midcard obscurity or much, much lower. Have them try out a new guy each week until they settle on a proper new member, and there's your NXT callup or guy you actually really want to elevate and associate with the New Day.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Y'all remember when they debuted as a face stable and people would boo them out of the building

I legit thought that they would win both Best Gimmick and Worst Gimmick in the WON awards last year.

That's how I voted, anyway.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Face stables never work if they begin as face stables. They almost have to get over as heels first before crowds will accept them as such.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

NowonSA posted:

New Day has definitely reached the point where they should be attempting to recruit people, Mark Henry was a good recent example. I think R Truth could do some solid crazy guy comedy segments with them too. They could also get into a properly racially inclusive stable too, which you don't see often (at least in WWE), and see them try to court other people. Have them go after Cesaro with Woods doing obnoxious trumpeting during a big swing, go after Ryder, try to use them to elevate some people from midcard obscurity or much, much lower. Have them try out a new guy each week until they settle on a proper new member, and there's your NXT callup or guy you actually really want to elevate and associate with the New Day.

It could be a fun spot for Tyler Breeze. New day selfies.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

nowadays anyway

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

It could be a fun spot for Tyler Breeze. New day selfies.

The dodgeball game on upupdowndown with New Day, him, and Sasha was a terrible tease of what I want to see happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There is literally nothing I want more than The New Day recreating the Tip Drill Video.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/713180486458277889

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

There is literally nothing I want more than The New Day recreating the Tip Drill Video.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/713180486458277889

So many blurry Big E titties.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

UpfrontSalmon posted:

nowadays anyway

Is this more or less offensive than Vince dancing with God to Somebody Call My Momma and then beating him in a wrestling match?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"He mocks God. He MOCKS GOD!"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cubone posted:

Is this more or less offensive than Vince dancing with God to Somebody Call My Momma and then beating him in a wrestling match?

Well one involved vaguely religious imagery that caused mainstream media complaints, and the other was an egotistic old man proclaiming that he was greater and more powerful than a supreme being from the top of his own dunghill.

You decide.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Face stables never work if they begin as face stables. They almost have to get over as heels first before crowds will accept them as such.

Hasn't it kinda been the consensus that heels can get away with a lot more than faces? I thought I remembered hearing some guys preferring to be bad guys because they could get away with saying and doing terrible stuff, so it made it really really fun to antagonize. I could see that happening, and with New Day it worked because they just ran with it and got more ridiculous as time went on...and once you legit start laughing at the heels and their antics, it naturally turns them into the good guys.

Just please, Vince...don't script anything they do, let them keep their freedom, I want more of the good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIJ9vJ3TZAk

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ozz81 posted:

Hasn't it kinda been the consensus that heels can get away with a lot more than faces? I thought I remembered hearing some guys preferring to be bad guys because they could get away with saying and doing terrible stuff, so it made it really really fun to antagonize. I could see that happening, and with New Day it worked because they just ran with it and got more ridiculous as time went on...and once you legit start laughing at the heels and their antics, it naturally turns them into the good guys.

Just please, Vince...don't script anything they do, let them keep their freedom, I want more of the good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIJ9vJ3TZAk

That's part of it. I think part of it is also that, as a rule, the idea of wanting backup at all times is kind of a heel move, and that doesn't jibe too well with what people expect of faces. Plus, when faces try to sell themselves as being a bad-rear end crew, you end up with poo poo like Dudes with Attitudes (Dustin Rhodes, El Gigante, and a couple other guys), or the Union, or any other short lived face stable. Whereas if your group starts out as a heel it allows you to introduce yourselves as people with zero desire to have them cheer you, and like you said, it allows you to get away with everything and anything, and after enough repetition with the stuff that works, it becomes entertaining and endearing. The Rock is actually a good example of this principle as an individual. Rocky Maivia annoyed the poo poo out of people. The Rock was awesome, drat near from the get go.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

NowonSA posted:

Have them go after Cesaro with Woods doing obnoxious trumpeting during a big swing

TROMBONING.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Someone explain booty please.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the new day refers to things that are bad as "booty"

example: "the league of nations is booty" or "the league of booty"

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
How are booty-o's good then?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's a joke about eating rear end they snuck on tv

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
But eating rear end is good though

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
According to there promos you eat booty-o's so you aren't booty, think of it like Booty Be Gone or something

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

astrollinthepork posted:

How are booty-o's good then?

They make sure you aint booty

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

TROMBONING.

Gah. GAH!

I'm Booty :negative:

keevo posted:

They make sure you aint booty

.I need this fine nutritious breakfast.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Wasn't it the Jay-Z song that New Day mocked where E first used the term "booty"? That's the first I remember but it still makes me smile because it's true...all other tag teams ARE booty

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
I have a clearer understanding of booty. Thank you.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

astrollinthepork posted:

But eating rear end is good though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bold statement: it's actually bad

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bold statement: you're actually bad

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Getting one's rear end eaten is great.

Eating rear end is bad.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Eating rear end is bad.

Taking without giving is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Eating rear end is bad.

Roman whispers into Dean's ear, moments before turning heel.

• Locked thread