Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

naem posted:

*a bunch of adorable field mice being run over by a riding lawnmower*

TAKE HEART MY BROTHERS FOR TONIGHT WE FEAST WITH THE GODS, FOR ONLY THE BRAVE CAN ENTER IN TO THE HALL OF HEROS, HARK!! MY ANCESTORS THEY CALL TO ME!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
If carnivorous aliens ever use us as food this is how I hope they do it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
yeah i guess the one in the first video is just really lovely cause gently caress those little bastards got liquified like nothing loving wild lol

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I dropped something in there can you reach in and get it

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder what they do with all that chick slush? Dog food probably, but I hope the answer is cheap protein supplements.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I usually have a glass of raw chick slime in the morning, way better than egg yolks

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Kingfish posted:

I wonder what they do with all that chick slush? Dog food probably, but I hope the answer is cheap protein supplements.

what do you think goes in the mcnuggets

naem
May 29, 2011

They feed it back to the other chickens :(

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

naem posted:

awesome :black101:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

naem posted:

that's probably not a good idea

that's how we got mad cow disease, though by cows eating the remains of other cows

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

naem posted:

holy fuuuck that is brutal hahahahahhah

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vug posted:

i cannot comprehend the vicious stupidity of killing an animal because it's eating food that you put out in your garden

Squirrels are smart little fuckers. They will tease your dog, steal prize vegetables out of the garden, and generally gnaw on and ruin things for no particularly good reason. They're also not usually a problem unless you have a stupid neighbor that is feeding them and causing an overpopulation problem.

If you really need to get rid of squirrels, you have to use a rat trap like in that video but with a big bolt behind the spring for extra tension and few nails where the arm comes down. No I don't have pics.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Choosing a lobster and want one that hasn't been in the tank for long? Choose one that has intact sensory tentacle things and intact eyes. The longer a lobster spends in a tank, the more likely it is that their faces will be eaten by other lobsters.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Otisburg posted:

my favorite creepy-smart cephalopod story:

a smallish tourist aquarium kept some exotic fish near an open topped tank with an octopus. the fish kept disappearing and they found by putting a camera in the room that the octopus was sneaking out of its tank, slithering the distance to the other tank, and eating the fish. they didn't want it to do that, so they installed these lids on both tanks.

octopi, being smart fuckers, he wasn't deterred and figured out remove the lid on his own tank and the exoitic fish tank for another midnight feast. that's not the crazy part though. he carefully replaced both lids, even though it required additional effort for no immediate food-need benefit. this suggests that he may have had a mental model of the idea of among other things: others, guilt, and deception

and that octopuses name was albert einstein

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cooking a whole octopus on a grill. Somehow I don't think it will be seasoned well, but eh, suffering adds a good umami flavor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejxm2QX_KY

Also science!!!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpsLZDgFK4

last one is fake obviously, but explains why its not cruel to boil cold blooded things alive!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Oberleutnant posted:

and that octopuses name was albert einstein

octopuses are clever and there are lots of stories about them screwing around in labs
they're not amazingly clever though because apparently they do things like climb out of their tanks and go and hide in tiny gaps which aren't underwater, so if the scientists can't pry or coax them out of there they'll eventually suffocate

unless they're trying to commit suicide. perhaps the octopus is much less averse to death than we are, being as they are so short lived and willing martyrs to their offspring

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

VendaGoat posted:

Mmmmmmm Bugs.

this guy gets it

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Solice Kirsk posted:

last one is fake obviously, but explains why its not cruel to boil cold blooded things alive!

according to the David Foster Wallace article you cannot apply this analogy to lobsters

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why bother chopping them up or cooking them? if you want some real savagery you need look no further than th animal kingdom
(dont click this unless you want to puke):
:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnH_TOqi3I

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Rutibex posted:

why bother chopping them up or cooking them? if you want some real savagery you need look no further than th animal kingdom

is that the one with the ape and the baby gazelle?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My period panties are so messy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
all the self conscious bs about eating meat always seemed unrealistic to me. I dare you to watch unedited videos of wild animals hunting and feeding, literally ripping still living and breathing prey apart. Nature is a cruel bitch.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I've had that lobster sushi before, when I was like 12 or 13 I think. It was ok.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vug posted:

is that the one with the ape and the baby gazelle?

dude dont spoil it for other people

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

All animals were vegetarians before the original sin was committed and evil warped the natural order.

Checkmate, murderers. You have a choice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

vug posted:

according to the David Foster Wallace article you cannot apply this analogy to lobsters

He wasn't a lobster so I don't know if I should trust him on this one.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
This thread has changed the way I think about ripping animals apart and devouring them while they're still alive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pretty good skill shown in this one. Fish will probably live a long happy life making more delicious sushi for generations to come!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIBEcZRroM

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rutibex posted:

Apes are the most evil animal

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
if you can't stomach slicing up a baby human and pouring boiling hot water over it and eating its flesh, you shouldnt eat animals either tbh

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
by that logic nobody should have unprotected sex until they've watched a fetus get dismembered in a partial birth abortion

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

von Braun posted:

if you can't stomach slicing up a baby human and pouring boiling hot water over it and eating its flesh, you shouldnt eat animals either tbh

So long as the baby has been milk fed and kept immobile for its short life to ensure the tenderest of meat, I see no problem with this.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=faa_1334605690

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

dude dont spoil it for other people

I knew it was that one too because that poo poo stays with you

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The Goatfather posted:

Crabs and lobsters have it coming imo

Someone should chop up the OP so we can make an actual humorous thread about it in GBS.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Cartouche posted:

Someone should chop up the OP so we can make an actual humorous thread about it in GBS.

I'll bring some Chianti and fava beans!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

by that logic nobody should have unprotected sex until they've watched a fetus get dismembered in a partial birth abortion

pls don't share my personal "pregame" ritual itt

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you know it's surprisingly hard to find a video of this

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
the replies itt have got me thinking seriously about being a vegetarian for the first time in a long time, and for straight ethical reasons, not the wishy washy utilitarian argument that animals eat more plants than if you eat the plants directly or whatever

more a kind of, if you start to consider the idea of there being an animal that there is no ethically acceptable way to kill and eat it, and going down that road and thinking, so what animals is it ethically acceptable to eat exactly? etc

vug fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
pedantry aside I guess the point I'm trying to make is that people using graphic imagery to illustrate the "consequences" of the "immoral" personal choices of complete strangers are being emotionally manipulative assholes, whether they're anti-abortion or vegans

• Locked thread